a simple question on AH and RS article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

a simple question on AH and RS article

If AH was on PCP and Pats were worried last year before all the BS happened. Why was he never found to be in violation of the NFL drug policy? Don't they test for PCP? If not why not? Seems weird that a person can be "addicted" but pass drug tests.

I am not naive and I know you can substitute and cover up but usually there are red flags about all of this... with AH there seemed to be none.

So why are we speculating on something that should be a fact one way or the other?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: a simple question on AH and RS article

They only test for street drugs once a year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Thanks for the info. Helps clarify a bit more for me. 

I agree by the way that the pats did act quickly and decisively. Maybe AH was on short leash from off season training issues and stuff. But I do think it was all post big contract and some of the finger pointing is RB being RB. But I leave that for another thread.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Another point on said article was when the head of security was terminated. That was back in 2003 when that happen and here we are in 2013 and somehow they throw that out as a reason as to why the whole thing happen. I noticed other outlets that are picking the story up are conviently leaving the time frame out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

One can always assemble several facts, create linkages between them when there is little or no connection and develop that into a narrative.  How much or how little in this piece is factually correct or, more to the point, relevant is probably open to interpretation.  The AH piece is ample grist for the media mill and will probably not go away anytime soon.  Until it does BB will be a target for critical assessment some of it warranted some of it less so. 

I'm much more interested in how the 53-man roster shakes out and how the season unfolds than I am this stuff.  Oh, and to those who would characterize that as having my head in the sand or perhaps inserted in an orifice to go unnamed, I'll say this:  BB and the Pats missed something in the AH equation.  I'd like to think they will learn from it.  That pretty much is it from my perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

BB and the Pats missed something in the AH equation.  I'd like to think they will learn from it.  That pretty much is it from my perspective.

I think this is pretty much spot on right here. They made a huge mistake with this kid, and probably missed some huge red flags. But the media's attempts to paint him and Kraft as villains in this whole ordeal is tiring to watch. Since when are they supposed to be police officers too? To me, it looks like the new security team that BB brought in with him dropped the ball somewhere. From what I've read, they didn't have the local contacts in law enforcement that the old crew did.

My question is this, and I've already asked it in many threads....Why weren't all these stories on the mis-doings of AH reported by the media when they happened? The media are vultures waiting for high profile people to screw up so they have a breaking story. Are we to believe that all these things that AH did over the last 3 years went completely unreported by the media....but yet BB knew about all of them? Give me a break....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Another point on said article was when the head of security was terminated. That was back in 2003 when that happen and here we are in 2013 and somehow they throw that out as a reason as to why the whole thing happen. I noticed other outlets that are picking the story up are conviently leaving the time frame out.

the security angle was not one of timing. the issue was that the head of security had no communication with the BPD. the question keeps arising of "who knew, and when did they know"....the BPD knew, and the Pats should have had better communication with them...there was also innuendo that the BPD could not discuss these types of situations, but that police "whisper" things, meaning a little $$$ and the team could have known. but it was pretty clear no relationship means no info...and there was no relationship

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think the piece about security changes is probably true league wide and sporting venue wide - There has been a huge change in security concerns across the US in the last decade - terror/mass murder is a very real concern and it has probably shifted focus away from the more mundane issues of local law enforcement. And while teams are concerned about off field issues of their players - unless players have actually gotten in trouble with the law, it is really hard to expect them to be babysitting 61 players. AH until this year with whatever happened in FL had not gotten any attention for questionable behavior/brushes with law enforcement.

And as for the issue of investigations - until his arrest, no one was talking about AH's behavior - now, everyone has something to say and if they make it interesting enough, they get their two minutes of fame.

And while smoking grass is probably happening quite often with pro athletes, addiction to hard drugs over any length of time is hard to imagine for an athlete at an elite level - these are not performance enhancers like HGH or steroids - speed might help on game day, but addiction quickly leads to serious physical problems that would diminish skills.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The NFL (or I should say all pro sports) drug policies are a joke, without drugs there would be no modern day NFL.  You don't play pro football unless you've done some cycle of testosterone, steroids, HGH or some legal version at the time.  They just recently started testing for weed in the NBA, if either the NBA or NFL ACTUALLY tested for pot the league would shut down and start again with scabs.  Major league baseball knew their players were juicing coming off a labor strike and major fan attendance lows, they knew... don't let me get started on cycling and the Olympic sports... please.

We should be less concerned about policing drugs, and instead making them work for us.  The US is one of the few backward countries in the World waging a war on drugs.