52 59 83 91

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: 52 59 83 91

In response to jri37's comment:

52 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson -  talib is on a 1 year deal and this kid is physical and seems to have some versatility in the return game.

59 - John Jenkins - Vince can not continue to play 80% of the snaps they need another body that can clog the middle.

83 - Aaron Dobson - This kid has all the inangibles and seems to have enough physical skills. As always the question becomes with any WR the Pat's draft is their ability to understand the offensive concepts.

91- David Quessenberry - Perfect fit for depth along the offensive line. He can play any position with the interior being his main focus.

Love your first three picks although I think Dobson is more of a project. Would love to take your top 3 then DJ Swearinger at S if available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What do you think of Terrance Williams, WR from Baylor?

Strengths

Tall vertical and red zone target who can go up and get the ball. Eats up space quickly against soft coverage. Shakes his man off the line and has enough speed to get a step down the sideline. Is a sideline threat with quick feet for his size and body control in the air, making his stop, fade, and comeback routes more effective. Tracks the ball and adjusts to it in the air, and shows the ability to stop and turn for the back-shoulder fade. Adjusts his route to make himself available to his scrambling quarterback, going deep or crossing into an opening. Willing, strong, and physical blocker on bubble screens and in the run game, throwing his body into defenders and sticking with blocks. His blocking was a big key to Baylor’s perimeter run game.

Weaknesses

Pure outside receiver. Does not run a variety routes in Baylor’s offense. Routes are not always completed if he is not primary target. Inconsistent making his man miss after the catch, has some short-area quickness but better tacklers wraps up his long legs quickly. Tracks the ball well, but lets it get into his body and isn’t a natural hands catcher.

NFL Comparison

Torrey Smith

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

52 - Keenan Allen -  probably the best 'Pats' receiver out there - might have to move up for this and move back a little elsewhere. (BIG Hands on this guy compared to the others - and that is a good trait outside in NE)

59 - Wreh-Wilson, or best available DB - Suspect Williams/Jenkins is gone by here and the pats have already added three new FAs on the DL. Expect them to grab a DT/DE but with one of the later picks

83 - Aaron Dobson/Harper/Weaton/Williams - Best WR available.

91- This is probably now a mid 4th rounder as a result of moving forward for Allen in second. A little far out to identify a specific player but both this pick and the #5 pick in the 4th used for best value DL and OL player available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like what I read about Quinton Patton also.

Strengths

Good size for the position, has the height and length to play outside at the next level. Very good acceleration off the line, gets to full speed in a couple of steps and can shimmy to free himself and stick his foot in the ground to get inside position on slants. Uses a head fake to get the seam and possesses enough straight-line speed to take advantage of hesitating cornerbacks in off coverage. Fluid, economic mover who does plays under control. Stems to separate with good foot quickness on comebacks and out routes, also extends his arm to create space on short and deep routes. Natural hands catcher - catches the ball with his hands away from his body, even when tracking passes over either shoulder. Wins jump balls in the end zone and over the middle with good vertical and great concentration. Acrobatic and excellent at adjusting to the ball in the air, especially to the back-shoulder on fades. Good sideline awareness to get two feet in-bounds while making the catch. Used on quick throws to take advantage of his shiftiness and surprisingly tough running, lowers his shoulder and is not easy for smaller cornerbacks to drag down after the catch. Sells routes where he knows he’s not the primary target to free up the underneath or cross-field receiver. Shows fight as a run blocker, willing to hit multiple punches to keep his man at bay and works himself into the correct blocking angle. Hustles downfield to help out fellow ballcarriers. Plays with a feisty attitude.

Weaknesses

Extends his hands from his frame, but doesn’t snatc h and secure the ball, making him struggle coming down with the ball when the defensive back contests him. As such, does not always find the ball downfield or come up with catchable passes when adjusting to it in the air. Inconsistent catching punts as a returner, makes some tough grabs running towards the sideline.

NFL Comparison

Reggie Wayne

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

52- Allen/Woods

59- Carridine

83- Swope/Rogers

91- Logan Ryan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

52- Allen/Woods

59- Carridine

83- Swope/Rogers

91- Logan Ryan

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So BB has essentially ( 5) Top 100 picks now at his disposal, though that number could increase to (6) if he's able to work out a deal for Mallet... with that being said, below are (25) kids that I'd like to see with these picks… though a few likely won’t be available:

WR:

Keenan Allen

Stedman Bailey

Robert Woods

Quinton Patton

Markus Wheaton

Ryan Swope

Chris Harper

CB:

Darius Slay

Johnthan Banks

Logan Ryan

Sanders Commings

Kayvon Webster

Dwayne Gratz

DT:

Jesse Williams

John Hankins

John Jenkins

S:

DJ Swearinger

Shamarko Thomas

Josh Evans

Keelan Johnson

LB:

Kiko Alonso

AJ Klein

DE:

Tank Carradine

OL:

Brian Schwenke

Barrett Jones

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

mb - just want to check if you are limiting the list by excluing players that will likely be gone in the first 19 picks today? Examples - Cyprien, S; Taylor, CB - or if there is something you do not like about them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

mb - just want to check if you are limiting the list by excluing players that will likely be gone in the first 19 picks today? Examples - Cyprien, S; Taylor, CB - or if there is something you do not like about them?

