5 Guys you would sit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

5 Guys you would sit

Before I ask my question I just want to be up front and say I stole this idea from Scott Zolack on the 98.5 radio show he hosts.

With that said, who are the 5 guys you would sit again the Texans if any and why?

I normally wouldnt want to sit guys cause thats not how i like to see the game played but i do think you sit your guys that are not healthy. So i would sit the following players and give them some rest for the playoffs.

1) Wes Welker - This guy takes more of a beating then anyone else on the team and could use a week of rest im sure before the playoffs.

2) Kevin Faulk - One of our most important players and one of the oldest as well. Give him a break and let his body heal up. He is the 3rd down RB so he blocks guys twice his size so he could use a break.

3) Vince Wilfork - He is *banged up. Enough said.

4) Ty Warren - This guy is *banged up. enough said

5) I am conflicted with this one and I will explain. I think they should sit Shawn Springs. They have already shown us that they are willing to let him take a seat and get his rest by making him inactive for a lot of the season so he would be fresh for the playoffs. This is where I get conflicted. Do they sit Springs so avoid him getting hurt going into the playoffs? Or do they keep playing him so he doesnt get rusty and can continue to grow with in the defense? I like the idea of sitting him but I also think its important to keep his momentum going into the playoffs. So for my 5th guy i will say either sit Shawn Springs OR Let Brady play the first half and then sit him down for the second half.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: 5 Guys you would sit

I think if Belichick sits any players there will be a lot of pats fans calling their coach a coward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Killa good post even if you got it from Zolak. Those 5 are good and I'll go halvesys with you. Entire first string on both sides of the ball play the first half, sit the second....it's the only break their going to get. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

"I think if Belichick sits any players there will be a lot of pats fans calling their coach a coward. "

Only if the Pats were currently 15-0. 

I would only sit the dinged up players.  Warren, Wilfork, so forth.  everyone else plays in order to keep the momentum going.  maybe pull them a little earlier if the Pats can build a huge lead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Welker-Key to the offense
    Wilfork-Not healthy
    Warren-Not healthy
    Moss-Clearly playing injured give him a break
    Brady-Let him practice this week and play a half but thats it.

Pulling Koppen, Light, Neal and Sea Bass might be a smart idea as well.  Last thing we need going into the playoffs is a limpy Koppen or a healthy Kaczur to get beat up by mathis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Dogg we're not team that stared history in the face and blinked, we made not of made it but at least we went for it. You may end up smelling like rose 18-1 and SB champs is better than 18-1 and SB loser,but if that comes to fruition you'll be kicking yourselves over the Jets game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Id bench Adilius Thomas... o wait...

1. Wilfork
    2. Warren
    3. Moss
    4. Brady
    5. Welker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I know this is a fan driven discussion and the thought to sit players may be the furthest thing from BB's mind until the game Sunday is almost over.

For now - since they do not need to be standing, I'd sit any 5 of the coaches!  I know, this is tongue in cheek, but, BB wouldn't consider sitting anyone until a game is won.  If he played them until the end in the 2007 season, why should he change now?

Now here's is what he could do:  platoon more often.  Let Edelman take some hits for Welker in the slot.  Keep most starters in with a sprinkling of the back-ups versus a line-up of mostly backup players.  Resting players may not mean an entire game or even a full quarter!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"I would only sit the dinged up players.  Warren, Wilfork, so forth.  everyone else plays in order to keep the momentum going.  maybe pull them a little earlier if the Pats can build a huge lead. " - Mike -JD

So you would bench Tom Brady then right since he is clearly playing hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I like the idea of sitting Moss as well I just couldnt fit him into my top 5 but he is also playing hurt and maybe a break could help. But at the same time he is on a roll right now and maybe we shouldnt risk him losing this momentum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

And what do you guys think about Springs? do we make sure he is healthy by not giving him the chance to hurt himself or do we let him continue to get his feet wet and let him play and risk losing him? We have been a much better D with him at CB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The secondary is much improved with Springs and Sanders. I'll go with what I said earlier....play the first half sit the second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I just dont want to risk not having Springs in the playoffs he is going to be important if we expect to make a push. Moss should sit though he needs to be healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I see.  So to pats fans the colts are qualified cowards.  Its not about sitting players, because, of course, the pats have done that and per this thread may do it again, its about sitting players when undefeated. 

Gotcha - as clear as mud.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Glad you finally understand...Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

posted at 12/28/2009 3:32 PM EST
    First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 12/28/2009
    I see.  So to pats fans the colts are qualified cowards.  Its not about sitting players, because, of course, the pats have done that and per this thread may do it again, its about sitting players when undefeated. 

You really can't be that dim, can you?  Maybe all the fat from a diet consisting of fried Pork Tenderloin sandwiches has affected your brain.  Here's a little help my special friend.  The  two situations have nothing to do with each other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

if Brady is too hurt to play well, then he should sit if the rest will benefit him.  altough maybe i would play him and just limit his reps because no one is more crucial to the balance of the team than the QB and they still need to get some quality drives in there to maintain sharpness (if that is a word).  that, to me, is a risk worth taking especially since QB is one of the least physically demanding positions nowadays, unlike Lineman.

underdoggg-   how hard is this to understand?  yes, it is about sitting players when undefeated.  no one (at least not i) would be calling them cowards for doing that if they had already lost a game.  debating whether or not it was a good idea, yes.  but not calling them cowards for it.  bottom line- Colts had a chance at immortality and chose to run away from that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg....   do you see ANY Pats fans calling for BB to sit players at the expense of a win?  We are writing about who would sit, but not an entire game.  The Pats are on a roll and to "give it up" for just one game can ruin the momentum, the current theme many have for the Colts and Saints. 

Now, unlike the past, the Pats happen to be playing in a game that does have an impact on the playoffs.  By laying it down for the Texans, it helps them and may p**s off a bunch of other teams.  BB, with his mindset, is going to make the Texans EARN their win, not hand it to them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ofcourse that's what this is about!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

This is tuff, I would definetly play to win and you know Bill will. I agree with most of the names everybody has mentioned, my problem is these guys are pro's an you know damn well their going to be choppin at the bit to keep this going, they're going to say BS I have all winter an summer to rest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You don't sit anybody in this game, unless and until you've got a three touchdown lead in the second half.

That team thinks it has playoff potential.

What you do with a team like that is you go into its house and destroy its illusions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady didn't look hurt to me. I think the offense needs to play most of the game to stay sharp. I would definately rest Wilfork and anyone else who is dinged up.
    The Colts by losing now have an excuse to save their players from the cold and snowy conditions in Buffalo this week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I guess I'd give Stephen Neal the day off. He has struggled with injuries his whole career, but it seems like when he DOES come back, he immediately plays at a high level.

I think the running game could use some more fine tuning, but I'd like to see Welker and Moss taken out pretty quickly. This game also seems like another good time for Brace to get some work, so give big Vince and Warren the game off as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

I say man up and play anyone that is not at risk to worsen an existing injury. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If the Pats let the Texans win than couldn't they end up playing them in the Playoffs.  Seems like a bad Idea to give a team confidence that you may face again.