2005-2012 Postseasons:

28TDs, 19 INTs

Compared to his first 3....

2001-2004 Postseasons:

11 TDs, 3 INTs

3 AFC Title Games at home: since 2005:   3 TDs, 7 INTs

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Care to post the interception stats for the D in that same time period?

Or do interceptions against not matter?

Seems the D has been stinking up the place for years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: A Cold, Hard Look at Brady's Last 7 Postseasons

New England Patriots Defense 2010 - 2012

2010 Ranked #2 in NFL in creating TOs
         forced at least one TO in 14/16 games in regular season, but ZERO in the playoff loss to the Jets

2011 Ranked #3 in NFL in creating TOs
         forced at least one TO in 15/16 games in regular season, one in each playoff win,
         but ZERO in the SB loss to the Giants

2012 Ranked #2 in NFL in creating TOs
         forced at least one TO in 16/16 games in regular season and one in playoff win, but ZERO in the playoff loss to  the  Ravens

"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost;  for support, not illumination" - Vin Scully

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

From 1960-1999 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times.
    From 2000-2012 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times.
    It's good that we can argue about the postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"From 1960-1999 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times.

From 2000-2012 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times."

Yup. 

Without Brady we don't make the postseason at all. 

see: Matt Cassell. 

end of discussion. 

Nice try Rusty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I go by facts"

You go by selective facts that support your beliefs. You can line up facts to support almost any argument - even those contradicted by science (evolution, global warming, etc). 

That's why arguing you have "facts" on your side is weak. Anyone can assemble facts. 

Truly persuasive argumentation is the result of taking other points of view into account, reckoning with them, and then address them in your argument. 

But you don't do that because you take the view that anyone who disagrees with you is a loser or not a true fan and so forth and has no valid positions. Therefore you convince no one, and that "facts" you present are contradicted by other facts that you don't reckon with easily (example: our defense's inabllity to force turnovers in recent postseasons, or stop opponents from driving down the field with two minutes or less left in the game, which many of us feel is just as impactful as Brady's play or any other factor. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed!  But, it's also good to be an honest and objective fan who is genuinely discussing here, vs being a phony hypocrite like the ballwashers are.

[/QUOTE]

Some people think that the Patriots would have won more super bowls if Belichick drafted better. Some people think that the Patriots would have won more super bowls if the players played better. I think they both are right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Why not total turnovers, since the D can generate both (INTs and Fumbles), Mr. Sneaky?

Care to elaborate why Brady's alarming spike in Jay Cutleresque QBing since 2005 is not only in line with when his buddy McDaniels arrived, but after Brady got 3 rings, but didn't have Gomer stats on his resume yet?

Sure seems a "preference" for a shotgun spread base and throwing more has actually yielded much worse results for our TEAM.

Care to also tell us why our D should be better when on the field more covering for said spike in INTs from Brady?

Because that doesn't much sense.  When Gomer was tossing all his INTs in the postseason from 2002-2006 or even last year with Denver, why would anyone expect the D to be better while back on the field all the time?

Hmm?

Seems kinda like more time covering for a QB's mistakes is not the best time to be judging that team's D, huh?

lmao

[/QUOTE]

Well you are talking about Ints for the Brady (even though Ints ALWAYS include an intended receiver who is more likely to blame) and not total T/o's.

So, go ahead list all the ints for the D in the post season, in the first 3 years as apposed to the past 9.  Seems I remember reading something about, only 3, in the last 8-9 play-off games

Isn't that what you did with Brady or did you mean the whole offense which would include fumbles, in 3 years as apposed to 9?

List TB's ints along with the D's ints (who's JOB it is to get them) or we (the board) will assume you have an agenda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

What is the connection between Brady not getting his demanded, minimum to NE D 2 turnovers?

He sucks.

Why should he suck if our D doesn't get 1 or 2 turnovers? This is my question. Brady should suck if not for 2 turnovers from his D or medicore with 1? Really?  If Brady is the GOAT which you ballwashers claim, why isn't he  better than just mediocre or bad when not receiving an extra drive or two with turnovers?

