Aaron Berry perfect fit for the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Aaron Berry perfect fit for the Jets

I have highlighted the important points.

Former Detroit Lions cornerback Aaron Berry agreed to a two-year deal with the New York Jets

Berry was suspended three games in August for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. He was arrested twice this offseason in Pennsylvania.

He was arrested in late July on three charges of simple assault. Berry, who is from Harrisburg, was also arrested in that area June 23 on suspicion of DUI, failure to stop and render aid from an accident and other counts. He was set to enter a diversionary program in that case.

Berry has been in the NFL two seasons. He started three games last season for the Lions and one in 2010.

The Jets are in dire need of cornerback help as star defensive back Darrelle Revis is likely out for the rest of the 2012 season with a torn ACL he suffered in Week 3 against the Dolphins.
    Berry

Nickel cornerback Kyle Wilson moved into Revis' starting spot on the outside in Sunday's 34-0 loss to the 49ers. The Jets even played running back Joe McKnight for some snaps at defensive back in the lopsided loss.
    The Jets have not yet put Revis on injured reserve. Coach Rex Ryan said last week the team wanted to see how his surgery went just in case there's a slim chance he could return for the playoffs, if the Jets make the postseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Aaron Berry perfect fit for the Jets

now they can go after ocho or T.O.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am always surprised by these threads and the reasons for them.

Its as if the pats never brought on or employed players of questionable character. 

Geez.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its as if the pats never brought on or employed players of questionable character. 

Geez.

[/QUOTE]

Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Brandon Meriweather, Alfonzo Denard & Donte Stallworth all think you're a liar.

[/QUOTE]
    to name a few.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Geez.

[/QUOTE]

Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Brandon Meriweather, Alfonzo Denard & Donte Stallworth all think you're a liar.

[/QUOTE]

For some reason Corey Dillon always gets mentioned in these lists. The actual fact of the amtter is that he was a team player on a really bad team... for years. He signed a second contract when management said they were serious in pursuing a championship. But they continued to be horrible. His ONLY issue came when he ahd had enough of losing and wanted out of Cincinnati. Sounds to me like the kind of guy you want. Not a trouble maker or head case at all. ANd he proved it AGAIN in NE.

Fans For Truth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Geez.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue that all teams don't do that..................but is that really what the Jets want to do right now?....they are in turmoil.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

might as well bring in Marion Berry

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Geez.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue that all teams don't do that..................but is that really what the Jets want to do right now?....they are in turmoil.

[/QUOTE]

Not a jets fan, but I'll ask this - do they really have a choice? 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the Jets are just a bad football team. Unwatchable .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Geez.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, this is the Jets. Of course every team brings in questionable people, but that isn't the point, dummy.

Are you seriously comparing the culture of the Patriots' locker room and homcreate a culture winning with the Jets neglecting it completely?

Name one mature leader on the Jets. Mangold might be the only one for crying out loud. Their team is littered with egomaniacs and punks. 

You have got to be kidding me.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  I missed the point?  I disagree with you.  I think you are embellishing the point well beyond its original comment.  You have habit of this (reading into things what you want).  the OP was making fun of the Jets taking a guy with a suspect background to fill a need.  It said nothing about the difference of cultures.  

The pats have done the exact same thing.  If he or you want to bag on team culture, have at it, but that wasn't what the original post was about.  It was about bringing in a guy with baggage.  Teams do this all of the time.  At least they didn't start the season with the guy. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

The difference is, we don't defend Stallworth's situation, but you are on  a Pats board defending Berry.

This means you're a loser.

[/QUOTE]
    There is no one on this board that embellishes topics to fit preconceived and ill conceived arguments more than you.  No one but you has brought up the difference in team cultures on this subject and no one is defending taking Berry except that they need a DB. 

It is wildly ironic how smart you think you are while so frequently proving the opposite. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The guy's personal history is a mess but as far as a player on the field I think it is a good move for them.  Really the only move for them at this point.  They may have to hire a parole officer also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

how did you not mention fat albert...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

No, no, no. YOU missed the point.

The Jets have a horrendous locker room and leadership problems and this is another bad decision by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan, so we like to make fun of that. Get it?

If NE brings in a Moss, a Dillon or any player with concerns, the philosophy is clear: get in line or you're gone and guess what? It works!

The Jets? It doesn't work.

Do we really need to spell al this out for you, troll? You just love to argue so you can get attention.

[/QUOTE]

Wrongo Keeb. 

I wasn't responding to YOUR point (which was not the topic of this thread).  I was responding to the OP's point, and I was spot on.  I grant you that your mind plays tricks on you in that fantasy land that exists behind your eyes, but the original post said nothing about culture. 

I can't help that you don't get it.  That you only choose to discuss what you want to discuss.  That you wish to turn all conversations in the your subject matter - relevant to the the thread or not. 

As screwed up as your reality is, it reminds me of the public service commercial when I was a kid that showed a hot frying pan, then an egg (this is your brain).  they cracked the egg into the hot frying pan (this is rusty's brain).  Russ you were famous way back then.