A little concern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

A little concern

Regarding Bill Belichick. Is anyone else getting a little worried about his behavior this week? All the smiles, the honesty, the openness? Telling stories, volunteering injury information, staying late for media day?

Namely, is anyone else worried that Belichick may be thinking about the end of his career as a coach in the NFL? That his whole demeanor is about enjoying maybe his last Super Bowl?

Yeah, I know a lot of people explain his behavior as that he likes this team a lot. I'm sure he does. But I don't ever remember him being like this in a game as big as the Super Bowl. Does that mean he didn't like his other teams that much? I doubt that.

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, because before this week, I hadn't even considered Belichick retiring.

It's disconcerting, though. I mean, it would come as a shock to me if Bill did retire, but so has his behavior been this week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: A little concern

No, he's upping his game for the good of the team. He's literally showing the team that he, too, is coachable in his own area of weakness, displaying his personality in public. His uber-stoicism (hiding his personality) has been his hallmark for decades, not years, so in terms of ego (in the context of the Pats putting oneself before the team) he has the most invested. Yet, for the good of the team, that is over. I also think he and the team are so genuineally happy that it shows. Good news, because they were feeling this way before the Denver game; I think they are very dialed in in all aspects a team needs to compete at the highest level. Don't underestimate the heart of a champion! And I absolutely beleive you have no need for concern; instead you should expect 60 minutes of some of the best football you've ever seen played by the Patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Stupid post... This guy will coach the Pats till he drops Dead...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think all the "hard-nosed" coaches soften with age, sorta like a good cabernet....lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

If he starts Tweeting, then there is an issue...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I hope its like the cat who got the canary - maybe he's got a great gameplan or some new wrinkle is working well in practice. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just be concerned that they get the number of Duck Boats right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: A little concern:
    [QUOTE]No, he's upping his game for the good of the team. He's literally showing the team that he, too, is coachable in his own area of weakness, displaying his personality in public. His uber-stoicism (hiding his personality) has been his hallmark for decades, not years, so in terms of ego (in the context of the Pats putting oneself before the team) he has the most invested. Yet, for the good of the team, that is over. I also think he and the team are so genuineally happy that it shows. Good news, because they were feeling this way before the Denver game; I think they are very dialed in in all aspects a team needs to compete at the highest level. Don't underestimate the heart of a champion! And I absolutely beleive you have no need for concern; instead you should expect 60 minutes of some of the best football you've ever seen played by the Patriots.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Excellent points, and I would add that sometimes when destiny takes over, it just changes your demeanor. On paper (though apparently not in Vegas!) the Pats may seem like underdogs, and they certainly don't have the same image of invincibility that had going into the '07-'08 SB, but fortune seems to be smiling on this group, just as it did when they got lucky on the Tuck Rule play and won the SB. I think BB "feels" it, and even he cannot help reflecting that! It could of course be that destiny is not smiling on them, but I would not be surprised at all if the Pats played their best SB game ever on Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

I think Wekler nailed it yesterday!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know how to be polite about this, but this thread is pretty dumb and it sort of proves how too much internet exposure can completely ruin a person's perspective. I saw this question posed in Reiss's mailbag yesterday too, and it's just really silly. All people do is complain about how serious or grumph he is and now he shows some enjoyment of attending another SB, and it's a problem.  Oh my. BB LOVES this team. Loves it.  I see his calm, settled demeanor is confidence and enjoying the process. That's it.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    True that. And when they win, there is absolutely NO chance that he doesnt come back to get his 5th.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He could be thinking about a front office gig. McDaniels w/BB overseeing him? Coaching and GM is a 16 hour day 7 day week job. It could happen, especially since we're going to win. He will go out on top.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE].... That's just reading way too much into someone's behavior and few players, if any, would interpret his behavior in the way he intended. Maybe he got a salary raise or had relations with a female for the first time in a few years ? 
    Posted by RS57O9[/QUOTE]

Or maybe you're just a troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know how to be polite about this, but this thread is pretty dumb and it sort of proves how too much internet exposure can completely ruin a person's perspective. I saw this question posed in Reiss's mailbag yesterday too, and it's just really silly. All people do is complain about how serious or grumpy he is and now he shows some enjoyment of attending another SB, and it's a problem.  Oh my. BB LOVES this team. Loves it.  I see his calm, settled demeanor is confidence and enjoying the process. That's it.

Yeah, I agree with you completely. It does seem pretty dumb. I heard this idea somewhere, and at first, I thought that it was crazy too, but it kind of just grew in my head. The more thought I about it, the more worried I got, and not because it seemed more rational or more likely. It's just that even the possibility of Belichick leaving this team scares me.

I just thought it strange that he is enjoying this Super Bowl so much when he's usually more focused and serious for these big games. Sure, it's not really far-fetched to think Bill would take time to appreciate another Super Bowl appearance. I just tend to think that he does everything with a purpose, and this whole retirement thing sort of fits.

No one else seems concerned about it though, so that's reassured me. I'm usually not one to have these reactionary, somewhat paranoid ideas. The whole thing just kind of struck a nerve, I guess.

I have to say though that thinking about this has boosted my appreciation for Belichick to an all-time high.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Anybody who hears his weekly interview on WEEI, gets this same Bill we are seeing this week. He is always relaxed and joking in the studio with Glen Ordway, Fred Smerlas, and Steve DeOssie

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

BB knows that he has a game plan that can beat the Giants.  Therefore, he is smiling.  Don't worry the Pats will win this super bowl and dedicate it to MHK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

In Response to A little concern:
    BellyChick learned everything he knows about coaching from his time in the Giants franchise, extending to his later work under ex-Giants coach Parcells. He has seen how they train to be physical and disciplined; how they gameplan; how they rest their injured, no matter the outcome in the W/L column; how they peak at the right time of the season and how this Giant team is poised to rip the Pattycakes a new one. He couldn't beat them when he had his better defrensive team in '08, when he was vainly trying for a perfect 19-0 season. He couldn't beat them at home this season when Nicks, Bradshaw and the starting center were all out, and he coundn't even beat them in the past two preseason games - with no pressure whatsoever. This is his last chance to smile and be happy for a long time. He has just lucked out and won the AFC title on TWO fluke plays at the end of the game, finally edging a team with a .500 record. Let the guy enjoy his moment, he knows the heartbreak that lies ahead only too well. After Sunday, he'll be back to frowning, so you won't have to worry!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A little concern : BellyChick learned everything he knows about coaching from his time in the Giants franchise, extending to his later work under ex-Giants coach Parcells. He has seen how they train to be physical and disciplined; how they gameplan; how they rest their injured, no matter the outcome in the W/L column; how they peak at the right time of the season and how this Giant team is poised to rip the Pattycakes a new one. He couldn't beat them when he had his better defrensive team in '08, when he was vainly trying for a perfect 19-0 season. He couldn't beat them at home this season when Nicks, Bradshaw and the starting center were all out, and he coundn't even beat them in the past two preseason games - with no pressure whatsoever. This is his last chance to smile and be happy for a long time. He has just lucked out and won the AFC title on TWO fluke plays at the end of the game, finally edging a team with a .500 record. Let the guy enjoy his moment, he knows the heartbreak that lies ahead only too well. After Sunday, he'll be back to frowning, so you won't have to worry!
    Posted by TheRedStain[/QUOTE]

Who is 'BellyChick'?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]That's what NYers, who are very jealous, call him. I think they think it's funny or meant to insult, while the rest of the world rolls their eyes and then makes fun of the NY/NJ types behind their backs, after they walk away. lol

Does that mean all of the made up names for Dungy and Manning on this board are all out of jealousy? 

Just sayin.