Hmmm.  Seems a little phony to run around saying "GOAT" all the time, but for him to great he needs at least 2 turnovers or more from our D.  Hmm.

I am not even convinced if 1 of the 2 fumbles in SB 46 bouncing our way, that he wouldn't have turned right around and thrown an INT or gone 3 and out like he did in the AFC title game when Spikes plucked Flacco in zone.

It's about momentum when you create a turnover.

Brady sucked in the 2007 AFC title game, for example. 3 INTS one in the freaking end zone.  So, that meant if Samue didn't pick a one legged Rivers twice or Laura Maroney does not bail out that terrible game from Brady, we probably lose.

I go by facts, not by scapegoating our D, whether it be  atop ranked D and loaded with veterans that everyone is jealous of in 2007 or a young one off a lockout that was very good in that postseason.

Pretty hard to create a turnover when your offense doesn't move the ball much or goes 3 and out aplenty with an INT or drops, unable to sustain a drive.

[/QUOTE]

Seems like ALL QB's benefit from T/O's but I guess TB is so good, he doesn't need them from his D.  He is, after all, a one man team.  Right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"From 1960-1999 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times.

From 2000-2012 the Patriots made the postseason 10 times."

Yup. 

Without Brady we don't make the postseason at all. 

see: Matt Cassell. 

end of discussion. 

Nice try Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

11 wins doesn't make the postseason every year? It's not happened only TWICE in 30 years of the 16 game schedule.  1985 Broncos, 2008 Pats.

Thanks BB for coach of the year in 2008 and 11 wins!

[/QUOTE]

Would have been 15-16 with Brady. 

They might have still lost the Miami game cuz the D was reeling, and BB had no answer. 

Pretty much the same offense and a much easier schedule than 2007. YUP!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed!  But, it's also good to be an honest and objective fan who is genuinely discussing here, vs being a phony hypocrite like the ballwashers are.

[/QUOTE]

Some people think that the Patriots would have won more super bowls if Belichick drafted better. Some people think that the Patriots would have won more super bowls if the players played better. I think they both are right.

[/QUOTE]

Umm...that makes no sense. THe 2007 team was loaded beyond all belief. What could have "drafted better" iin 2007 to help us score more than the 14 points? Are you insane?

As for 2011, in the 4th qtr up 17-12 or 17-15 Brady threw an INT on 1st down and then he had the high throw to an open Welker.

What possibly could have happeend in the draft in 2011 to have made Brady not melt down like that?

At that point, you are in the 4th qtr of a SB!  Just don't be a moron and channel Cutler! Jesus Christ.

Enough with the generalizations and dodging of the real reality here.

In the 2011 AFC title a guy like Spikes, a 2010 draft pick or Hernande or Gronk all helped Brady.  Spikes picked Flacco! Christ, even a UDFA in 2011, Sterling Moore played better than Brady in that game and in the SB!

What does this tell you!??!

[/QUOTE]

The ONE thing that would have had the Pats score better in 2007 and 2011 would have been  MORE POSSESSIONS. Unfortunately the D,  didn't cooperate and only gave them 8 in both games.

Despite that, the 14 & 17 points were ENOUGH to win it up until the last possession.

A DEFENSIVE INT Might have been nice, Don't ya think?

Do you think it's NOT the D's job to get the ball back to the O?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Brady sux

So does Belichick

So does Mayo

and Nink

McCourty too

Kraft is a bad owner

Football is a dying sport

Beer tastes terrible

Single malt scotch really stinks too

Freedom is overrated

winning the lottery would cause all kinds of problems

Hate sitting on the beach when it's 78 degrees and clear blue skies

High definition on tv's is distorted, analog was way better

Hitler was a pretty swell fella

war is fun

so is Dysentery

But nothing beats a great case of Hemroids.

Wait, this is opposite thread....no?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Our SB 38 D created only turnover (a fumble) and gave up 29 points.

Brady was the MVP. Good thing Kasay kicked that ball out of bounds, huh? lol

Why can't he be the MVP with 1 turnover, 0 turnovers or a D allowing 13 points in a SB?

What has happened to Tom Brady?  Ego? Age?  A combo of the two? Forgetting the little things and not caring?