I have both Cyprien and Taylor as Rd 1/2 options on my board, would love to have either, I just don't see any way that either are available unless BB moves up.

Though I guess the same would apply for Jesse, IMO.... would hate to see him land in SF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Carradine would be good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Lets trade everything after the 3rd round to move up in the 2nd round with the other picks.  Now is when you make moves upward...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Rumor is Jags are looking to shop 33, but may be in the running for a QB....Potential Mallet landing spot? Would love pick 33 plus a 2nd next year. 

My Pats WR target list is short....All can be had in round 2, although we may have to move up for 1 or 2 of them....in no particular order...

Bailey

Patton

Woods

Allen

Of the 4, I really like Bailey & Patton. Those are my top 2 picks in round 2 at WR, and I think fit the Pats system to a T. 

On teh CB front, if we stay pat with our picks, it's going to be hard deciding if we should use the other 2 on a CB or DT/DE. Ideally, would like to see the Mallet deal for a 2 get done, or the Pats use one of their 3's to move back into round 2. 3 picks in round 2 is where I want to be, with 1 3rd left, and then our 7ths. 

I think MB has a very solid list of available talent left. If, for a second we assume a trade back into round 2 packaging some of our other picks, or a mallet trade, and end up with 3, 2nd rounders, my preference is;

WR > Bailey/Patton

CB > Taylor/Ryan 

DT > JWilliams/Hunt/Carradine (although this pick is a bit tricky for me because if the Pats have some type of handshake agreement with Abraham, I would rather use the pick on JWilliams than say Hunt or Carradine. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ,

you've been on the Bennett train for some time. You really like him? 

I could just as easily see the Pats bringing back Lloyd on a 1 year deal since he knows the system, and then using the 3rd on something else...Honestly, I think that may be the smarter move. Think about our WR situation....All news guys, all have to learn the system. If we draft a WR like we all want, then another newbie...seems logical to get Lloyd who knows the system, comes cheap, and doesn't require us to burn a pick....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

What do you think of Terrance Williams, WR from Baylor?

Strengths

Tall vertical and red zone target who can go up and get the ball. Eats up space quickly against soft coverage. Shakes his man off the line and has enough speed to get a step down the sideline. Is a sideline threat with quick feet for his size and body control in the air, making his stop, fade, and comeback routes more effective. Tracks the ball and adjusts to it in the air, and shows the ability to stop and turn for the back-shoulder fade. Adjusts his route to make himself available to his scrambling quarterback, going deep or crossing into an opening. Willing, strong, and physical blocker on bubble screens and in the run game, throwing his body into defenders and sticking with blocks. His blocking was a big key to Baylor’s perimeter run game.

Weaknesses

Pure outside receiver. Does not run a variety routes in Baylor’s offense. Routes are not always completed if he is not primary target. Inconsistent making his man miss after the catch, has some short-area quickness but better tacklers wraps up his long legs quickly. Tracks the ball well, but lets it get into his body and isn’t a natural hands catcher.

NFL Comparison

Torrey Smith

This guy sounds terrible! TFB, why did you think this guy would make a good pick? 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If the Jags are looking for a QB at 33, Mallett should be considered. 

Geno Smith doesn't get selected in Round 1, hangs his head and takes his legos home to play. Not attending day 2 of draft. Personally, I don't want a kid without fire. Smith is decent, but a prima donna. Mallet is a good pick at 33 for the Jags IF they are shopping for a QB. I honestly don't know what they think of Gabbert long term. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

If the Jags are looking for a QB at 33, Mallett should be considered. 

Geno Smith doesn't get selected in Round 1, hangs his head and takes his legos home to play. Not attending day 2 of draft. Personally, I don't want a kid without fire. Smith is decent, but a prima donna. Mallet is a good pick at 33 for the Jags IF they are shopping for a QB. I honestly don't know what they think of Gabbert long term. 

I'm more convinced than ever that Mallett is going nowhere.  I think that all of the talks yesterday of "Mallett trade" were just smoke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If they're there...

- Jesse Williams; DT from Alabama with pick 52 & 91 to get him before a DT needy team snatches him up. 

- Damontre Moore; DE from Texas A&M with 59 (Doubtful he'll be there)

- Markus Wheaton; WR from Oregon State with pick 83.

- David Ammerson; CB from NC State with the Vikings number 4. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

52- Allen/Woods

59- Carridine

83- Swope/Rogers

91- Logan Ryan

Take that in a heart best and I agree with Woozy, trade some later picks and move up to get the guys we need.  The future is NOW ant TB is not getting younger!