6 Pro Bowlers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!

Thanks for the love....appreciate all the support....geeked up I got selected to my first ever pro bowl thanks to everyone who voted for me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

helllsssssssss yaaaa DMC.  Even though i think he should def be starting over revis but oh well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

To the Meriweather haters,

I say that if you expect perfection from a young person than the jokes on you.  

He makes many more positive plays than the one bonehead play from two games ago, he is consistently good and getting better.  Safeties learn over time how to position themselves to make plays, if he "sux" than he has an awful lot of INT's, game changing hits and 2 Pro Bowl nods to keep him warm at night.

My only argument as to why he maybe shouldn't have made it would be Chung, he has been our best tackling safety; if all things were equal they both would have gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Hey check it out, Maroney made the pro bowl:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How did Meriweather and Mankins make the team?

Meriweather was benched for 4 games and hasn't been very impressive this year and Mankins missed 6 games. -_-...

This is why no one takes the pro-bowl seriously...-_-

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers!:
    [QUOTE]How did Meriweather and Mankins make the team? Meriweather was benched for 4 games and hasn't been very impressive this year and Mankins missed 6 games. -_-... This is why no one takes the pro-bowl seriously...-_-
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

If all the GM's could take a guard from the AFC to start a team they would take Mankins, it's the fans who screw up the voting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

To all the Maroney lovers,

The Meriweather selection is a freakin joke and an insult to the position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How in the heck did Meriweather get the nod over Chung?

Seriously don't understand, Chung's been the better overall S and wasn't BENCHED for 4 games.

As for Mankins it's just my feeling but if you miss a 3rd of the season regardless of the reason you shouldn't be elected to the pro-bowl over someone who was there the entire year. Even if he's played like a pro-bowler since the day he came back. Still I'd offer him the same contact they offered him last ear and if he doesn't take it then let him walk.

I must say though that DMC, Mayo, Wilfork, and Brady are all well deserving and a huge congrats to each

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

[QUOTE]MikeReiss Mike Reiss  Great accomplishment for McCourty, the team's first-round pick. He joins Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis at CB.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Wow, all the talk is always "imagine how great we'd be if we had somebody like Nnamdi or Revis?"  Well, now we do, and we are. And the best thing is, those really are the 3 best CB's in the AFC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Do you watch the games? Meriweather is not improving. Improving would mean he doesn't tackle his teammates, does what is asked of him (he doesn't so he was benched), and makes more big plays. He hasn't done that this year. Chung is a much better and reliable player.

[QUOTE]To the Meriweather haters, I say that if you expect perfection from a young person than the jokes on you.   He makes many more positive plays than the one bonehead from play two games ago, he is consistently good and getting better.  Safeties learn over time how to position themselves to make plays, if he "sux" than he has an awful lot of INT's, game changing hits and 2 Pro Bowl nods to keep him warm at night. My only argument as to why he maybe shouldn't have made it would be Chung, he has been our best tackling safety; if all things were equal they both would have gone.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Great to see them get the recognition. Is this year's game before or after the Super Bowl?  If its before, hopefully none of them play!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

NUFF SAID

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]To all the Maroney lovers,   The Meriweather selection is a freakin joke and an insult to the position.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

You know more than all the GM's and coaches in the NFL combined, why aren't you making millions as a draft consultant?  Oh yeah, Starbucks wouldn't let you walk...

Usually the score at the half of a game this season against the Pats has been 28-3 or 31-3... maybe you should temper your expectations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : You know more than all the GM's and coaches in the NFL combined, why aren't you making millions as a draft consultant?  Oh yeah, Starbucks wouldn't let you walk... Usually the score at the half of a game this season against the Pats has been 28-3 or 31-3... maybe you should temper your expectations.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Wow, now your insulting hard working people in the Service Industry.  I hope that comment make you feel big. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

It doesn't make sense to have the pro-bowl a week before the super bowl.  Congrats to all the Pats who were elected but I'm hoping they will be otherwise engaged that weekend preparing for the big game.  I am assuming that the teams that will be playing in the super bowl do not send their guys to the pro-bowl.  Is that correct????  If so, they should move it back to the week after the super bowl.  Kind of stupid that they changed it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't make sense to have the pro-bowl a week before the super bowl.  Congrats to all the Pats who were elected but I'm hoping they will be otherwise engaged that weekend preparing for the big game.  I am assuming that the teams that will be playing in the super bowl do not send their guys to the pro-bowl.  Is that correct????  If so, they should move it back to the week after the super bowl.  Kind of stupid that they changed it.
    Posted by ksilvia723[/QUOTE]

It actually makes perfect sense in the NFL's eye. Lets face it unless you are 1 of the 2 teams in the SB those 2 weeks is a long time to wait. Also, once the SB is over no one seems to care until the combine and draft come around so why not move the pro-bowl to fill in that 2 week gap where fans of the other 30 teams are still interested in watching and would watch just to kill the time until the SB.

From the NFL's eyes this increases viewers and hence profit which is win win for all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to 6 Pro Bowlers!:
    [QUOTE]Love it!  Pumped McCourty made it!
    Posted by Payment84[/QUOTE]

Glad for McCourty, who really earned his spot. But, who cares about who gets picked for the Pro-bowl, unless you're an Indianapolis Colts' fan. Let the other teams win the fantasy football accolades. We Patriots' fans are only interested in winning another SB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]How did Meriweather and Mankins make the team? Meriweather was benched for 4 games and hasn't been very impressive this year and Mankins missed 6 games. -_-... This is why no one takes the pro-bowl seriously...-_-

Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Mankins missed the first 10 games. He's played in just five games so far. I'm a Mankins fan, but that's crazy. When you allow fans to vote, you get crazy results sometimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : Correction, Mankins missed the first 10 games. He's played in just five games so far. I'm a Mankins fan, but that's crazy. When you allow fans to vote, you get crazy results sometimes.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Actually he missed the first 7 games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/loganmankins/profile?id=MAN347391

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : Actually he missed the first 7 games. http://www.nfl.com/players/loganmankins/profile?id=MAN347391

Posted by laynard[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Meriweather wasn't benched. He didn't start the first two games.

