49Patriots' 53 Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49Patriots' 53 Patriots

QB(3): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallet and Tim Tebow. 

I don't think Tebow has earned a spot, I don't want him to make the team, but Belichick is as arrogant as they come and he rarely ever wants to admit he's wrong. His amazing defense of Tim Tebow after posting historic low numbers as an "improvement" was all too telling. Kraft likes the guy a lot, McDaniels loved him enouigh to draft him in round 1 and they've installed an entire package for him. He sticks, the fix is in. 

RB (4): Ridley, Vareen, Blount and Washington

Bolden is a scrub, he's only had one good game as a pro and he was pumped on steriods. I would rather take a proven 1,000 yard season RB in Blount over Bolden. I've never understood the love for this guy, he plays like Benny, but he's not nearly as strong. He plays more like Marooney when he can't find a hole and once he gets contacted. Why do you guys ike him?

WR (6): Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman and Slater. 

Amendola and Edelman are one in the same. They're slot WRs who can occasionally play outside with good enough speed, Edelman makes the team because he is, arguably, one of the greatest PR men in the NFL. Slater makes the squad for the same reason, he's a fantastic gunner. The three rookies, obviously, make the team. Good showing from them and great potential. 

TE (3): Ballard, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui 

Ballard makes Fells expendable, Sudfeld is this year's Julian Edelman/Benny a slew of other UDFAs New England always lands that contribute. Sure, Thompkins can be that guy too, but Sudfeld is a red-zone target that will be Tommy's new BFF this season. Hoo-Man plays FB and TE, save a spot and keep a guy who plays both spots. Plus, Hoo-Man is an underrated pass catching TE. 

OT (3): Vollmer, Solder, Svitek

Nothing to see here, moving on. 

OG (3): Mankins, Conolly, Cannon

Same thing here, nothing to see here. Move on. 

C (2): Wendell, Kline

I don't follow OL play, no denying that from me.  But Kline has been rising on everyone else's list and I will add him for that reason alone. I also like that he plays multiple positions along the line as Cannon and Svitek can also play OG/OT. 

DE (5): Jones, Ninkovich, Bernard, Francis, Buchanan

Jones will have a monster year if he stays healthy, Ninkodink will see a lot of single coverage this year, he needs to step it up  and take advantage. Bernard hasn't shown me anything, but he has made Belichick play him with the ones. He takes another riod abuser's spot in Cunningham. Can't believe BB passed on Carlos Dunlap a pick before he picked Cunningham, the guy who was better in college when he lined up with Cunningham every saturday! I hate when BB outsmarts himself! Francis hasn't played muc this PS, but the guy is a warrior who fought his way on to the squad last season and then ought his way onto the field ahead of overhyped, overrated, undertalented Bequette who's spot will be taken by the former UDFA. And I really like Buchanan's game, the guy is a high motor guy who gave it all in every game Ive seen him in. He wont find the PS, dont even try, BB. 

DT (3): Wilfork, Kelly, Forston. 

Could Kelly and Wilfork turn into another Warren and Seymour? I certainly hope so, these guys are going to dominate and force Chandler and Nink into a ton of Would rather have Arthur Jones, but beggars can't be choosers. 

OLB (3): Mayo, Hightower, Collins, 

Self explanitory. 

MLB(3) : Spikes, Fletcher, Beauharnais

Fletcher can play out on the Weakside and continue as Mayo's back-up, but Beauharnais makes the squad. He's the only Rutgers player I actuall like from the draft and he wont survive the PS either. 

CB (6): Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Dowling, Ryan, Cole. 

I want to cut Dowling, but I can't. Too much talent, too much upside. Maybe his injury for the season is what kept him out of the two preseason games and the rest of the season is a clean slate, but I don't want to cut him. Cole makes the team as a ST ace playing Gunner alongside Slater. 

S (5) : McCourty, A. Wilson, Gregory, Harmon, Ebner. 

No way, or point, we keep 6 S. I've had it with Tavon's unintelligent play, he's just a dumb safetyand those are useless. He's a better cover S than Gregory, but both fall for a PA fake. What's worst is Tavon falls for every double move and he cant tackle! WOW!

ST (3): Ghost, Aiken, Mesko. 

