6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.

#1. Franchise Welker if you cant sign him to a cap friendly 3 year deal and not one more year then that at his age and wear and tear.
    #2. Sign FA Brandon Lloyd WR
    #3. Sign FA CB Brandon Carr if not franchised by Chiefs. Time to fix secondary. If he is franchised sign S Tyvon Branch Oakland.
    #4. Move up to get Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama (need to get infront of NY Jets likely to get him and they pick at 16, So package #27 and #48 and that gets you up to Dallas or Arizona at 13-14 who Patriots have connections with and can deal with with both teams looking for multiple picks.)
    #5. Use pick at 31 to get Lamar Miller RB Miami.
    #6. Use pick at 63 to get Billy Winn, DE, Boise St who should be there or just go after the top player on the board as you have shored up all the major areas of concern after the Loss in the Super Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.

I would throw R Marshall in as my CB choice.  C Campbell as a DE in there as well.  Same as stated with Welker.  Agree on Lloyd at the right price. Branch would be nice as well as a FA/S.  LLove Upshaw, but wouldnt trade 2 1sts to get him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

No Lloyd!...other than that, not bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lloyd just hired Condon as his agent. He might not be coming here anymore

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I like it for the most part but BB will not be drafting another running back in the first rounds. He spent two second rounders last year on running backs. With a full training camp, Vereen and Ridley should be good to go.

Vereen had hamstring problems that hampered him the whole year so he should be back to full strength and Ridley played outstanding excluding his fumbling woes at the end of the season. These two backs have the potential to be a nice duo for years to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

2) not a fan of Lloyd.
    3) love Upshaw, but not for #27 and #48
    5) why another RB at #31? do you plan on not signing Benny?

Why would Wes sign a cap friendly deal? Assuming this is his last chance to cash in, he wants his money upfront and guaranteed. Either pay the guy or franchise him, but he wont sign a back loaded deal and leave money on the table if he gets cut down the road 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Draft stud DT

Trade a 2nd rd pick for a stud RB

Draft another CB

Sign a FA safety.

Franchise WW

Sit Josh McD down and explain the importance of a running game to protect Brady and his 35 year old body.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

bobbysu, Rodney came here on the cheap because he was supposedly done with a groin injury.

Didnt Laron have the same injury?  Dont give up Hope.

He just needs a good system like N.E. and to get on a good workout regimen.

He is still young with plenty of hard hitting left in him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whatever the Patriots do I'll go with it as they do it with information and no guess work.  As long as their appears to be improvement in the team.  The X-factor:  past performance in the college game is not an indicator of pro success!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like your general train of thought. Not sure if pick 27 and 48 will get you pick 13, but I would not complain about it. I could also Upshaw being gone by then. I definitely like the idea.

A lot of people are going to complain about taking another RB after taking two last year, but I think Miller will be a much better NFL RB than Ridley or Vereen (of course I could easily be way off - that is probably why I am not working in the player personnel department for an NFL team).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

1. Franchise WW
    2.Go after Landry or branch or cheap corner (mcourty seemed to get his act together of late, dowling needs a shot and moore earned one)
    3. Sign Llyod pretty cheap incentive laden then draft 2nd 3rd round WR to compete with him for time
    2.Using the top 4 picks draft de/dt,rush lb and wr (dont be afraif to double dip at pass rusher) play with fire with a guy like whitney whose booms or bust then 2nd second rounder to get safer bet olb IN THIS NEW FLAG FOOTBALL STYLE LEAUGE PASS RUSH WINS.
    4.Smaller needs get a REAL 3rd te, stop stocking the roster with ST guys we have too many.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Key needs in order
    1 vertical threat
    2 pass rush
    3 free safetay
    4 offensive line

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

No WR at draft problem ,
    Not so high on carr
    rather have cortland finnegan.
    Lloyd wont be coming this way .
    No more first round picks on RB the position is stacked if they sign BJGE 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Re: 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]Whatever the Patriots do I'll go with it as they do it with information and no guess work.  As long as their appears to be improvement in the team.  The X-factor:  past performance in the college game is not an indicator of pro success!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The "X" factor?  I have to disagree....Past college performance is  an "INDICATOR"  of NFL performance but does not guarantee it! While measurables (size/speed/athleticism) generate optimism it's the on-field performance that separates the chaff from the wheat!

Or were you just having a bit of fun with your comment to irritate those who confuse potential with demonstrated past performance as NFL indicators?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

1) Re-sign WWelker for a 3 year deal.  Take care of him and make Brady happy. 

2) Add a YOUNG, Deep Threat like Vincent Jackson! (Enough of these OVER the HiLL WR's for Brady) - go get him a Big Time YOUNG WR!

3) Identify Pass Rusher(s) and bring them here. Whether it's a combination of FA's or in the Draft, just identify them, and get them here.  Need to get more playmakers on D.

