A Wilson officially on IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: A Wilson officially on IR

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Think BB is stashig Wilson on the IR for next year?

That's funny! Now Shoo!.. NY flea

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Maybe Ebner can make the jump.  He was a ball hawk during last years camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Who were the better Safeties available at that price point?

No one ever says who it is, which is telling.  At least I nailed the Tommy Kelly one.  Nailed it cold. Even told people here he was outperforming lazy Seymour in Oakland.

Still like the approach in going after vets where you need them.  Too bad they didn't want to wait on a veteran with a hamstring tweak.

Hopefully, Tavon Wilson emerges in the big nickel and builds off of last year's solid work there.

Price point? This aint walmart russ. this is a championship caliber team with a backend that has been in shambles since Rodney retired.  We are 13m over the cap and should have ponied up soe cash for gholdson as everyone wanted. He makes a difference here. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

No one ever says who it is, which is telling.  At least I nailed the Tommy Kelly one.  Nailed it cold. Even told people here he was outperforming lazy Seymour in Oakland.

Still like the approach in going after vets where you need them.  Too bad they didn't want to wait on a veteran with a hamstring tweak.

Hopefully, Tavon Wilson emerges in the big nickel and builds off of last year's solid work there.

Bro...I try to never call anyone out but you have been in this guys j- strap since day one. i watched very very very carefully for months as you sang from the church steeple about how a.wilson was a good signing. He wasn't. It's a fact. He is old. He is slow. He is not Rodney. he just isn't good anymore. Most saw this last year. The decline was very apparent. I am not a savant    in regard to football prowess yet I saw it. somewhere deep down didnt you see this Too? wasn't this just all about being right? Or bb being right? You seem way too smart about football to have riden this horse so long and so hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And that's the whole problem.

Gotta spend money for talent that can help you win otherwise you get this happening.  Now all the good players are gone, depth is now an issue. 

This team needs a GM!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Wozzy... your thoughts on this? I know you were adamant that Wilson would be the starting SS next to McCourty, and jumped all over those who disagreed, all while presenting your opinion as an indisputable fact. 

I agreed with you, but I think you should eat some crow on this one. 

Let's go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Wozzy... your thoughts on this? I know you were adamant that Wilson would be the starting SS next to McCourty, and jumped all over those who disagreed, all while presenting your opinion as an indisputable fact. 

With every bold prediction I make, I add the addendum "health provided."  

This is the NFL; a player's season or even career can end on a single play, I certainly never claimed I could see the future.

This is a big loss, though our defensive front (our true defensive weakness) is significantly stronger than years past, and despite what the moaners will say Harmon looks like a technician at SS so he may contribute... if we can sack, the need to cover is less important.  That Collins kid could probably play some strong safety.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Bro...I try to never call anyone out but you have been in this guys j- strap since day one. i watched very very very carefully for months as you sang from the church steeple about how a.wilson was a good signing. He wasn't. It's a fact. He is old. He is slow. He is not Rodney. he just isn't good anymore. Most saw this last year. The decline was very apparent. I am not a savant    in regard to football prowess yet I saw it. somewhere deep down didnt you see this Too? wasn't this just all about being right? Or bb being right? You seem way too smart about football to have riden this horse so long and so hard.

actually no he doesn't

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm...Wilson gets what he really wanted...1 more paycheck...sitting on IR.

Could they have just cut him instead of Ird him? Just curious....cause it sounds like to me that they put him on ir, where they have to pay him, just to have him stick around and hang out in the locker room and teach the young guys.. Kind of be a coach...which is basically what they brought him in for. I wonder if they gave him the option....? Of being cut...and latching on somewhere else, or going on ir, getting a paycheck, and helping out.....interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

very disappointing.    

"Defense Wins Championships"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

With every bold prediction I make, I add the addendum "health provided."  

This is the NFL; a player's season or even career can end on a single play, I certainly never claimed I could see the future.

This is a big loss, though our defensive front (our true defensive weakness) is significantly stronger than years past, and despite what the moaners will say Harmon looks like a technician at SS so he may contribute... if we can sack, the need to cover is less important.  That Collins kid could probably play some strong safety.

[/QUOTE]

HAhA...the WOZZY Dozzy backpeddle from " Mr I can never be wrong".   Hahahahaha....ya..ok

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not sure if he's the guy who can come off. 

Umm, source please?

Very trollish lately, Prolate. Rush to post a thread, but no evidence.

[/QUOTE]

You are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times the troll he will ever be dumbkoff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another fantastic FA acquisition by the genius GM. LMAO

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I did not expect AWilson to make the team, but never thought IR?

Pats go with rookie punter to save $900k, but pay AWilson? Anyone check the $$$'s, do the Pats owe him the same $$$ regardless? 

I thought it pretty obvious Wilson did not look good this preseason. Having never seen him before, wasn't sure if he was saving himself For the season. I even posted I thought he may have been injured, that is why he was so unimpressive. But I thought his injury might have been upper body/shoulder. We never even saw a single hit by him. I saw no hammy issues at all, he played almost the entire game 3 and 4 with no hint of a leg injury.