[/QUOTE]

Well, one is better than none and they gave up 29 points in 14 possessions which is much better than 19, in 8.  They actually had to make 6 MORE stops and in turn, gave it back to the O, 6 more times. 6 MORE possessions was the equivalent of 3/4th of the whole freaken, SB (both of them)  Are you really this dense?

Why would ANY PATS FAN feel that the QB should not benefit from turn overs which are in fact, the D's job?  IT IS THE D'S JOB TO GET THE BALL BACK TO THE O, BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE! That includes turn-overs and 3 and outs which an average D can do, 25% of the time, each.  They did neither, ZERO % of the time.

Can you explain that?  I sure can't.

I don't know one single Pats fan (or any fan for that matter), that wouldn't want their team to win with the benefit of all means possible.  That is the Mark of a GOOD TEAM!

That's how the Gints, Steelers, Ravens, Saints and even the Colts won and the Pats haven't since 2005.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

"I go by facts"

You go by selective facts that support your beliefs. You can line up facts to support almost any argument - even those contradicted by science (evolution, global warming, etc). 

That's why arguing you have "facts" on your side is weak. Anyone can assemble facts. 

Truly persuasive argumentation is the result of taking other points of view into account, reckoning with them, and then address them in your argument. 

But you don't do that because you take the view that anyone who disagrees with you is a loser or not a true fan and so forth and has no valid positions. Therefore you convince no one, and that "facts" you present are contradicted by other facts that you don't reckon with easily (example: our defense's inabllity to force turnovers in recent postseasons, or stop opponents from driving down the field with two minutes or less left in the game, which many of us feel is just as impactful as Brady's play or any other factor. 

[/QUOTE]

Well said. When Russ is on one of his Brady rants, he forgets to mention how the pats offense didn't collapse in the 2006afccg, and, handed the defense a lead with little time left in each SB loss. It's difficult to play mistake free football when the competition gets better. Not excusing brady for his INTS, but what more can you ask for? A lead that needs to be protected and hasn't in 3 critical games (above) that Russ seems to casually ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

rusty

I had a nice long answer to you, but I out maneuvered my Ipad and lost it all. Lol

I think you have some points , I also think you are out kicking your coverage on TB just a bit.

I think in all of the playoff losses the Oline was outplayed

In all of the tough games they played very good front 4s and he go to pressure up  the middle and the recvrs were not that open. 

In 3 games he did not have WW or  Gronk. he also never hadmore than 2 very good receivers to throw to. ZHeck we never had a healthy Gronk, ah, WW in a playoff game I remember

In the SBs TB led go ahead drives in all 5 SBs

In the 2 losses the D could have made plays to win the game in crunch time but didnt

And it is crunch time people remember and judge

No one can expect to have the same stats against good Ds in playoffs as bad Ds in the regular season

That said TB did have some awful plays and the O also has had chances to ice the game and didnt

There was one Balt game the whole team sulkedsulked

My point , It's a team game. and that's the way you win and lose

I also miss Weiss, and TB did lose his personal passing coach

Right now I am worried about our Ctr, rg and 2 rookie D tackles, not having Gronk yet and waiting for our rookie wrs to take off. I think everyone is aware of TB missing receivers. 

I think the world has come around to the Pats needing to run more. willie M said so  ( and I had said it too) Especially against the smallish NO defense. It looks like our only chance as we really are the underdog

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm...that makes no sense. THe 2007 team was loaded beyond all belief. What could have "drafted better" iin 2007 to help us score more than the 14 points? Are you insane?

As for 2011, in the 4th qtr up 17-12 or 17-15 Brady threw an INT on 1st down and then he had the high throw to an open Welker.

What possibly could have happeend in the draft in 2011 to have made Brady not melt down like that?

At that point, you are in the 4th qtr of a SB!  Just don't be a moron and channel Cutler! Jesus Christ.

In the 2011 AFC title a guy like Spikes, a 2010 draft pick or Hernande or Gronk all helped Brady.  Spikes picked Flacco! Christ, even a UDFA in 2011, Sterling Moore played better than Brady in that game and in the SB!