4) (same as #3 above) Identify Safety(s)/Cover Corner(s) and bring them here. Whether it's a combination of FA's or in the Draft, just identify them, and get them here.  Need to get more playmakers on D.

5) Take a #2 and send it to Carolilna for RB J. Stewart!  (A everydown Back, who can catch out of the backfield too) PLUS, he will bring back the play action fake too.  A threat.

6) Please get a Special Teamer who can Take back KICKS!! again, a playmaker on Special Teams who can help out our Starting Field Position!! Please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

My thoughts concerning this post were simple really.

#1, Brady is on the back half of his career and has 3 more years where I am not concerned about his ability if they can provide the needed help. 

#2, they need to give Brady verticle help and it must be a solid route runner (Perfect fit Lloyd)

#3, they need to fix the defense... yeah it was ok as far as points given up (something like 9th overall I think) But in crucial points of certain games (against better QB's particularly) they couldn't get off the field. You know the new rules mean few young CB's will be super stars consistantly year one on.  And so the thrust of the defense must be pressure from the line and get solid vet CB's and safeties who will make the plays infrot of them and won't give up the big ones and steal a few along the way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think of Llyod as a deep threat or receiver hat will change this offense, he's a guy known as a diva and doesn't have true burner like speed or the production of good wide receivers. I know he has become the buzz word because of need and McDaniels, but I've seen this guy do interviews and I'm shocked at just how arrogant he is, for as little he has produced. It borders on delusional.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]#1. Franchise Welker if you cant sign him to a cap friendly 3 year deal and not one more year then that at his age and wear and tear. #2. Sign FA Brandon Lloyd WR #3. Sign FA CB Brandon Carr if not franchised by Chiefs. Time to fix secondary. If he is franchised sign S Tyvon Branch Oakland. #4. Move up to get Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama (need to get infront of NY Jets likely to get him and they pick at 16, So package #27 and #48 and that gets you up to Dallas or Arizona at 13-14 who Patriots have connections with and can deal with with both teams looking for multiple picks.) #5. Use pick at 31 to get Lamar Miller RB Miami. #6. Use pick at 63 to get Billy Winn, DE, Boise St who should be there or just go after the top player on the board as you have shored up all the major areas of concern after the Loss in the Super Bowl.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

How about Branch the DE / OLB from Clemson.  Watched him play several times this season and it was like a man going against boys.....then again I've watched him several more times and he was nonexistent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Here are mine (a few more than 6):
    Resign Connolly, Carter, Anderson and WW 
    Sign FA Adam Carriker DE
    Sign FA Ahmad Brooks OLB
    Sign FA WRs Meachem and Floyd
    Sign FA RB Jason Snelling (Benny leaves for more $$)
    Draft S Barron #27
    Draft OLB/ILB Hightower #31
    Draft DE/DT Reyes #48
    Draft TE Fleener #63
    Draft WR Marvin Jones 3rd rnd
    Draft Shaun Prater 4th rnd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: 6 No Brainer moves for Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]Here are mine (a few more than 6): Resign Connolly, Carter, Anderson and WW  Sign FA Adam Carriker DE Sign FA Ahmad Brooks OLB Sign FA WRs Meachem and Floyd Sign FA RB Jason Snelling (Benny leaves for more $$) Draft S Barron #27 Draft OLB/ILB Hightower #31 Draft DE/DT Reyes #48 Draft TE Fleener #63 Draft WR Marvin Jones 3rd rnd Draft Shaun Prater 4th rnd
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    I doubt Barron will last to 27 and that is way to high for Fleener not to mention if the patriots go for another TE it will be a roadgrater type, Fleener is a little light for that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I like kariker as a mike wright type role because he is probably done, was a first round talent a while ago  wouldnt suprise me if playing next to vw makes him look better.

I think benny stays hes incredbibly underwheming so its in his best interest to stay in this role where he dosent have to be super dynamic.
    wouldnt mind meecham is hes cheap...probs not

1A- merceluis whitney/vinnie curry/melvin ingramn(mayb not the best olb as a rookies but all we need them to rush)
    1b-interchangeable but but big wr Fuller/ruben randle(i like him)
    2a-interchangeable but 5 tech/dt -reyes from uconn/crick
    2b-cb/fs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Here's a no brainer move.  Stack up on D lineman via the draft or FA.  If NE doesn't do that this offseason Bianca Wilfork should sue the team because NE is going to kill her husband if he continues to play as many snaps as he did this year.  Plus a dominant D-line covers up a lot of other things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

That would be pretty sweet if they could do something close to that. They are in great position with the cap space to address some of their needs through free agency before the draft. Brady only has a few years left so hopefully they use their draft picks now. I'd like to see them draft for their d line and safety. 

A lot of it depends on who they can sign through free agency but they are in a good place to improve a team that just went 13-3..