A boy (MAN) named Suh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

A boy (MAN) named Suh

I know it won't happen but now that VW is tagged is there any possibility or way the Pats pull a trade with St. Louis to acquire Suh. Our #22 and next years Oakland #1....?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaBostonFan. Show VirginiaBostonFan's posts

Re: A boy (MAN) named Suh

Harley-

I would not overpay like that. I would just give them Oaklands first rounder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: A boy (MAN) named Suh:
    Harley- I would not overpay like that. I would just give them Oaklands first rounder.
    Posted by VirginiaBostonFan

Not that any of this is realistic, but why would St. Louis take a pick that might be 32nd next year in exchange for this year's top pick?  That makes no sense whatsoever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaBostonFan. Show VirginiaBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: A boy (MAN) named Suh : Not that any of this is realistic, but why would St. Louis take a pick that might be 32nd next year in exchange for this year's top pick?  That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Posted by Muzwell

very true but i highly doubt oakland is going to be below 5th pick overall next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to A boy (MAN) named Suh:
    I know it won't happen but now that VW is tagged is there any possibility or way the Pats pull a trade with St. Louis to acquire Suh. Our #22 and next years Oakland #1....?
    Posted by harleyroadking103

I wish! If you're going to take a chance on a player Suh is the guy to take it on. As a husker fan I've been banging the drum for him for the last 2 years. The tough part to gauge is what his actual value to the Rams is.Like maybe the Rams would want more picks to fill more positions so they might want that #1 next year and a couple of our 2's this year. Just speculating but who knows? Like you said it's highly unlikely but good offseason stuff to talk about. We do have tons of ammo going into this draft and I would be shocked if we didn't trade at least a couple of our picks away like we always do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: A boy (MAN) named Suh : very true but i highly doubt oakland is going to be below 5th pick overall next year.
    Posted by VirginiaBostonFan

Yes, and I'm sure Ram fans would be thrilled come draft day that their team traded the #1 pick and passed on a dominating defensive lineman for a pick that VirginiaBostonFan expects to be in the top 5 in 2011, when by the way, the NFL will probably be shut down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Didn't the rams just draft Chris Long a few years ago at a high #1..what happened to him ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to A boy (MAN) named Suh:
    Posted by harleyroadking103

How about trade VW and a second rounder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Spanoula, or however you spell it, is a defensive guy.  Why would he not pick Suh. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I don't know, I think the Rams might be in a dealing mood. Their fans base is shrinking and they need to put people the seats and rumors are flying that they could go to L.A. so maybe they want more picks to build a better team, that or I know nothing.....probably the latter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Would Suh's size make him a DE in 3-4 ? And if Fork is gone who gets the double teams at the nose to free up Warren and Suh ? I ask because I keep hearing Suh is ideally a 4-3 DT.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Stop it, just stop it.
    If this was next years draft and a rookie scale in place, I could see this being a point of discussion, but we're talking this year without a rookie pay scale and the likely #1 pick. What did last years #1 pick receive? Not the Patriot's way. Retire this topic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Didn't the rams just draft Chris Long a few years ago at a high #1..what happened to him ?

They did and he has been okay, not great.  To me that is all the more reason to think the Rams will jump all over Suh.  Spagnuolo is no dummy when it comes to defense and a pair of strong pass rushing DE's is a pretty good way to build a defense.  

The only way I see the Rams trading him is if it somehow lands them the QB they covet, b/c they have been sold and do need to worry about drawing fans and QB's are better draws than DE's. They are coming off a 1-15 season, next years OAK pick..... get real.