a bit off-topic: what should happen to the marathon bomber's body?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: a bit off-topic: what should happen to the marathon bomber's body?

In response to pats36-38-39's comment:

To the guy that said he hopes its Virginia newest portapotty I happen to live in Caroline County where his body has been buried, this county is full of hard working farmers and god fearing americans and we are pissed to the highest level about his body being in are county more so are state of Virginia where so many wars and battles have been fought to make this country what it is, I live in a county where soldiers have died fighting for what makes this great country what it is and it is a shame for a person who committed an act of terrorism on this great country to be buried here. 

Get over it. Want some cheese with that...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Virginia woman who coordinated Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s burial says protests showed ‘America at its worst’

By Wesley Lowery, Globe Staff

The secret transport of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body from Worcester to a small community near Richmond, Va., was set in motion by a woman who said she was upset to hear about protests to his burial and wanted to see an end to the weeklong burial saga.

Martha Mullen, 48, of Richmond, said she was dismayed reports of protests outside of Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors in Worcester that she heard on National Public Radio.

“It portrayed America at its worst,” she said in an interview with the Globe this morning. “The fact that people were picketing this poor man who was just trying to help [funeral director Peter Stefan] really upset me.”

Mullen, a licensed professional counselor who has lived in Richmond for most of her life, said she was sitting in a Starbucks Tuesday when it hit her: She could be the one to end the controversy.

“Jesus says [to] love our enemies,” said Mullen, who holds a degree from United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. “So I was sitting in Starbucks and thought, maybe I’m the one person who needs to do something.”

After searching the Web for proper Muslim burial traditions and requirements, she turned her search to any local organizations or cemeteries that might be able to facilitate the burial.

Mullen said she then e-mailed Islamic Funeral Services of Virginia, which responded within an hour that it could provide a plot for Tsarnaev at the Al-Barzakh Cemetery, in Doswell, Va.

From there, Mullen reached out to the Worcester police — who had been providing around-the-clock protection for Stefan, whose funeral home had held Tsarnaev’s body for the past week.

Throughout Tuesday night and most of the day Wednesday, Stefan, Worcester police, and the Islamic Funeral Services crafted a plan to get the body to Virginia.

Tsarnaev’s body was removed from the home Thursday night without any public notice. Only after it was buried did Worcester police publicly announce both the removal of the remains and their entombment somewhere outside of Worcester.

Tsarnaev, 26, died April 19 after a shootout with police in Watertown, four days after prosecutors say he and his brother, Dzhokhar, ­allegedly detonated two bombs that killed three people and ­injured more than 260 near the Marathon finish line.

Dzhokhar, 19, allegedly drove over his brother as he fled the scene, but was captured about 18 hours later. He faces federal charges that could bring the death penalty.

Since last Friday when Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s remains arrived at the funeral home, the cities of Cambridge and Boston and cemeteries in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey refused to accept Tsarnaev’s remains.

“What Tsarnaev did is between him and God. We strongly disagree with his violent actions, but that does not release us from our obligation to return his body to the earth,” an Islamic Funeral Services of Virgina official, who did not want to be named, said in a statement.

Other than that statement, officials at Islamic Funeral Services and the cemetery referred all questions on the burial to Mullen, who spoke exclusively with the Globe.

“It was the right thing to do,” Mullen said. “I just hope that now the funeral home and the families involved can start to return to their normal lives.”

Just because we are the greatest nation in the world doesn't mean we have to cater to everyone.  This was an attack on American soil by one person who wasn't American.  He should have been fed-ex'd to Russia where he was from and they could have done what they wanted with him.  He doesn't deserve to be burried in the USA! 

USA!  USA!  USA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Virginia woman who coordinated Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s burial says protests showed ‘America at its worst’

By Wesley Lowery, Globe Staff

The secret transport of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body from Worcester to a small community near Richmond, Va., was set in motion by a woman who said she was upset to hear about protests to his burial and wanted to see an end to the weeklong burial saga.

Martha Mullen, 48, of Richmond, said she was dismayed reports of protests outside of Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors in Worcester that she heard on National Public Radio.

“It portrayed America at its worst,” she said in an interview with the Globe this morning. “The fact that people were picketing this poor man who was just trying to help [funeral director Peter Stefan] really upset me.”

Mullen, a licensed professional counselor who has lived in Richmond for most of her life, said she was sitting in a Starbucks Tuesday when it hit her: She could be the one to end the controversy.

“Jesus says [to] love our enemies,” said Mullen, who holds a degree from United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. “So I was sitting in Starbucks and thought, maybe I’m the one person who needs to do something.”

