a mature JEMELE HILL goes where most won't on one GENO SMITH+his GENERATION!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: a mature JEMELE HILL goes where most won't on one GENO SMITH+his GENERATION!

@Rusty love your off topic posts. Most folks I want them to post about football but you, I want to read anything you write that's not football. Your social/cultural stuff is absolutely spot-on. Not that your football stuff is bad, just know what you are going to say before you say it. This other stuff - terrific and incisive.

Agreed - "mature Jemele Hill" is an oxymoron but that was a good piece...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: a mature JEMELE HILL goes where most won't on one GENO SMITH+his GENERATION!

I'm a millenia, I suppose, but you're wrong, Rusty. 

Most of the time, when I'm posting here, I'm in a requirement class to graduate. It's boring the life outta me, so I post here to hee Pats news. I didn't know so many of you were geriatric. =D 

5,600 posts in 3 years? That less than 2000 posts a year, which is 6 posts a day. =)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think the problem is deeper than just "the younger" generation... I was born in 60's so am old enough to not be considered in the main point of this. The real problem is we as american's have lost the idea of "village" or neighborhoods.... We are more than an individual we are a community... we need to respect others (not give them everything) but respect them... I did not grow up with internet and cell phones and my parents were in there 40's when i was born, so i was raised "old school"... strong family, long marriages and while we complain about things and people we still show respect and caring... if our neighbor needs help we give it... we sit down as a family and have dinner and discuss things, we cook and eat at home 80% of the time...

Most of the generation today was raised by parents too busy to make time for them and therefore they have not learned or been taught to worry about others, they simply worry about themselves.

Of course, not everyone born in the 80's and 90's is like this (thank god) but a lot are and they forget it is not about "me" all the time. Geno and others have had privaledged lives because they ran faster and jumped higher... this also is not new, however, if you add this to the rest of the culture change you get real issues... 

If we could remember family, village and not only see our point of view, we would all be better off.. we could work through this recession better and we could restore USA to the leader we should be. This attitude is especially shown by the politicians and business leaders today... who is stepping up to lead. Not many in my opinion and it is not just the younger generation... if there is no financial reward why should a business care... it is wrong, the business owner/leader has a responsibility to take care of the company and the employees not just the profit to maximize their bonus and stock options... it is about respect, responsibility and good old fashion values...

Now a days if you stand up for a value you believe in, just because you believe it, you are ostrasized and put down... whatever the issue, gay rights, race relationships, politics, religion, etc... if you don't believe what is "trending" you are labeled.. in this forum it is calling people trolls when they don't agree with you... disagreements with respect make us a better country and village... Someone was ostrasized for saying they do not understand a person being "gay"... they did not say it is wrong or bad, just that they don't understand it... How can this statement or opinion turn into gay bashing... it was a simple statement. I am a man and I don't always understand women's views or my wife's ideas... me saying I don't understand is not saying they are stupid it is really saying or acknowledging that I don't have the experience or insight to understand your point of view....if you respect that point of view but still cannot understand it, then what is the issue.

I think I am in the minority, but believe that it is a large minority that could someday rise up and get the USA on a path to its former self... to paraphrase an old movie line... we need to stand up and tell the governement and business leaders.....

WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE AREN'T GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE

get this "trending" and maybe the USA will really be on the road to recovery.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.