46 passes. 28 runs. 2 point game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

46 passes. 28 runs. 2 point game.

There's your answer. Overreliance on the pass. Running games need regular, consistent reps to get into a groove. McD kept that from happening all afternoon. Passing on third and shorts. Passing on first downs. Play calling was BEYOND baffling today. If losing ONE GUY effects you that much, something is severely wrong with your system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: 46 passes. 28 runs. 2 point game.

They clearly did not over rely on the pass. They abandoned the run when they were down by 11 with 6 minutes left because of the clock and that is when they finally started to move the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

That accounted for a small percentage of their plays. And they didn't abaondon the run then, Woodhead ran in for a TD if not for a hold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

That was one of the worst holding call, but we didn't deserve to win this game...Hats off to the Cards they came to play and we didn't..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Frankly, unless you simply watched the boxscore you'd have to be an idiot to believe this drivel.  The Patriots spent the entire first half running the football, and ran it somewhat effectively.  The result was they were losing at half time. 

They came out in the third quarter and did it again, but then after being down 20-9 in the fourth quarter they had to pass the ball.  So they threw the ball 23 straight times to end the game to 1 pass (-4 yards by Ridley) resulting in them scoring as many points in 6 minutes as they did in the previous 50 minutes.

Perhaps you would run a two minute offense when down by 9 with running, but nobody else would.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Play calling was the issue, giving Woodhead the ball on 3rd and shorts when Ridley was in a groove was terrible. Fancy pass plays that resulted in negative plays and incompletions did not help. I mean an HB option pass on a 3rd and medium in FG range for a loss of like 9 yards?

A double reverse fake resulting in a sack, throwing bombs for no reason, inaccurate passes towards the sideline. Drops by everybody. That is what killed this game.

That blocked punt was icing on the cake.

Even with all of that, still had a shot to win but low and behold, Gronk manages to accrue two penalties in a span of 1 minute and Gost shanks it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No, if anything McD was using Woody too much on 3rd and shorts. Woody looked horrible all game till that draw td that should have counted but a TERRIBLE holding call. We had balance. Brady didn't have a very good game, and I have to question a few of McD's calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

whoever started this post is an idiot. We ran the ball almost all of the first half. It was like we want a close game today so we're just gonna let Brady handoff most of the first half. We are a team that throws to set up the run. With a front seven like Arizona has they will just stuff the run. Run 2, try one pass and kick. McDaniels is on his way out of the league with more games like this. Did Belicheck ok this game plan, what a joke and disaster. My eight year old kid could have called better plays

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We definitely had some stupid trick plays or unecessary long pass attempts, when we could have called smarter plays. Using Woodhead was another mistake many times in this game, especially when Ridley was at least making some progress. But, you alos have to remember our O-line didn't exactly give Brady the best protection this game and that also effected the run at times.

With Hern's injury the whole offense went into limp mode.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ridley in running game was fine for 2 quarters, but then the  Cards started getting gap penentration mid-3rd. Pats didn;t not play well in the 2nd half and relied on last minute heroics to win. Cards D played very well. If anything good came out of this it that we know that Jones is a very good player and that the D is somewhat close to the point where if brady throws a clinker the Pats can win, but the D wasn't good in the 2nd half as they were in the 1st half. Same old adage applies you have to play all 4 quarters to win.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If you had told me the Pats D would hold the Cards offense to under 200 yrds passing and Fitzzy would be held to one catch. I would have readily assumed a win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you had told me the Pats D would hold the Cards offense to under 200 yrds passing and Fitzzy would be held to one catch. I would have readily assumed a win.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the defense played very well. I really thought we would go 4 and 5 wide this game and spread the cards D out. Although I was excited that Ridley was gashing em, but then we would bring Woody in on 3rd and run him up the gut?

Imo we might need to evaluate the Woody situation. I was not impressed at all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

you run if it is fit for the moment.  what cost us the game was the retarted ending.  fake holding call.  fake false start.  stupid middle of the field plays for - yards.  GET CLOSER NOT FURTHER AWAY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There were 28 rushes overall and 33 passes going into the last two catch up drives. Nothing to complain about with balance in this one. The just upped the pass total on those final drives.

At 3.2 yards a rush it's surprising they ran as much as they did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the defense played very well. I really thought we would go 4 and 5 wide this game and spread the cards D out. Although I was excited that Ridley was gashing em, but then we would bring Woody in on 3rd and run him up the gut?

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's been 2 years since Woody looked good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Frankly, unless you simply watched the boxscore you'd have to be an idiot to believe this drivel.  The Patriots spent the entire first half running the football, and ran it somewhat effectively.  The result was they were losing at half time. 

They came out in the third quarter and did it again, but then after being down 20-9 in the fourth quarter they had to pass the ball.  So they threw the ball 23 straight times to end the game to 1 pass (-4 yards by Ridley) resulting in them scoring as many points in 6 minutes as they did in the previous 50 minutes.

Perhaps you would run a two minute offense when down by 9 with running, but nobody else would.

[/QUOTE]

do you think that the playcalling was unpredictable? Yeah, they ran the ball....but it seemed that the "misdirection" plays were not in the game plan....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

They ran the ball too much if you ask me. Honestly, I think that this team should use the pass to open up the run instead of using the run to open up the pass. Our quarterback is freaking Tom Brady! Too many drives ended because of runs that were stuffed for losses or failed runs on third down. The Cardinals did a hell of a job, but when you have Gronk, Welker, and Lloyd running around out there you should be using them. That's my opinion.

Dropped passes were an issue today as well. There were too many drops, and Welker dropped ANOTHER big time pass that would have kept the drive alive instead of resulting in that blocked punt. Awful.

Also, did the OP even watch the game? It wasn't until the team started the hurry up pass offense that they scored a TD. They deserved to lose this game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's been 2 years since Woody looked good.

[/QUOTE]

Woody looked pretty good in the super bowl. He had a tough first down run in the first half and didn't he score a TD that was called back by a holding call. Ridley had some ugly runs too. The offensive line was pretty bad until the Pats got desperate late.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You were crowing to pass the ball all through the game thread. I asked then, I'll ask again now, how'd it work after the FIRST TO when they came out and gave up back-to-back sacks?

How'd it work on the first offensive play that led to their only TO?

Playcalling was absolutely an issue, they did not commit to the run as they had the week before. They started doing what they did 07-11; running at predictable times, and throwing too often.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The offensive line was terrible for most of the game so what is everyone expecting. It would be 3rd and short and the Rb would get hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Execution was terrible. I felt it was too balanced for much of the game. I like using the pass to open up the run. Today they seemed to try the opposite in the first half and only got 6 points.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They ran 16 times in the first half and passed just 13 times (12 attempts, 1 sack).  This was exactly the kind of play calling certain posters were demanding all offseason.  Establish the run early. Stick with it. Stay balanced.

It produced two field goals, three punts, and one interception.

Finally, in the fourth quarter, they tossed out balance and started playing like they did last year, with Brady in the shotgun all the time and throwing every play, often going no-huddle and hurry-up.  They ended up moving the ball well finally . . . and scoring a TD. Wish they had gone to this a bit earlier. I do like the better running game with Ridley, but this is a team that executes very well in the hurry-up offense and needs to keep that in the game plan.  O'Brien maybe relied on it too much last year, but not using it at all is probably not wise.

Also . . . maybe we need more real receivers?

25. This post has been removed.