4th and 5 on Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: 4th and 5 on Sunday

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB himself characterized at not one of his high points as a coach.

[/QUOTE]

So we probably won't see him try it again unless we're losing late in a game. I'd like to see McDaniels do the same for his reverses and trick plays that lose more yards than they gain. He stayed away from that crap Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

I hope we don't see it again and I totally agree on the trick stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't like the call, but the moron up above who called it "arrogant" needs a dictionary.

[/QUOTE]

Webster's Dictionary

arrogant: see Queenie

[/QUOTE]

azz/hole; see jints

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I have zero problems with the call. If you have some momentum, and a lead, why take your foot off their throat? I can't stand conservative play...and that call was far from conservative. The net yards gained from a punt would have been small. I agree a run might have been a better call, but nobody plans on getting sacked and fumbling. Obviously the execution on that play was a disaster.

My question is if Ebner sucks so bad at blocking on punts, why the hell is he even in there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My question is if Ebner sucks so bad at blocking on punts, why the hell is he even in there?

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't suck at it, but he is a backup.  He was in there due to an injury to Tracy White.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not complaining about going for it. I agree with an earlier poster that if you know it's 4 down territory run it on 3rd down (you can spread them out and run it if you want to disguise it). My comparison with this decision and the Colts game has nothing to do with field position but the fact that it seemed that it was a seat of the pants decision both times (at least to me). Especially in the Colts game where they wasted their final time out in confusion which meant they could not challenge the spot. i agree with the previous poster that I do not think a field goal was feasible there.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...i gotcha now.  Okay...i'll buy into that.  I thought the play calls were little haphazard too, good observation on that.  Another example of poor playcalling was when they were going in for another TD before the half.  Ridley got stopped, and then they just ran the same play again and it was blown up.  It seemed a little unorganized...like the players didn't know what they were going to run after the first play didn't work. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In regards to 4th and 2: What I meant was if he knew he was going to go  for it on 4th down, he should have ran it on 3rd and 2. It should be easier to gain 2 yards running the ball against a weak run D than throwing.

This game. Run on third down. Kill some time, then I would have no problem going for it.

MY ABSOLUTE least favorite call was in Super Bowl 42. 4th and 16 on the 31 in the third quarter AND THEY GO FOR IT. They miss the kick and theyre where? the 38 yard line? 

I don't know what Gostkowski was hitting in the pregame, but I like the odds of making a 48 yard field goal moreso than going for a 4th and 16 on a D that had contained the offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Fourth and five having used a few minutes on the drive. Not like it was a potential 3 and out on that drive; they had two first downs prior to that call.

I agree it's a bit arrogant, but I think BB would rather take that chance knowing his D will likely give back that yardage in two plays anyway; it's Manning, and he was having a great game.  The D got a lot softer in the last 12 minutes.

I just don't think it was the worst coaching call.  He's done this a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

To me, it seems like Brady just refuses to throw the ball away, and takes needless sacks and hits.  It happened in the Baltimore game as well.  This o-line is not the pass protecting crew he had 5-6 years ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me, it seems like Brady just refuses to throw the ball away, and takes needless sacks and hits.  It happened in the Baltimore game as well.  This o-line is not the pass protecting crew he had 5-6 years ago.

[/QUOTE]

The best pass protection Brady can get is a solid running game. The best defense against Manning was a solid running game.

BB should have never gone for it and it was a pisspoor play call with too many things that could have gone wrong ( and did ). If they must they should have called a run.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I would have put the O out there in shotgun formation and try to draw them across for a penalty and a first down...if they don't commit have brady pooch punt it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would have put the O out there in shotgun formation and try to draw them across for a penalty and a first down...if they don't commit have brady pooch punt it.

[/QUOTE]

I thought that was what they were going to do until the ball was snapped.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL @ so-called Pats fans questioning BB's coaching decisions

[/QUOTE]

BB questioned it himself during the post game. There's a difference between being a fan who questions some decisions and being an adoring drone who thinks mistakes are never made. The drone tends to know nothing and is most likely a post SB pink helmet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

shoulda punted