5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.

In response to "Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.": [QUOTE]The origin of  professional football  can be traced back to 1892, with  William "Pudge" Heffelfinger's  $500 contract to play in a game for the  Allegheny Athletic Association  against the  Pittsburgh Athletic Club . I know reading is a challenge... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] Apparently so, because pezz said the NFL hasn't quite reached 100, not that football as a sport hasn't quite reached 100.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I didn't say the NFL has been around for 100 years, I said football has been around for at least 100 years.

Pezz says whatever he has to to make his argument seem legitimate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"In the end the Patriots, the offensive system they employ and the very weight of 100+ years of football contradicts what they say, yet they still yell about it until they're blue in the face."

Don't let the facts get in the way... just breeze past them to make your point.  We're used to it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.:
    [QUOTE]"In the end the Patriots, the offensive system they employ and the very weight of 100+ years of football contradicts what they say, yet they still yell about it until they're blue in the face." Don't let the facts get in the way... just breeze past them to make your point.  We're used to it...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

How about you look up when the forward pass was added to the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday. : How about you look up when the forward pass was added to the game.
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

Any day now they will make running the ball against the rules.

Thanks for your 2 cents Sylvia, you've added a lot to this conversation. The cheerleading forum is next door...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.": [QUOTE]"In the end the Patriots, the offensive system they employ and the very weight of 100+ years of football contradicts what they say, yet they still yell about it until they're blue in the face." Don't let the facts get in the way... just breeze past them to make your point.  We're used to it... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] Ah, I see your mistake now. When pezz said the NFL,wasn't quite 100 years old, you should have responded by pointing out that you were talking about the age of football not the age of the NFL. Instead though you said he was "wrong" when in fact his statement about the age of the NFL was completely correct. You should have been clearer what you meant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.": Ah, I see your mistake now. When pezz said the NFL,wasn't quite 100 years old, you should have responded by pointing out that you were talking about the age of football not the age of the NFL. Instead though you said he was "wrong" when in fact his statement about the age of the NFL was completely correct. You should have been clearer what you meant.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Even if he was talking about the NFL he was still off by 40 years, if he said 50 years and the league started in 1920, then that makes the NFL how old?

But like most of your group thought, even when you're wrong you're not wrong. Brilliant work once again making yourself look foolish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"The NFL has evolved quite a bit in the past *50* years, missy.  
    Hasn't reached 100 quite yet.  Just another one of your obvious blunders."  
    -Pezz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You guys are killing me...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday. : Even if he was talking about the NFL he was still off by 40 years, if he said 50 years and the league started in 1920, then that makes the NFL how old? But like most of your group thought, even when you're wrong you're not wrong. Brilliant work once again making yourself look foolish. Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] He said the NFL has changed a lot over the past 50 years and that it's not quite 100 years old yet. Both of those statements are correct I believe and not mutually exclusive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Please, quit while you're ahead.

It takes three of you with a little help from Sylvia and you still come up with the wrong answers...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday.": He said the NFL has changed a lot over the past 50 years and that it's not quite 100 years old yet. Both of those statements are correct I believe and not mutually exclusive.

You guys are the champs of keeping it vague, that way you can swing it in any direction you like...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm done for the night, I have something much more interesting to do, I have to clean the belly button lint out.  

But you work really hard on a retort, take your time, kind of like how long it took the three amigos to respond to this thread in the first place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday. : Ummm . . . we've never argued that the offense doesn't need more diversity or balance. In fact, we've been calling for that all along.  The argument is whether the offense lacked diversity because the necessary talent was lacking (our side) or because the coaches were stupid (your side).   In fact, you summarized your argument nicely in another of your posts on another thread when you said: There are 12 year olds playing Madden that could call a better game than O'Brien.   Not much more to add to this one, give me Tom Brady calling the signals and I would statistically be one of the top offensive coordinators in the league, doesn't mean I would know what it takes to win a ring or even understand the philosophical premise behind the offensive system.    You think the coaches are stupid and you're capable of being one of the best offensive coordinators in the league (even if you don't understand the offensive philosophy)  You'll win this argument just as soon as you get paid by an NFL team for coordinating their offense . . . and win a few NFL games.  Until, that time, my money is on Belichick and, yes, even Bill O'Brien. They've actually done it.  

Wow, this turd wozzydoodoo must think a lot of BB. According to him BB promoted a guy to be his OC that can't call a game as well as a 12 year old playing Madden.

And then he tries to act like he's a big BB guy. What a dope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Questions from Kirwan and his camp visit on Sunday. : You guys are the champs of keeping it vague, that way you can swing it in any direction you like...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Speaking of swinging...  Was that change painful for ya?
    Actually we're all off by about 7000 yrs if you really want to be technical about it.
    Soccer, rugby, football has all evolved into the current NFl with a play-off system for about 50 yrs. 
    Now that we got the technicalities out of the way, my point was that Modern day football has changed dramatically, since that time.
    Much more emphasis was on running the ball , not so much now.  It's actually been changing since the 70's.  Really the 70's were an anomaly from what I understand.
    The problem with you missy, is that you don't listen.
    No one is suggesting it should be eliminated or that it's not important.
    It's in your fantasy world that you believe rushing is the end-all-be-all, when it's actually a minor, yet still significant part of the game.
    The 2 major components are O & D and also special teams which has also been altered significantly.  All those things clicking, make a successful team, not just one part of the defense or offense or ST.  There are many moving parts that require adjustments in every single game.
    Altering one component of an already effective Offense is not likely to make all the difference in the world.  They've made many changes to the offense this year and they will all help to make it better. (coaching, receivers, rb's. ect)

The major problem is more in the vast difference between the O and the D.
    One is top ranked and the other is at the bottom of the barrel.
    Until the D can get on par with the O, it does not help the game.  It only hinders it. 
    How often does a 31st ranked D go to the SB?  Once that I know of.
    How often do teams with less than stellar run games go to the SB.  How about last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that.
    O and D have to be good, not just one single component of either.
    You can get by with so-so safeties if you got a strong front 4 or 7.
    You can get by on O with a OK or even deficient run game.
    It's just extremely difficult if one whole side of the ball sucks.  That only makes for half a team.
      It's like they're always playing with a man in the penalty box.
    Hard to win when you're always playing defense.
    So, instead of making a mockery of the coaching staff, IMO, you should be grateful  that they even got the SB with that 31st ranked D as it's never happened before and it's not likely to ever happen again.