[/QUOTE]

The ONE thing that would have had the Pats score better in 2007 and 2011 would have been  MORE POSSESSIONS. Unfortunately the D,  didn't cooperate and only gave them 8 in both games.

Despite that, the 14 & 17 points were ENOUGH to win it up until the last possession.

[/QUOTE]

I am only sure of 1 thing Russ thinks...Brady sucks. That's his fallback position on nearly every post. We can be discussing the wr's, and Brady sucks. Talk about the draft, Brady sucks. 

a lot happens in a game. takeaways, fumbles, giveaways,etc. but if through all of it the offense hands the defense a lead with little time left, isn't it the defenses job to prevent a score to win it? 

I would argue that the pats d from the 2 losing sb's were not built to stop in time of need. Ellis Hobbs on Burress? Hobbs wouldn't even crack our starting lineup with our current d. These defenses contained the bleeding, and relied on a very potent offense to score and secure big leads. They were not built to play close in big games. The 06 afccg was just a monumental defensive collapse, but you won't hear Russ mention that. He will attribute it to the piped in noise, or turning the temp up in the dome, but never on that defense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Next question: Is it all the D's fault or all the O's fault?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am only sure of 1 thing Russ thinks...Brady sucks. That's his fallback position on nearly every post. We can be discussing the wr's, and Brady sucks. Talk about the draft, Brady sucks. 

a lot happens in a game. takeaways, fumbles, giveaways,etc. but if through all of it the offense hands the defense a lead with little time left, isn't it the defenses job to prevent a score to win it? 

I would argue that the pats d from the 2 losing sb's were not built to stop in time of need. Ellis Hobbs on Burress? Hobbs wouldn't even crack our starting lineup with our current d. These defenses contained the bleeding, and relied on a very potent offense to score and secure big leads. They were not built to play close in big games. The 06 afccg was just a monumental defensive collapse, but you won't hear Russ mention that. He will attribute it to the piped in noise, or turning the temp up in the dome, but never on that defense. 

[/QUOTE]

He uses Brady to divert from BB's team building failures.  That's a fact!

How else do you explain the troll blaming TB for dropped passes and defensive ineptitude, which he claims doesn't exist, despite the obvious.  Won't even admit that Dobson's 23% drop/catch rate is a problem.  None of the failed FA signings are BB's fault. Nothing is ever BB's fault.

Nope, It's all TBs fault and he is the problem.

Every loss is on Brady and every win the result of BB, the bestest GM of all time.

This all came about when the world started questioning BB, the defensive genius's defense and you started hearing (more and more), "is it TB that makes BB"?  Yup, it's true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Brady sucked in the 2007 AFC title game, for example. 3 INTS one in the freaking end zone.  So, that meant if Samue didn't pick a one legged Rivers twice or Laura Maroney does not bail out that terrible game from Brady, we probably lose.[/QUOTE]
    He threw end zone interceptions in his glory days too. Twice in the 2003 post-season (v. Indy and v. Carolina). He never was perfect. He made mistakes just like everyone else. But they won then, so it didnt matter

I have him at 31 TD/19 INT since 2005 btw

But regardless shouldnt his weak 2005 and 2006 post-seasons be added to the 2001-2003 total? Wasnt he still "game manager" Brady during those two seasons?

2001-2006: 20TD/9INT
    2007-2012: 22TD/13INT

His early numbers are still better, but not by a lot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

"I go by facts"

[/QUOTE]

The offenses in the recent years have been power houses and the "Strength" of the Patriots team. That is exactly how the team had been built. It is almost impossible to have a complete and evenly balanced team when your avg draft position is 26.2 for the past 10 years. The league is set up to force parity. 

I do not know for any fact as I have no time or interest in going to look it up but I will venture a very educated guess that the TO's that the Patriots D have created over or during those years in the regular season came predominantly in games during which times they were leading and probably many times leading comfortably by more than one possession.