PUP: Gronk, Armstead

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: 49Patriots' 53 Patriots

I think I am missing a guy, add Tarpinian if I am.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think Bolden stays. Several TE's on PUP allows BB to keep him and pursue a running game early in the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just want to know what offense did the Pats install for Tebow? Most of the offense that is run with him on the field is that same as every play that they run with a RB. The only difference is it's a direct snap to an RB with the occassional pass play tossed in. I haven't really even seen the option with him as most look like straight up draw plays. I also don't see the option run when the 1st and 2nd stringers are on the field so they really haven't implimented a new O with the players who will actually be on the field during games persay. If he practiced it with the 1st and 2nd stringers I might agree or if it was an actual option and not just a direct snap version of a running play but so far I haven't seen either

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Since we are talking 53 man Roster, here is mine as of today.....

QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Tebow
    RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington
    WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
    TE (4) Gronkowski, Sudfeld, Ballard, Fells
    C (1) Wendell
    G (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
    T (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
    DE (5) Ninkovich, Jones, Francis, Benard, Buchanan
    DT (3) Wilfork, Forston, Kelly
    ILB(3) Spikes, Fletcher, Beauharnais (Beauharnais due to special teams)
    OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins
    CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Dowling, Ryan
    S (6) McCourty, Gregory, Wilson, Wilson, Harmon, Ebner
    ST (3) Gostkowski, Mesko, Aiken

PUP Armstead

Total players: 53

BTW, I have not heard a whole lot of Mark Harrison, he is a tall receiver that I thought I read he hurt his foot.  Could he also end up on the PUP list?

If Tebow is gone then add Zusevics, I have always like Cunningham but I dont' see him making the 53.  Went back and forth between Dowling and Coles.  As of right now for some reason I am not yet ready to throw in the towel on Dowling despit me saying so last week.  But I just think Coles is horrible so decided to keep Dowling and my fingers crossed he can get healthy for the season.

Flame away on my projection!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This is interesting:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends.

Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't really have much disagreement w/49 with the possible exception of T. Wilson vs Ebner.  This is only TW's second year and they've not played a game yet that matters.  Ebner is an intriguing case.  Everyone seems to like his growth potential but I just don't know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
    RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington, Blount
    WR (5) Amendola, Boyce, Edelman, Thompkins, Dobson
    TE (4) Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld, Ballard
    C  (1) Wendell
    G  (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
    T  (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
    DE (6) Ninkovich, Francis, Benard, Bequette, Buchanan, Jones
    DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston, Grissom
    ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
    OLB(4) Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Rivera
    CB (6) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Green, Dowling
    SS (2) Wilson, Wilson
    FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon
    ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Mesko

Total players: 53  (Surprise pick Green)

• PUP: Armstead
    • IR: Harrison
    • Tebow cut
    • More emphasis on RB and DE
    • Ebner cut
    • Rivera ST
    • Hooman TE/FB
    • Practice Squad:  Kline, Zusevics, White, Grissom (after Armstead activated), Aiken, Simms, Beauharnis

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

This is interesting:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Insiders that the Patriots are "putting out feelers" about available tight ends.

Jacob Tamme, Clay Harbor, and Tony Moeaki are just a few names that could be available. Whether the Patriots' interest in tight ends has anything to do with their expectations on Rob Gronkowski's (back surgery) recovery is impossible to say. It's also possible they're not pleased with Daniel Fells and Jake Ballard behind Zach Sudfeld. The Boston Herald reported Monday that Gronk remains "right on schedule" for a return in mid-September...

I would love to get Moeaki here! I think he's currently 3rd on the chiefs depth chart too. Not sure why Reid doesn't like him. He never really had a good qb and he's still young

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

QB(3): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallet and Tim Tebow. 

I don't think Tebow has earned a spot, I don't want him to make the team, but Belichick is as arrogant as they come and he rarely ever wants to admit he's wrong. His amazing defense of Tim Tebow after posting historic low numbers as an "improvement" was all too telling. Kraft likes the guy a lot, McDaniels loved him enouigh to draft him in round 1 and they've installed an entire package for him. He sticks, the fix is in. 

If only BB had your savvy about football.