Very odd situation, even for BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pats go with rookie punter to save $900k, but pay AWilson? Anyone check the $$$'s, do the Pats owe him the same $$$ regardless? 

Maybe. The situation could end up with a grievance from what I read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bill Belichick paid Wilson a solid on this one, instead of dumping him on the street he put him on the ir where he'll soon be getting an injury settlement...it will leave him just enough cash to purchase a Audi r8 convertible...not bad for 4 weeks of lousy football practice.

He could be designated to return and come back in a few weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

And that's the whole problem.

Gotta spend money for talent that can help you win otherwise you get this happening.  Now all the good players are gone, depth is now an issue. 

This team needs a GM!

Luckily for us, Robert Kraft is a smart guy. Belichick will remain the GM.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought it pretty obvious Wilson did not look good this preseason. Having never seen him before, wasn't sure if he was saving himself For the season. I even posted I thought he may have been injured, that is why he was so unimpressive. But I thought his injury might have been upper body/shoulder. We never even saw a single hit by him. I saw no hammy issues at all, he played almost the entire game 3 and 4 with no hint of a leg injury.

He didn't have a hamstring injury - that is the biggest line of bull crap I've ever seen coming out of Foxboro - he couldn't run well enough anymore and Belichick is paying him a solid for coming across the country. In two weeks he'll get some sort of injury settlement...probably a couple hundred thousand for him giving it a go over the summer.

Something struck me as kind of funny while listening to an interview with Mayo this summer - he was asked about Wilson - he kind of hesitated and gave a very standard reply about him...good guy, a veteran that knows defenses, I hope he can help us, sort of thing. Not a...this guy is going to be a force back there, he's big and he's going to lay the wood on someone...he's going to change things behind us. Mayo is a guy that praises a lot of guys on the defense, I thought his lack of comments were very telling that Wilson was done. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Belichick is paying him a solid

Something BB does FAR too much of.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Can I use the phrase" "Warnings were out" Wink

When they got Wilson, I cautioned everyone about assuming too much about a guy who lost snaps to James Sanders last year.  I got ridiculed by the usual suspects (Wilson would be the next Rodney Harrison, etc.), but I've observed over the years that fans tend to get both too positive and too negative about players who haven't yet touched the field for the Pats.  You can't buy the car until you kick the tires . . . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

He didn't have a hamstring injury - that is the biggest line of bull crap I've ever seen coming out of Foxboro - he couldn't run well enough anymore and Belichick is paying him a solid for coming across the country. In two weeks he'll get some sort of injury settlement...probably a couple hundred thousand for him giving it a go over the summer.

Something struck me as kind of funny while listening to an interview with Mayo this summer - he was asked about Wilson - he kind of hesitated and gave a very standard reply about him...good guy, a veteran that knows defenses, I hope he can help us, sort of thing. Not a...this guy is going to be a force back there, he's big and he's going to lay the wood on someone...he's going to change things behind us. Mayo is a guy that praises a lot of guys on the defense, I thought his lack of comments were very telling that Wilson was done. 

Look warnings were out last year ( I knew that would get a laugh out of you) by many that I respect who saw AWilson play. I did not see much of Wilson at all Last year. From what I saw this summer, I would be surprised if he is put on Designated IR, and I would be surprised if another team picks him up if the Pats pay a settlement and release him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

This thread is another JOKE. When Wilson was signed I remember the thread and almost everyone loved the sighing. Now he's IR'd I see all kinds of clowns coming on here saying "I told you so". Whats you point, no body here has said who the Pats should have signed instead. I didn't mind when they signed A Wilson, but I strongly wanted the Pats to draft Matt Elam to play SS. That was my alternative. 

You guys coming on here saying bad signing and the secondary is still weak point. Well what was your idea? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Adrian Wilson Hamstring Injury

posted at 8/31/2013 4:00 PM EDT

• tcal2-
    • First: 12/17/2010
    • Last: 9/1/2013

The Hammy is about as real as Rusty's Canadian girlfriend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

This thread is another JOKE. When Wilson was signed I remember the thread and almost everyone loved the sighing. Now he's IR'd I see all kinds of clowns coming on here saying "I told you so". Whats you point, no body here has said who the Pats should have signed instead. I didn't mind when they signed A Wilson, but I strongly wanted the Pats to draft Matt Elam to play SS. That was my alternative. 

You guys coming on here saying bad signing and the secondary is still weak point. Well what was your idea? 

lol, I hope you remember me not being thrilled with the signing and getting killed for it being told to calm down it was a good signing and they were going to clean up in the secondary market

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Rusty was leading the awilson is a brilliant signing charge. Lots of here were lukewarm on him, and lots of us here wanted bb to pony up and spend some cash to get gholdson. We were told this wasn't smart because he was too costly. So instead, we spent money on awilson, drafted twilson, Harmon and have to stick with Gregory. Not to be a negative nelly, but this is what bb does that is so frustrating. The cost of getting gholdson e first time  would have been a better option vs paying for awilson who won't play, and spending a 2nd on twilson, a 3rd on Harmon, etc ...it would have probably also taken care of the backend for a few years to come.

rkarp I think called it from the beginNing. He saw Wilson in practice, games, etc and said he wouldn't be surprised if cut. The warnings were out people.