This goes back to the original point of how the team was constructed during that time. The defense is MUCH more capable to dictating to the offense the tempo and what they want it to do when they are playing from in front with a solid lead or comfortable lead. (Brady himself spoke of this after this recent Bengals game and how the Bengals D did that to him and the Pats offense)

In 2010 loss to Jets the Pats only led once in that game by 3 points. Played from behind the rest of the game. Much more difficult to generate sacks and or TO's when playing from behind.

In 2011 Pats played from behind until :15 left in 1st half then led by 1 point at half. Both teams come out for the 2nd half and each have drives. Pats 1st and get a TD. So you can make an argument that they have an opportunity to maybe try and dictate something but its a one possession game in the SB so I am not sure how much. They do manage to keep the Giants to ONLY a FG. Pats go out with the "strength" of their team and lay an egg, 3 and out and put their "weakness" back out on the field. Don't even get me started on this game because it is probably the one single game I take issue with Brady in for his career. Lots of mental mistakes that were very costly to the outcome of the game by him.

In 2012 same thing again. Pats only led briefly by 3 and 6 points in the game. Only short stretches and or even a single possession. All three games the same, playing even or from behind making it much more difficult to generate sacks and or TO's.

In simplest form, you are not going to have success asking the weakness of your team to bail out the strength of your team when the strength of your team falls on its face and under-performs for a particular game. It will rarely if ever happen. The weakness needs to play from an advantageous position. This is the very fundamental basics of the nuances of the game of sports in general. Those that do not understand it clearly might know the rules of a particular sport but obviously do not truly understand the sport or sports in general.

By the way, all the stuff you stated before the piece I highlighted I thought was very well said and true. Few on these boards ever do that, unfortunately.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

This kid is such a fool. Same old sht different package. burger boy is compensating for something. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"I go by facts"

[/QUOTE]

The offenses in the recent years have been power houses and the "Strength" of the Patriots team. That is exactly how the team had been built. It is almost impossible to have a complete and evenly balanced team when your avg draft position is 26.2 for the past 10 years. The league is set up to force parity. 

I do not know for any fact as I have no time or interest in going to look it up but I will venture a very educated guess that the TO's that the Patriots D have created over or during those years in the regular season came predominantly in games during which times they were leading and probably many times leading comfortably by more than one possession.

This goes back to the original point of how the team was constructed during that time. The defense is MUCH more capable to dictating to the offense the tempo and what they want it to do when they are playing from in front with a solid lead or comfortable lead. (Brady himself spoke of this after this recent Bengals game and how the Bengals D did that to him and the Pats offense)

In 2010 loss to Jets the Pats only led once in that game by 3 points. Played from behind the rest of the game. Much more difficult to generate sacks and or TO's when playing from behind.

In 2011 Pats played from behind until :15 left in 1st half then led by 1 point at half. Both teams come out for the 2nd half and each have drives. Pats 1st and get a TD. So you can make an argument that they have an opportunity to maybe try and dictate something but its a one possession game in the SB so I am not sure how much. They do manage to keep the Giants to ONLY a FG. Pats go out with the "strength" of their team and lay an egg, 3 and out and put their "weakness" back out on the field. Don't even get me started on this game because it is probably the one single game I take issue with Brady in for his career. Lots of mental mistakes that were very costly to the outcome of the game by him.

In 2012 same thing again. Pats only led briefly by 3 and 6 points in the game. Only short stretches and or even a single possession. All three games the same, playing even or from behind making it much more difficult to generate sacks and or TO's.

In simplest form, you are not going to have success asking the weakness of your team to bail out the strength of your team when the strength of your team falls on its face and under-performs for a particular game. It will rarely if ever happen. The weakness needs to play from an advantageous position. This is the very fundamental basics of the nuances of the game of sports in general. Those that do not understand it clearly might know the rules of a particular sport but obviously do not truly understand the sport or sports in general.

By the way, all the stuff you stated before the piece I highlighted I thought was very well said and true. Few on these boards ever do that, unfortunately.

[/QUOTE]

I know you asked us not to get you started, but just curious what do you think were Brady's mental mistakes?  The only glaring one, I think, was the ill-advised pass to Gronk.  I see why Brady threw that ball.  Gronk was open and Brady was trying to make something happen.  But at that point in the game, I think Brady should have simply slid and let the broken play be a broken play.  The throw reminded me of the ill-advised throw he made the game before that also went for an interception.  

