A thought on Wes to Denver - what if Peyton is not up to snuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

A thought on Wes to Denver - what if Peyton is not up to snuff

You know speculation at this time last year was Peyton did not have same arm strength and this showed up in playoffs. Wes can become an easy target and not really be able to help put it in the end zone. If Peyton gets too enamored with him and focus too much I think this hurts broncos. If Peyton's arm looks as dead as it did in the playoffs then maybe Wes is not as much as an advantage.

I really think Wes was caught off guard by Pats signing Amedola on Tuesday and had no choice but choose Denver. Wes over played the hand and got bit. I hope this works out for the pats as I care more about Pats success than I do Wes's or Broncos.

Everyone assumes Peyton is QB he was a few years back... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: A thought on Wes to Denver - what if Peyton is not up to snuff

I think there's merit to Manning's arm strength.  Will it come back? 

Even if it doesn't he seemed to prove last year that it was good enough to score more points than the pats did in the playoffs vs. the ravens. 

Welker will help manning and is just replacing an older Brandon Stokely. 

Lets call it a good move by everyone.  Pats got rid of someone they didn't want and got the guy (albeit for a bit more money) they did want.  The Broncos got a better version of the guy they already had who now has a chip on his shoulder. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Even if it doesn't he seemed to prove last year that it was good enough to score more points than the pats did in the playoffs vs. the ravens. 

Lets call it a good move by everyone.  Pats got rid of someone they didn't want and got the guy (albeit for a bit more money) they did want.  The Broncos got a better version of the guy they already had who now has a chip on his shoulder. 

So now your a Broncos fan brony?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Hadn't thought of the "chip on is shoulder" but it's a real component to his performance next year. Although I think he is a very motivated human anyway - wouldn't be suprised if he has a very good year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Peytons arm strength will likely come back.. the longer he is post-op the better he will get. and the Broncos have enough really good WRs that Manning won't get enamored with WW.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots vs Broncos in AFC Championship!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

So now your a Broncos fan brony?

I am a colts fan.  But unlike some of you here, I don't hate a player the minute he leaves a team unless there's reason for it. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

new england vs denver afc title game, and wes pulls a butterfingers moment again and costs the broncos a trip to the super bowl....poetic justice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

new england vs denver afc title game, and wes pulls a butterfingers moment again and costs the broncos a trip to the super bowl....poetic justice.

lol

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Peyton's youthful arm strength will never come back.  The neck surgeries did it to him.

Peyton is a smart quarterback who can throw the dink and dunk with the best of them.  He just can't hit anything 40 yards downfield anymore.  If Wes Welker couldn't have Tom Brady, Peyton is the next best thing for him.

Denver realized that, while Peyton is still a smart quarterback who is accurate with short passes, he'll never hit another QB-only bomb in his lifetime.  Welker is the perfect receiver for Peyton at this stage in his 75 year career.  If you drop back 5 yards you only have to throw the ball 10 yards to hit Welker, who is usually wide open in New England, although the NFL is going to double him.

Welker gets 12 more million dollars, which if you have a pretty beat up body is a nice retirement fund.  At some point we need to say that he deserves to keep the money.

What if Peyton is not up to snuff?  Older quarterbacks fade quickly, and historically they all faded sooner than Peyton except for John Elway.  What if Wes is not up to snuff?  Wide receivers don't last forever, especially 5 foot 9 inch flyweights who get the absolute worst of collisions with 250 pound linebackers, like a Volkswagen bug having an argument with a semi, and Wes will be 32 in July. 

If Wes has game (he will early) and Peyton has faded, some rookie will lead Wes again and again into a big hit and soon Wes will be accused of being injured all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

You know speculation at this time last year was Peyton did not have same arm strength and this showed up in playoffs. Wes can become an easy target and not really be able to help put it in the end zone. If Peyton gets too enamored with him and focus too much I think this hurts broncos. If Peyton's arm looks as dead as it did in the playoffs then maybe Wes is not as much as an advantage.

I really think Wes was caught off guard by Pats signing Amedola on Tuesday and had no choice but choose Denver. Wes over played the hand and got bit. I hope this works out for the pats as I care more about Pats success than I do Wes's or Broncos.

Everyone assumes Peyton is QB he was a few years back... 

what if amendola plays 6 games again?