A little bit of draft talk - Never too early!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

A little bit of draft talk - Never too early!

I realize there is a "big" game this weekend against the Jests, but while watching College Football I started thinking about the draft..

One guy I like the looks of, Cameron Heyward (DE from Ohio State).  The guy is 6'6" 285-lbs. 

Every time I watch them play he's always all over the field.  He might not have huge stats or anything, but he's always around the ball whether it's forcing the QB out of the pocket or stopping the run. 

He reminds me of a poor man's Richard Seymour, kinda.  While in no way am I trying to say he'd be the next Seymour, but I think he would be a great addition in the 2nd or 3rd round assuming he comes out this year.  He'd be great for depth and to turn into a starter eventually.  He's a junior right now I believe, so he could obviously stay in college for another year, but when he does come out I think he would be a nice addition.

Any comments? Or other prospects on the defensive side of the ball (Not the obvious like Taylor Mays or Eric Berry)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early!

Patriots Most Wanted:

A true RB (no dancers)
    A pass rushing OLB (6'5 250+ lbs 4.8 or 4.9 40 yard dash)
    Another ILB for depth
    A RT who can actually block
    A third WR
    Physical cover DB's (a la Ty Law)

I don't know much about who is declaring themselves eligible for the up coming draft but does anybody know any college players who fits the above listed descriptions?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

The DB, there is only one I can think of.. Haden, from Florida.  He's an underclassmen, so it's not certain that he'll come out.  But if he does, he'd be a top-10 type of player.  So if he comes out in '11, then they'd have a draft pick that they could pick him with if they wanted to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

two biggest needs are rb and pass rush.

i dont know of any really good 3-4 DL any thoughts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early!:
    [QUOTE]The DB, there is only one I can think of.. Haden, from Florida.  He's an underclassmen, so it's not certain that he'll come out.  But if he does, he'd be a top-10 type of player.  So if he comes out in '11, then they'd have a draft pick that they could pick him with if they wanted to.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

I'm with you..With the number of draft picks we have and moves we make on draft day it's like another holiday for me.
    Top dog on my draft board.
    Ndamukong Suh
    # 93
    Defensive Tackle - DT
    Height: 6-4  Weight: 300
    Senior
    This guy is a man amongst boys in college and quite possibly the best D-Lineman Nebraska has ever had. It wouldn't bother me in the least if we used that raider draft pick to move up and grab him. Unfortunately I think he is a top 5 guy.

I'm with Rodimus on the RB. We have so many picks in the early rounds I can't imagine the Patriots not addressing that.
    Other than that I want defense..All positions, just find guys that can shine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early! :

I'm with you..With the number of draft picks we have and moves we make on draft day it's like another holiday for me.

Top dog on my draft board. Ndamukong Suh # 93 Defensive Tackle - DT
    Height: 6-4 
    Weight: 300 Senior

This guy is a man amongst boys in college and quite possibly the best D-Lineman Nebraska has ever had. It wouldn't bother me in the least if we used that raider draft pick to move up and grab him. Unfortunately I think he is a top 5 guy.

I'm with Rodimus on the RB. We have so many picks in the early rounds I can't imagine the Patriots not addressing that. Other than that I want defense..All positions, just find guys that can shine.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE to see Suh come to Foxboro, but i've pretty much dismissed that dream lol. 

I'd like to see them take a back in the early 2nd round, but not the 1st.  I would like to see them address defense-defense-defense with most of their picks, unless there is a beast OT available or a franchise-type RB available.  I'd like to see more depth on the D-line and more LB's; they could certainly use it.

Don't forget - We'll be getting Tyron McKinzie back from IR and possibly Crable (if he doesn't go on IR again).  So that's 2 LB's that we'll be getting without using draft picks this upcoming year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early! : I would LOVE to see Suh come to Foxboro, but i've pretty much dismissed that dream lol.  I'd like to see them take a back in the early 2nd round, but not the 1st.  I would like to see them address defense-defense-defense with most of their picks, unless there is a beast OT available or a franchise-type RB available.  I'd like to see more depth on the D-line and more LB's; they could certainly use it. Don't forget - We'll be getting Tyron McKinzie back from IR and possibly Crable (if he doesn't go on IR again).  So that's 2 LB's that we'll be getting without using draft picks this upcoming year. 
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would take a lot to move up to where Suh is going to go. Definitely the Raider pick and another 1 or good 2nd rounder. I'm a big Husker fan and he's the best thing I can recall at D-line. He's disruptive and in the backfield constantly from the tackle slot and would be quite a D-end in the 3-4 defense. I'll be watching him on ESPN tonight..Watch him make liar out me.
    I'm of the opinion of draft as many different D players as we can get. It's like throw as much $h!t at the wall as you can and take what sticks. We need help there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Terrance Cody Alabama DL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early! :

Yeah, it would take a lot to move up to where Suh is going to go. Definitely the Raider pick and another 1 or good 2nd rounder. I'm a big Husker fan and he's the best thing I can recall at D-line. He's disruptive and in the backfield constantly from the tackle slot and would be quite a D-end in the 3-4 defense. I'll be watching him on ESPN tonight..Watch him make liar out me. I'm of the opinion of draft as many different D players as we can get. It's like throw as much $h!t at the wall as you can and take what sticks. We need help there.

Haha great way to put it.  I've watched Suh when i've had the chance and I think he's lived up to everything i've heard people say about him. 

I'm hoping Nebraska gets a chance at the Big 12 Championship so Suh can get a shot at the Pronghorns.  I think Suh could manhandle the line and disrupt anything Texas is wanting to try on offense - they could pull an upset if their offense doesn't turn it over and stays effecient (that's what i'm hoping, anyways.. As a natural-born Arkansan, I hate everything Texas lol)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Terrance Cody Alabama DL
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]
    Not sure if Cody is versatile enough to play the nose for BB, people don't appreciate how much big vince is asked to do.  What kinda movement does he have for a guy of his size?(honest question i have no clue)  not to mention his conditioning makes andre smith look like mr. olympia.  Mt. cody is a run stuffer tho, that's for sure...

any pass rushing OLB or DE, someone with a long wingspan and sideline to sideline speed would be a welcome addition.  as has been suggested you can never have too many quality RBs or CBs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAMATO. Show YAMATO's posts

I'd like to see the Patriots sign RB LenDale White as a FA or draft RB Toby Gerhart. White could thrive in NE as a feature RB. No more dancin' with Maroney !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little bit of draft talk - Never too early! : I'm with you..With the number of draft picks we have and moves we make on draft day it's like another holiday for me. Top dog on my draft board. Ndamukong Suh # 93 Defensive Tackle - DT Height: 6-4  Weight: 300 Senior This guy is a man amongst boys in college and quite possibly the best D-Lineman Nebraska has ever had. It wouldn't bother me in the least if we used that raider draft pick to move up and grab him. Unfortunately I think he is a top 5 guy. I'm with Rodimus on the RB. We have so many picks in the early rounds I can't imagine the Patriots not addressing that. Other than that I want defense..All positions, just find guys that can shine.
    I just saw clip of this guy on youtube. If (and that is a big IF) the planets align and this Pats get the opportunity to draft him, my guess is that BB moves him to DE.