A Bye Week Sunday games string....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A Bye Week Sunday games string....

When the Pats are away... the fans play "elsewhere"?  Some observations from today's games so far...

Giants getting hammered!!  (((-;

Jets losing....   (((-;

Colts losing....  (((-;

Broncos losing....  (((-;

Here in B'more, getting to see the Ravens - Broncos game..  Ravens D is up to the challenge.. giving the Broncos all sorts of headaches.  Ravens benefited by an opening 2nd half KO runback for a TD.  Looks like the Broncos are on their way to loss #1.  Can the 49'ers hold on?  Imagine, two unbeatens fall in the same afternoon.  Either way, both are not looking their best.  Colts looking past the 49ers?  Giants, toast!  They have definitely been feasting of poor competition and it is showing.  Jets & Miami, let them beat each other up. a Phins win gives the Pats a two game lead with a game in hand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Re: A Bye Week Sunday games string....

Colts took an 18-14 lead and have the ball with about 9 minutes left in the game, that's too bad.

Jets have a chance to come back as well, they're down 5 with the ball and ~6 minutes left on the clock.  I'd love to see the Jets lose, but this one has been a shootout (I've been flipping between the Jets/Dolphins game and the Eagles/Giants game).  Those other 2 games are essentially over though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yep, saw the Colts take the lead back.  But, is there a chink in the armour having such troubles at home against the 49ers?  As for Denver.... bad games can happen and the Ravens are on fire.  I am certain they (Denver) aren't happy losing a game, but, are happy they don't have to deal with the press about still being undefeated.

Now, if we use algebra....   Ravens beat Denver, Denver Beats Pats, Pats beat Ravens, Pats better than BOTH??  That's a good one!!  (-;

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Denver beat Pats in OT, so they should be basically equal right?

But seriously, from what little I saw of the Colts game (just in-game updates) it looked like the Colts only problem was giving up a big 63 yard run to Gore and the 49'ers were a 3-3 team coming into today.  Still, it does make you wonder if the Colts aren't as good as they seem.

And Denver had no business being undefeated at this point anyway, they should have lost week 1 so at the very least we win by not having to listen to the media talk about it anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Great night! A Vikings loss will be the cherry on top!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well....  not a bad night for folks who do not care for the NY teams, both losing today.  Are the Giants reeling or what?  The Jets... well...38 - 0 against Oakland didn't prove much only to come home and lose to the Phins.  Oakland gave a tougher game to the Chargers in SD than they did the Jets.  I know there will be some Jets fans saying the Phins won all because of the 2 KO runbacks and fumble return for TDs.  The Broncos ran into a buzz saw called the Raven's D, who came back to life today, and they lost their second half mojo, one of the biggest reasons they got to 6 - 0.  Shall we see the Saints fall tonite?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: A Bye Week Sunday games string....:
    [QUOTE]Yep, saw the Colts take the lead back.  But, is there a chink in the armour having such troubles at home against the 49ers?  As for Denver.... bad games can happen and the Ravens are on fire.  I am certain they (Denver) aren't happy losing a game, but, are happy they don't have to deal with the press about still being undefeated. Now, if we use algebra....   Ravens beat Denver, Denver Beats Pats, Pats beat Ravens, Pats better than BOTH??  That's a good one!!  (-;
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    AGC - a couple of notes about the colts game.  1.  They did not look great today.  Manning was not great.  Receivers were not great - I think they dropped 4 balls today.  D was not bad.  Take away the one Gore run, and they gave up about 235 yards total.  As for being home, this was the colts first game at home in a month and only their 3rd of the year.  Still, they will have to play better next week.