The rest is very easy. 

1.) He is the best safety Ne has.
    2.) He is one of the better safeties in the NFL. 

3.) I gave up arguing the point, but anyone who doesn't recognize this has an axe to grind or simply doesn't know enough about football to weigh in with a credible evaluation. 

There has been just one TD deep to his portion. Saying Sanders has been better is laughable considering he was getting toasted deep once a game early this season. Meriweather has collected two game balls. Two. 

But then, the people saying this aren't really watching or being critical. FFS, Page blew a tackle and got burned deep last week and everyone was talking like he could replace Meri. LOL.

And the guy was selected by other players and coaches, that means a panel of safeties and coaches who recognize this -- not a bunch of dippy fans.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Maybe some people (me included) are being harsh on BM, but I think you're being too easy on him.

Okay, semantics wise he played the first two games but why didn't he start? Would they sit Brady? Would Brady need to have his starting job taken away because he was freelancing too much (as BM admitted in an interview after the Jets game). Would they sit Mayo?

in my opinion (I've been a Pats fan since I was born and I don't think the fact that I disagree with you doesn't make me a credible football fan...even Pats coaches disagree (see Patriot Reign) so I think your statement isn't  credible itself) he hasn't improved and hasn't developed into the type of safety that his talent warrants. The very fact that he splits time with a guy you analyzed as not being very good after being a surefire starter last year speaks volumes as to what BB think of him now. No way they'd sit Mayo or McC for 1/3 of the game. Why do they do it with BM? He should be a guy that never leaves the field, and he isn't. 

Lastly, your point is correct in that he doesn't give up a lot of deep balls. That being said, he does make so AWFUL plays. The first play of last years playoff doesn't happen with a very good safety (that angle he took was just silly). The play against the Packers was not that unexpected for BM as many in the stadium already knew who the culprit was before the replay. 

He's a good player, but I don't see how any pro-bowler could split time, make many memorable bone-headed plays, or just not improve in general. I think the vote was off of reputation (see R Seymour during a couple of his off years), not because of BM's play.

[QUOTE]Meriweather wasn't benched. He didn't start the first two games. The rest is very easy.  1.) He is the best safety Ne has. 2.) He is one of the better safeties in the NFL.  3.) I gave up arguing the point, but anyone who doesn't recognize this has an axe to grind or simply doesn't know enough about football to weigh in with a credible evaluation.  There has been just one TD deep to his portion. Saying Sanders has been better is laughable considering he was getting toasted deep once a game early this season. Meriweather has collected two game balls. Two.  But then, the people saying this aren't really watching or being critical. FFS, Page blew a tackle and got burned deep last week and everyone was talking like he could replace Meri. LOL. And the guy was selected by other players and coaches, that means a panel of safeties and coaches who recognize this -- not a bunch of dippy fans.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : Wow, now your insulting hard working people in the Service Industry.  I hope that comment make you feel big. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

lol

Apparently saying someone "sux" at making coffee isn't the same as saying they "sux" at football?  Talk about semantics...   

I'd feel much bigger if I'd been voted to the Pro Bowl, then I probably wouldn't need your validation to feel good about myself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : lol Apparently saying someone "sux" at making coffeeisn't the same as saying they "sux" at football?  Talk about semantics...    I'd feel much bigger if I'd been voted to the Pro Bowl, then I probably wouldn't need your validation to feel good about myself.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

"You know more than all the GM's and coaches in the NFL combined, why aren't you making millions as a draft consultant?  Oh yeah, Starbucks wouldn't let you walk..." wozzy

If Starbucks wouldn't let me walk Wozzy then how could I sux at making Coffee?
    Delusional and funny.  Try keeping better track of the insults your tyring to spread, then cover for, in the future.  Keep up the good work Wozzy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Yeah Wozzy, attacking someone personally doesn't really improve your point. It's possible two people actually disagree.

BB started out as a ballboy, so maybe he's up to your mental aptitude either. I know you must be CEO of a fortune 500 company, but if that gets tiring maybe you could get a job running the pats. You could base all your signings on consensus, fan voting, and what other people think. You might miss on a special teamer like McCourty once or twice (what a dumb pick that was! I mean?!?) but you'd have a roster of at least a few pro-bowlers.

Pardon the sarcasm, but I don't really think the GM's or players put a lot of thought into their ballots. I think the eye test of you, me, TCal, and any other big Pats fan are probably more valuable than what they think and I think it's clear that Chung is better (he's certainly asked to do more and has produced more big plays) and BM is at the very least inconsistent. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Pro Bowlers! : "You know more than all the GM's and coaches in the NFL combined, why aren't you making millions as a draft consultant?   Oh yeah, Starbucks wouldn't let you walk. .." wozzy If Starbucks wouldn't let me walk Wozzy then how could I sux at making Coffee? Delusional and funny.  Try keeping better track of the insults your tyring to spread, then cover for, in the future.  Keep up the good work Wozzy
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]