98.5 The Sports Hub

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

98.5 The Sports Hub

Was anyone listening to 98.5 the sports hub this morning?  Oh my god, so annoying, Toucher and Rich - they dont even talk about sports - I was trying to find out who won the yanks/phills game last night and couldnt.  Also, when Tanguay (sp?) and Zolak came on, all they did was argue with each other!  I mean, who wants to hear people fighting w/ each other on the radio - its ANNOYING!  They are all fighting with each other - they all need a 98.5 sports HUG!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: 98.5 The Sports Hub

Toucher and Rich are not sports guys. Its not their fault they dont talk about it. It was a bad idea to put them on that station. That being said the other 2 nitwits on WEEI dont talk sports in the morning either. All they do is complain about anything President Obama does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Toucher and Rich are better than the Right wing brainwashing show on EEI.  At least T&R bring some levity and don't use their show to grandstand politically.  I have not listened to the Limbaugh disciples since 98.5 changed its format.  D&C has to be the most depressing show there is.  They are negative and when they do talk sports the dialogue is always laced with Callahan's political agenda.  Word of advice to EEI, separate the D&C act and re-format because those guys do better when there are other co-hosts. 

Tanguay and Zolak are ok.  I like Mazz and Felger too and routinely listen to them if the Big Show has guys like Smerlas on. 

It's nice to have options, and I find myself ignoring EEI more and more these days.  EEI needs to get guys like Bruschi to replace Smerlas.       

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

that is why your car radio comes with 2 buttons...on/off and turn the dial to another station

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Well said, I completely hate WEEI - there were WAY too many commercials and D&C really sucked.  I do like Tanguay and Zolak, and Felger and Mazz, but their bantering this morning was just driving me crazy.  I used to listen to Toucher and Rich all the time when I got up that early - and when they were WBCN - I still like them - I was just complaining about the T & Z banter this morning... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

In Response to Re: 98.5 The Sports Hub:
    [QUOTE]Toucher and Rich are better than the Right wing brainwashing show on EEI.  At least T&R bring some levity and don't use their show to grandstand politically.  I have not listened to the Limbaugh disciples since 98.5 changed its format.  D&C has to be the most depressing show there is.  They are negative and when they do talk sports the dialogue is always laced with Callahan's political agenda.  Word of advice to EEI, separate the D&C act and re-format because those guys do better when there are other co-hosts.  Tanguay and Zolak are ok.  I like Mazz and Felger too and routinely listen to them if the Big Show has guys like Smerlas on.  It's nice to have options, and I find myself ignoring EEI more and more these days.  EEI needs to get guys like Bruschi to replace Smerlas.          
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. I find myself listening to Felger and Mazz even though I absolutly hate Felger. I will say at least Felger forms his own opinion not just the popular one. I can not stand the big show and those fat retards yelling over one another for 4 hours. I to find myself ignoring EEI more and more as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Felger and Mazz are bums, they are the worst kind of sports hosts they just say things for the shock value. Tangway and Zolack however is good radio and i love listening in to that part of the day. As for Toucher and Rich they have never claimed to be a sports show, they are on the station because when they stupidly dissbanded the rock of Boston WBCN they were still under contract and still brought in huge ratings so they were kept by the sports hub even though they do not have a sports show. So with that said if you want sports in the early morning dont tune in to toucher and rich. It is that simple. But you are missing out cause they are funny as h ell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Felger is a self-professed D bag, and I agree with him.  But I also like that he doesn't really care what people think about him or his opinion, and he calls it as he sees it.  Mazz is not bad either, I generally find him to be ok. 

Toucher and Rich are funny, and they touch on sports enough to keep me interested.  Listening to D&C can be like going to a funeral, there is always a black cloud to be found somewhere for them. 

I think we all agree it's nice to have some variety and options.  WEEI was getting to be unbearable. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I never listened to WEEI cause AM radio was all done when i was born and it is still al done 25 years later so i never tuned into that station. Its nice having some sports radio on the FM dial. However I dissagree completely about Felger and Mazz. Maybe you are right about Mazz as he is an ok guy but Felger is more then a D bag he is bad for radio. He does not "call them as he see's them" as you say no way, what he does is he stirs the pot enough to make sure people keep calling into his radio show. He says things for shock value and thats it. He is just there to stir the pot and that is it. He is a POS wind bag with not real thoughts on anything. We could go undefeated for teh rest of the year and win the super bowl and Felger would still say the Pats s uck or some crap like that cause he is just trying to p iss people off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cokely. Show cokely's posts

If I want to listen to D&C I'll put on Fox News (yuck).  Sports hub is heads and shoulders above EEI as far as commentary and their NINETY SECOND commercial slots go.  Felger is a riot when Mazz is angry at him and no one on radio handles callers better than those two.  EEI drives me nuts when all the meatheads at 4 o'clock are screaming at once because a caller has a different opinion.  It reminds me of a bad rap concert.  EEI is also too in bed with Red Sox, don't you DARE criticize them when calling in!

