A Toast to Ben Watson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

A Toast to Ben Watson

Man I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think Ben Watson deserves a little shout out for the way he's played this year.  The guy has quietly put together a very solid year, I know the yardage #'s aren't all there but this team focused on TEs much more in '05 and '06 than they do now.  Not to mention that he has blossomed into a very good blocker, every bit as good as Dan Graham.  He's been in the right spots this year, CLEARLY Brady trusts him with the game on the line, and from what I can tell he shows up ready to work every day.  The guy got hated on alot earlier this year (i'm sure i did my fair share), but you gotta give credit where credits due.  Just my 2 cents, what do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: A Toast to Ben Watson

I concur..He should play in his contract year for the rest of his life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: A Toast to Ben Watson:
    [QUOTE]I concur..He should play in his contract year for the rest of his life.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    Valid point, tho I never got the sense he was all about the money (he did hold out in 04 tho...), I guess I should have taken into account that this was his contract year.  Either way I like how the guy's playin, contract year or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not enough people are apologizing to Ben. I was the only one who stuck up for him in the offseason. Everyone wanted Alex Smith to get the job, do you people see what Alex does in Philly?

12+83+84= Wins 

That was my original Brady bunch long before the BMW came into existence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]Not enough people are apologizing to Ben. I was the only one who stuck up for him in the offseason. Everyone wanted Alex Smith to get the job, do you people see what Alex does in Philly? 12+83+84= Wins  That was my original Brady bunch long before the BMW came into existence.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Hey 49pats ...Go sluck on Ben's toes ( if u feel u must ) but otherwise shut yur pie hole about appologizin' .
     I for one am pleased that Watson has been "doing his job " ~ something u couldn't always say about him ...Who knows , maybe Chris Baker has taken him under his wing and showed him the ropes .
       Before u go pattin' yourself on the back ... Weren't you the one who was singing Galloway and Greg Lewis' praises not too long ago ?

ps - I heard u were also a big CHAD JACKSON fan back in the corndog "Bradybunch " days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Toast to Ben Watson :  Hey 49pats ...Go sluck on Ben's toes ( if u feel u must ) but otherwise shut yur pie hole about appologizin' .  I for one am pleased that Watson has been "doing his job " ~ something u couldn't always say about him ...Who knows , maybe Chris Baker has taken him under his wing and showed him the ropes .    Before u go pattin' yourself on the back ... Weren't you the one who was singing Galloway and Greg Lewis' praises not too long ago ? ps - I heard u were also a big CHAD JACKSON fan back in the corndog "Bradybunch " days.
    Posted by CapnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I was actually a fan of the Galloway signing, not so much Lewis. But yes, I would still like an apology. The guy has more catches in one game than Baker has all year. 

I'm happy with the current Brady Bunch, I just wish we had a Brady bunch with Branch in the offense. That would be an unstoppable offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]I concur..He should play in his contract year for the rest of his life.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

That about sums it up perfectly e.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Toast to Ben Watson :  Hey 49pats ...Go sluck on Ben's toes ( if u feel u must ) but otherwise shut yur pie hole about appologizin' .  I for one am pleased that Watson has been "doing his job " ~ something u couldn't always say about him ...Who knows , maybe Chris Baker has taken him under his wing and showed him the ropes .    Before u go pattin' yourself on the back ... Weren't you the one who was singing Galloway and Greg Lewis' praises not too long ago ? ps - I heard u were also a big CHAD JACKSON fan back in the corndog "Bradybunch " days.
    Posted by CapnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can knock the guy for being excited about Chad Jackson back in the day, coming out of college the guy had game breaking talent.  Not to say he wasn't a massive bust, but I wouldn't call someone out for getting excited about a highly touted 2nd round pick...