49ers would be tougher with Kaepernick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

49ers would be tougher with Kaepernick

Kid looked good out there tonight.

This would make for a tougher game for the Pats because:

1. He can scramble and i think he can take advantage of the Pats defense with it.

2. More importantly, virtually no game tape on him. This is his 2nd year so he's has some time to absorb Harbaugh's system too.

Granted it's one game, but I think I'd rather face an Alex Smith led offense than a Kaepernick one. Packers are still my favorite in the NFC but 49ers are a close second.

Never bought the Bears and probably never will as long as Cutler is their QB and Lovie is their head coach. Something about Lovie wrongs me the wrong way. Guys like Tomlin, BB, McCarthy and even Jim Harbaugh give me that championship feel (I know Jim hasn't won one yet).

I get the same feeling watching Lovie as I do when I watch Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, and Marvin Lewis...coaches who may have good teams but will never be great

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: 49ers would be tougher with Kaepernick

I need numbers to back it up but I do not recall running QB's being a major problem through the years for the Pats. Other than the wildcat game in 2009 against the Dolphins I do not recall those types of offenses being a problem. Tebow and Vick were not a problem last year and neither was Vince Young when he was a starter (the Pats ended a long Vince Young win streak when people thought he was going to be a future superstar). McNabb never seemed to play well against the Pats either. I'm probably missing someone obvious bit it's too late to research it right now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

While I'd agree for the most part that he might be more difficult to defend, but I think last nights game was more an indication that the Bears had NOT prepared correctly to account that he might be in the game.  The fact that it was such a blowout indicates to me that L.Smith didn't have his guys properly prepared.  Let's not forget...Alex Smith can get on his giddyup too.  He moves surprisingly well.

Either way, the 49ers are going to be very tough to beat...I think they would have been tough last year in the SB, but this year...they look even more dominant.

Just a side note topic...Harbaugh and his coaches put that defense together in less than two seasons.  Why is it taking BB so long to get his moving in the right direction?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would most def. rather play against A.Smith.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont have the numbers to back it up in hand, but I believe that I read that Luck is the 2nd fastest QB in the NFL after RG3

I think Smith is borderline top 10 QB in the NFl, and the more time he has with Harbaugh the better he will be.

Call it the elite 6-Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rohthlsberg

Call it the next -Ryan, Flacco, Romo

I put Smith in that next group with a sliding Rivers and improving Luck, Stafford and Cutler

Bunched after that-Dalton, Palmer(reminds me of Bledsoe), Freeman

On the right team, needs more talent around them-Ponder, Bradford, Wilson

QB's stuck on the wrong team, needs more talent around them-Vick, Newton, Locker, Gaebart, Sanchez, Kolb

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont have the numbers to back it up in hand, but I believe that I read that Luck is the 2nd fastest QB in the NFL after RG3

I think Smith is borderline top 10 QB in the NFl, and the more time he has with Harbaugh the better he will be.

I put Smith in that next group with a sliding Rivers and improving Luck, Stafford and Cutler

QB's stuck on the wrong team, needs more talent around them-Vick, Newton, Locker, Gaebart, Sanchez, Kolb

[/QUOTE]

Not to nit pick but in my opiniom I think Dalton is already better than Stafford and is more consistant than Romo and is teetering on the edge of the Ryan, Flacco category.

[/QUOTE]

opinions welcome, and I certainly can be swayed on some of my rankings as well...just saying, I think Smith is a lot better than given credit for

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Kaepernick will take more risky throws, which can lose you games, but also win them for you.

My problem with Smith is that he doesn't take chances. You get ahead by 10+ and you can pretty much say the 49ers are done.

With the scrambling QB, I don't know where to find the stats...but I don't mean QB's rushing for yards as much as scrambling outside of the pocket to make passes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I'd agree for the most part that he might be more difficult to defend, but I think last nights game was more an indication that the Bears had NOT prepared correctly to account that he might be in the game.  The fact that it was such a blowout indicates to me that L.Smith didn't have his guys properly prepared.  Let's not forget...Alex Smith can get on his giddyup too.  He moves surprisingly well.

Either way, the 49ers are going to be very tough to beat...I think they would have been tough last year in the SB, but this year...they look even more dominant.

Just a side note topic...Harbaugh and his coaches put that defense together in less than two seasons.  Why is it taking BB so long to get his moving in the right direction?

[/QUOTE] Because other than last years playoff game, SF had early round draft picks and they picked well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Kid played college ball in my neck of the woods, watched him in person many times.  Has a cannon for an arm and is a very good runner, has the size to make it all work together and be an amazing threat at QB.  I'm thinking Randell Cunningham here.  It will be interesting to see what the 49'ers do here with him and Smith.  I say you gotta ride Smith for the season unless he stalls then replace him.  However, Colin is the future for next season on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

BB wouldn't let him run. Make him stay in pocket and throw in traffic.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to nit pick but in my opiniom I think Dalton is already better than Stafford and is more consistant than Romo and is teetering on the edge of the Ryan, Flacco category.

[/QUOTE]

Dalton is good but no Matt Ryan

[/QUOTE]

Give him the couple more years Ryan has had, he may get there--especially throwing to A J Green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lessons-learned-as-a-qb-should-compel-49ers--jim-harbaugh-to-be-bold-in-kaepernick-smith-decision-060054648.html

"....Harbaugh reportedly made second-year quarterback Colin Kaepernick his starter, replacing incumbent Alex Smith, who was informed by Harbaugh that the reason was unrelated to Smith's concussion, according to Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated."

Because the Pats play tonight, that will leave us time on Sunday to watch the Saints vs 49'ers to see if Kaepernick is the real thing. The coaching staff of the Pats will be interested in getting their hands on more game films on the guy as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

CK9 is more elusive in the pocket than Smith, but Smith can play mistake free football (no INTs) when CK starts seeing various blitz packages does he start to make mistakes (eg; throw INTs). Let's not forget this kid has only had one good game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

LOL@ implying that BB would blitz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I always kind of wondered how they haven't been good along with a lot of other teams.  The system is specifically rigged so bad teams get the pick of the best players and vice versa.  How do the Patriots or Ravens or Steelers stay at the top having to choose players last?  How do the Lions or Rams stay at the bottom.  SF hasn't really been good for many years.  How many top 10 picks can you get and still suck.  I would think even if they just picked guys from throwing at a dartboard than they would end up with a good team after 5 or 6 bad years.  I think that team was stacked before Harbaugh fot there, just needed a decent coach.