A season review of this teams...."Power Back"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A season review of this teams...."Power Back"

Stevan Ridley 178 for 773 yards 7 tds 4.3 ypc and 3 fumbles

LeGarret Blount 153 for 772 yards 7 tds 5.0 ypc and 3 fumbles.

Considering these guys play the same position and split time doing it( meaning they are never on the field together)  they combine for this teams power running game.

I think 340 carries for 1540 yards and 14 rushing tds is representative of a dominate running game, and 1 that can and will be relied on to improve our offensive efficiency in this post season. 

When you throw in Vareen as a complimentary 3rd down back with excellent receiving skills and some betwen the tackles running ability then this crew has it all.

BB and McD have picked the right time to show case this running game. We are giving these post sesson defenses something else to worry about.

Anyway, its interesting to see Blount and Ridley put up very similar numbers....including fumbles. Although rid also has a receiving fumble....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: A season review of this teams....

Considering the league leader, McCoy, had 314 carries for 1,607 yards, your point is well taken.  Given the propensity to have all manners of personnel line up on the offesnive side of the ball, it keeps the D guessing.  BB is all about game planning and will not go week to week with the same mindset such as run the ball each week at all costs etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering these guy play the same position and split time doing it( meaning they are never on the field together)  they combine for this teams power running game.

I think 340 carries for 1540 yards and 14 rushing tds is representative of a dominate running game, and 1 that can and will be relied on to improve our offensive efficiency in this post season. 

When you throw in Vareen as a complimentary 3rd down back with excellent receiving skills and some betwen the tackles running ability then this crew has it all.

BB and McD have picked the right time to show case this running game. We are giving these post sesson defenses something else to worry about.

Anyway, its interesting to see Blount and Ridley put up very similar numbers....including fumbles. Although rid also has a receiving fumble....

[/QUOTE]

2 headed  beastly monster...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

maybe the best 1-2 punch  in quite a while , then you throw in vereen and bolden and you're looking at really talented group that is really the crux of the offense right now.  Especially when the weather is bad this time of year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It looks like the running game is coming together nicely, although I'm not sure how much stock you can put into a game against Buffalo that isn't good against the run, but they look good.

The problem is it looks like our passing game right now is limited to Edelman and little else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like that the last two games were wins and that the running game was a factor in both -- it is a good sign for this team.  I know it's not as simple as I make it sound, but the fact that they're focusing on running the ball with the decent talent they have at RB is a very good thing.  Granted, the Bills are a team you want to run against but they also ran it well enough @ Baltimore against a decent D.  That was a statement game to me.    

This team will need to run the ball in the playoffs to make Brady's life easier.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It looks like the running game is coming together nicely, although I'm not sure how much stock you can put into a game against Buffalo that isn't good against the run, but they look good.

The problem is it looks like our passing game right now is limited to Edelman and little else.

[/QUOTE]

Can't discount that yesterday multiple receiving options were not in the plan. Amendola and Edelman give us 2 good route runners who are both tops in the league in percentage of targets caught.

Imo if we are focused on a ground and pound attack, we will only need 1 receiver in order to make our offense work.....the open one.

Wow, literally as I type this, Ty Law on sports net central just said, if this team is going to run the ball, which has been a missing piece for a while, then teams are going to have to prepare for that and Tom Brady will kill them down field. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Butterfingers Ridley had 2x the number of fumbles lost as Blount.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Butterfingers Ridley had 2x the number of fumbles lost as Blount.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Ridley must have fumbled the ball with more of an anti patriot bounce....you know, because he sucks and all.

2,000 yards and 19 tds in his last 2 seasons as a split time back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering these guys play the same position and split time doing it( meaning they are never on the field together)  they combine for this teams power running game.

[/QUOTE]

and what are Bolden's numbers?  Didn't Vereen fumble the ball yesterday too?  Considering that the Patriots have a small margin of error going forward, I'm surprised Bolden isn't getting more playing time; considering he has zero fumbles.

[/QUOTE]

Well Jet Troll..wait, why am I concerned what you think..YOU'RE A NY JETS TROLL...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!...and we all know your REAL NAME....BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now, to the question at hand...

This tandem of backs is getting hot at precisely the right time with bad weather and hard hitting the only way to go in the playoffs...BLOUNT FORCE TRAUMA reminds me of Antoine Smith and Corey Dillon(?) in that no DB wants to try to hit them in the 4th qtr, especially in cold wet weather...once they get into the secondary they might take it to the house...and thats the way you want it in the playoffs....if they get to play the Bronco's in the Conference finals, I could see us pounding that depleted DL into submission....the only team I really fear is the Bengals because they have a stout run D...otherwise, we're peaking the run game at the right time....

Oh yeah...I hope the NY Jets like the early vacation they have do to their 40th straight year of utter national degredation and tumultuous failure...they have wroked very hard to be so very awful...congrats!