After searching the Web for proper Muslim burial traditions and requirements, she turned her search to any local organizations or cemeteries that might be able to facilitate the burial.

Mullen said she then e-mailed Islamic Funeral Services of Virginia, which responded within an hour that it could provide a plot for Tsarnaev at the Al-Barzakh Cemetery, in Doswell, Va.

From there, Mullen reached out to the Worcester police — who had been providing around-the-clock protection for Stefan, whose funeral home had held Tsarnaev’s body for the past week.

Throughout Tuesday night and most of the day Wednesday, Stefan, Worcester police, and the Islamic Funeral Services crafted a plan to get the body to Virginia.

Tsarnaev’s body was removed from the home Thursday night without any public notice. Only after it was buried did Worcester police publicly announce both the removal of the remains and their entombment somewhere outside of Worcester.

Tsarnaev, 26, died April 19 after a shootout with police in Watertown, four days after prosecutors say he and his brother, Dzhokhar, ­allegedly detonated two bombs that killed three people and ­injured more than 260 near the Marathon finish line.

Dzhokhar, 19, allegedly drove over his brother as he fled the scene, but was captured about 18 hours later. He faces federal charges that could bring the death penalty.

Since last Friday when Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s remains arrived at the funeral home, the cities of Cambridge and Boston and cemeteries in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey refused to accept Tsarnaev’s remains.

“What Tsarnaev did is between him and God. We strongly disagree with his violent actions, but that does not release us from our obligation to return his body to the earth,” an Islamic Funeral Services of Virgina official, who did not want to be named, said in a statement.

Other than that statement, officials at Islamic Funeral Services and the cemetery referred all questions on the burial to Mullen, who spoke exclusively with the Globe.

“It was the right thing to do,” Mullen said. “I just hope that now the funeral home and the families involved can start to return to their normal lives.”

Just because we are the greatest nation in the world doesn't mean we have to cater to everyone.  This was an attack on American soil by one person who wasn't American.  He should have been fed-ex'd to Russia where he was from and they could have done what they wanted with him.  He doesn't deserve to be burried in the USA! 

USA!  USA!  USA!

I would recommend opening your mind, or perhaps participating in the act of critical thinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't remember the same outrage when they spread Timothy McVeigh's ashes or when they buried Jeffery Dahmer or a whole bunch of other heinous murderers.  What's up with Americans nowadays? Please, descrating the bodies of the enemy (no matter how despised) is for barbarians.  I thought we were above that.  Apparently not.  Sad.  Truly sad.

Have Americans really become so regressed, so childish . . . so insecure?  These are the actions of weaklings, not the strong and the brave. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't remember the same outrage when they spread Timothy McVeigh's ashes or when they buried Jeffery Dahmer or a whole bunch of other heinous murderers.  What's up with Americans nowadays? Please, descrating the bodies of the enemy (no matter how despised) is for barbarians.  I thought we were above that.  Apparently not.  Sad.  Truly sad.

Have Americans really become so regressed, so childish . . . so insecure?  These are the actions of weaklings, not the strong and the brave. 

Come on you crying hearts.... Tell me what part of this makes sense?  A person who isn't an American citizen commits a terrorist attack on USA soil, killing Americans and we bury him here?  Heck, his own country didn't even want him.  Please give me one good reason why he deserves to be buried in the greatest nation in the world?  Because we are the greatest nation in the world?  That doesn't fly.  He isn't deserving!  He lost that privilege when this non US citizen committed his terrorist attack here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They were American citizens. NO?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

btw, I stopped reading at... "Virginia woman who coordinated Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s burial says protests showed ‘America at its worst’"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

They don't want him either.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/05/12/muslims-furious-over-secret-burial-want-tsarnaev-removed-from-cemetery-68674

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Come on you crying hearts.... Tell me what part of this makes sense?  A person who isn't an American citizen commits a terrorist attack on USA soil, killing Americans and we bury him here?  Heck, his own country didn't even want him.  Please give me one good reason why he deserves to be buried in the greatest nation in the world?  Because we are the greatest nation in the world?  That doesn't fly.  He isn't deserving!  He lost that privilege when this non US citizen committed his terrorist attack here.

The founding fathers disagree with your opinion.

I recommend you go join an underground, guerilla-gang if your words truly reflect your feelings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

btw, I stopped reading at... "Virginia woman who coordinated Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s burial says protests showed ‘America at its worst’"

That's not terribly surprising. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

That's not terribly surprising. 

Well it shouldn't be because this type of thread doesn't belong here.  Go take your political views to the political forum. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Why is this even a topic?

15. This post has been removed.