Toucher and Rich are a great change of pace for the person (like me) who constantly listens to Sports Talk Radio.

Haven't changed the dial back to EEI since the Hub debuted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

The Quiet Riot-esque 5 second jingle has to f-in' go and go now.  Mazz sounds like he's got a constant layer of phlegm in his throat.  Both Felger (as evident in his "Schilling was over-doing the sock" thing) and Mazz are morons.  Tang and Zo are the only bareable radio on there.  Period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to 98.5 The Sports Hub:
    [QUOTE]Was anyone listening to 98.5 the sports hub this morning?  Oh my god, so annoying, Toucher and Rich - they dont even talk about sports - I was trying to find out who won the yanks/phills game last night and couldnt.  Also, when Tanguay (sp?) and Zolak came on, all they did was argue with each other!  I mean, who wants to hear people fighting w/ each other on the radio - its ANNOYING!  They are all fighting with each other - they all need a 98.5 sports HUG!
    Posted by Plastics017[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. Toucher and Rich got about 10 minutes of my radio time the first day they were on. It's a horrible show and they will be axed within a year.I tune into Tanguay and Zolak. They are entertaining and informative and take more calls than any of the WEEI shows. Felger and Mazz..What a joke. Felger is a contrarian who just sees which way the fans are going and does the opposite. Two angry screamers who I can't stomach and the very reason I quit listening to WEEI a couple of years ago. Felger's always talking about smoking weed but I think his source must of dried up because he's an angry idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I do have to agree - the "ninety-eight fivvvvve, the sports huuuub" jingle with the high voice drives me nuts!  It sounds like Mazz just sucked down a helium balloon and made his already high voice even higher!  Also, I have to agree with the EEI comments - I havent changed back either - anyway, AM radio s*cks and is all static - at least the FM channel doesnt have static... I'd listen to 98.5 over EEI anyday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

Best Sports Talk Show on the Radio is Michael and Holly on WEEI. No gimmicks, no being controversial just to be different, and no yelling over each other. Straight up talking sports, and thats all I want

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cokely. Show cokely's posts

In Response to Re: 98.5 The Sports Hub:
    [QUOTE]Best Sports Talk Show on the Radio is Michael and Holly on WEEI. No gimmicks, no being controversial just to be different, and no yelling over each other. Straight up talking sports, and thats all I want
    Posted by ieatrabbitsforlent[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny considering it's Dale and Holly.  You must be a huge fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I hate D&C. Why they discuss politics in sports radio show is beyond me! Occassionally listen to Dale & Holly. They are good, not a big fan. Tanguay & zolak show is good. I like Felger and Mazz better than big show. It has become a circus since last year and half. I flip between these two radio shows though! Just my two cents!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

The best thing about The Sports Hub is that they forced WEEI to reduce the length of some of their very long commercial breaks.  I generally swap back and forth.  I don't listen to T&R in the morning because I'm looking for sports talk and not disc jockey bantering.  D&C are okay but not great.  The two best shows conflict at mid-day with D&H on WEEI and T&Z on 98.5.  Holley is by far the best talent on all of the shows.  I'm not a big F&M fan on 98.5 but I will listen if they are talking football and not being obnoxious (which is fairly often).  The Big O show is good when they have Steve and Fred on because it generally drives the discussions to football.  Big O use to be good because he would have conversations with callers; now he seems to just like to talk over them.  Pete seems to believe that being loud and challenging callers to a brawl in the alley enhances his arguments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's certainly good to have an alternative to WEEI, especially in the morning when you want to hear about sports, not Dennis and Callahan's stupid political or pop culture opinions . . .

Dale and Holly is still the best sports talk show on the radio, but unfortunately, I have to work during the day . . .

Felger is increasingly annoying. He's better in print than on the radio. 

I think 98.5 has a way to go before it really competes against WEEI for quality in most shows, but I'm routing for it because WEEI has gotten weaker I think (except for Dale and Holly) and some competition should force both stations to get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

It's all about having an alternative to the C R @ P EEI has been shoving down our throats for years.  For example, this morning Chelmford's own Gerry Callahan was complaining about Menino winning the election for more than an hour -- I clicked back a few imes to see if he was done spouting off.  Every time I checked back, he was still going on about Chuck Tuner, Menino, etc.  Callahan, born in the suburbs and still lives there--but he's the first guy to rip the Mayor of Boston, who ain't even his mayor?  I think he knows that his audience is mostly white suburban and middle class, so I guess he's gotta say what he's gotta say to keep it real for the suburbanites.     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

EEI is cr@p and does not have anything worth listening to. The sports hub as Tangway and Zolack and DA is good at night but Felger is a shock jock and Mazz is a wimp.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I do enjoy DA at night too. I think he is rather good. I really wish Holly would go over to 98.5.