95 days until the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

95 days until the draft

From Peter King:

New England has the most picks in the top two rounds -- four. I haven't gotten the exact spots confirmed yet, but I believe they'll be picking 22nd, 44th, 47th and 53rd overall. As one club president said to me Monday: "The Patriots are in the perfect spot to get some new pieces because it's going to be a pretty deep draft and they don't have the cost of one of the top six, eight picks.''

good we have a lot of holes to fill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Re: 95 days until the draft

hope we don't trade the picks away

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"hope we don't trade the picks away"

How do you think we got so many great picks to begin with?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Remember, The picks are only as good as who you pick. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

March 5th is important date for this team as well, free agency begins on that day. The Pats need to hit some homeruns in free agency along with having a great draft to fill all the holes on this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Totally agree Harley. I would go as far to say free agents are more important to the success of the 2010 season then a good draft. We have a good core of young talent already. We need guys who can have impact this year. A pass rusher or 2(OLB or converted DE) a strong wr and another strong o-linemen in free agency is a big need. I don't see us signing Bodden he was smart to sign a 1 year deal only and should get a good contract elsewhere. So another vet cb is probably a need as well.

Unfortunately our biggest need is stronger coaching staff and we let Weis and Crennel go to Pioli. I just don't understand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I hope that the Pats trade all four top picks away.  Good things always have happened when BB makes those trades.

The four picks have a reasonable distance between each other, except #44 and #47 are a bit close.  This matters for the Patriots war room, because 31 other war rooms are going to get itchy palms at certain precise positions in the draft.  If the Pats happen to hold something near to that precise draft choice, the other guy will take a leap and the Patriots will get either a 2011 late first rounder or two third rounders.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ok easy MAX, lets not get carried away. And to anyone who wants to keep trading away our picks, when exactly can we get some studs in here. The draft and F/A havnt been home runs for BB, and this team is in real need of some playmakers. And sometimes trading up to get one is just what you need. Name me the core group of guys for the jets, you want get to far before mentioning Revis, Harris and Sanchez, all were guys they traded up for. Sometimes their are guys that are worth it. We have major needs everywhere, OL, DL, ILB/OLB, S, CB, WR, really isnt one spot that cant get upgraded. I love Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, both FS, both ballhawks, can and will tackle, and both have crazy potential. I really dont think Berry is THAT MUCH better, if Berry is a 10, Thomas cant be lower than a 8-9. Haden is a stud, if he falls out of the top ten, say 12-15, Id bite on him. McClain could be a all pro ilb for the next years. On the o-line I like Cambell and Williams, but think Mike Johnson could be a great guard and could be had in the second round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Actually, the hot season started last week with the Patriots offering contracts to 6 of their practice squad players.  Expect about 3 wheeling-around deals per month for the next 3 months, then an average of 5 (sometimes as many as 10) deals on draft weekend because BB is holding/playing a big pile of cards this April.

The Jets are in that final 8 group and will have trouble dealing for free agents.  However, they won't trade with the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Paul_K

Actually the Jets are in the top four so they will have further restrictions on them than just being in the top eight.