I don't think the safety play was a mental mistake.  Protection broke down on that play and Brady had nothing to do.  He was in the pocket in the end zone.  If he took a sack, it was a safety anyway.  Because he was in the pocket, he couldn't throw the ball away.  He had to get rid of the ball in the general direction of a receiver to avoid a safety and the throw down the middle of the field (sort of toward Branch) may have been the best choice.  He could have tried to throw out of bounds toward Welker 20 or more yards downfield to the right of the field, but that was a difficult and dangerous throw that could easily have resulted in a pick six (worse than the safety).  Getting the ball toward Gronk was even more risky since Gronk wasn't far from the endzone and there was lots of traffic around him.  BJGE was tangled up with a LB and hadn't really come open for a check down, and the fifth eligible (Solder) was blocking.  I guess Brady could have tried to scramble, but it is far-fetched to imagine he would have escaped Tuck. 

Maybe there were other mental mistakes you see, but I don't see too many glaring ones.  The problem with that game was that the weapons just weren't there on offense for the Pats (Gronk's injury hurt a lot), the O line was outplayed by the Giants' front seven (what else is new?), and the defense allowed the Giants to control the clock with too many drives of five and six minutes.  Brady made a bad mistake, I think, with the intercepted throw to Gronk, but other than that I don't think he was that off.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

What is the connection between Brady not getting his demanded, minimum to NE D 2 turnovers?

He sucks.

Why should he suck if our D doesn't get 1 or 2 turnovers? This is my question. Brady should suck if not for 2 turnovers from his D or medicore with 1? Really?  If Brady is the GOAT which you ballwashers claim, why isn't he  better than just mediocre or bad when not receiving an extra drive or two with turnovers?

Hmmm.  Seems a little phony to run around saying "GOAT" all the time, but for him to great he needs at least 2 turnovers or more from our D.  Hmm.

I am not even convinced if 1 of the 2 fumbles in SB 46 bouncing our way, that he wouldn't have turned right around and thrown an INT or gone 3 and out like he did in the AFC title game when Spikes plucked Flacco in zone.

It's about momentum when you create a turnover.

Brady sucked in the 2007 AFC title game, for example. 3 INTS one in the freaking end zone.  So, that meant if Samue didn't pick a one legged Rivers twice or Laura Maroney does not bail out that terrible game from Brady, we probably lose.

I go by facts, not by scapegoating our D, whether it be  atop ranked D and loaded with veterans that everyone is jealous of in 2007 or a young one off a lockout that was very good in that postseason.

Pretty hard to create a turnover when your offense doesn't move the ball much or goes 3 and out aplenty with an INT or drops, unable to sustain a drive.

[/QUOTE]

Okay...certainly, you're a little over the top and, perhaps, just a bit antagonistic, saying that TB sucked.  However, I do believe that, in the midst of all that, you do make a valid point.  Why should the "GOAT" have to rely on a couple of turnovers to have success?  One could argue, if he truly is the "GOAT", that he should be able to find a way to lead the team to victory, in spite of other players shortcomings.  It does appear that he has lost some of that magic, in his more recent playoff performances.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad Belichick was able to rebuild the defense - yeah it took five years - and lasted two and a quarter games (until Wilfork went down), but he did it! And that's ok, he's much better at building an offense, he rebuilt Denver's offense in a season...turned it into the best all time virtually overnight! He also tore our's down to the bone in the same amount of time...that's pure genius. Not many could do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you hate the greatest player in the team's history, who also happens to be the #1 reason for the team's success over the last decade plus, why don't you go root for another team?

God, you're such a Jets troll.

Go blow up your Vinny Testeverde doll and talk with other New Yorkers about the glory days of Joe Namath.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Does anyone have access to stats on Brady's performance when throwing deep balls - % of balls thrown; % completed; of the incompletions, % over/under-thrown, % dropped, % well defended?  My sense is he started throwing deep balls a lot more since 2005 and has not done so well with it, except in 2007 with Moss, Stallworth.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!