Aaron Hernandez...???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Aaron Hernandez...???

Where the hell was Aaron Hernandez last night?  I know they ran the 2 TE set a lot, but even when they split 5 out, he was absent. I really only saw him on the field for 2 plays. (and the defensive play). Was he on the field and I just didn't notice? Or do you think having him on the sideline was a BB strategy? Apparently he was targeted twice but I have no recollection of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez...???

i think bb felt gronk was the better match up because of his size

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Hernandez...???:
    [QUOTE]i think bb felt gronk was the better match up because of his size
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

I think Hernandez always presents some sort of mismatch no matter who D's him up......I would put my money on a bad week of practice w/him after his best game. Lack of focus? I really didn't see him on the feild often..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

gameplanning...Hernandez didn't match up too well, so they went with Gronk and Crump for most of the game. It worked. 

Expect to see a healthy dose of both next week, although I would imagine we might see Gronk more than Hernandez next week because we'll need some help on Freeney and Mathis. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Probably due to the fact Gronk is more versatile than Hern. With Hern you know it's a pass. With Gronk, you just don't know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I think the problem is that Hern is a Slot WR who occasionally runs TE plays. The only person coming off the field when Hern comes on is Welker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Just the game plan.  Hernandez will be big against Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

I'm not worried cause we're gonna see him plenty next week......
    Both of these TE's and Alge are going to be earning their bacon
    with Freeney and Matthis on the field...

Gronk is a beast though.....
    Brady certainly gave him the opportunity to redeem himself after last week's stinker....

Pretty simple I think....Catch it and he's keep throwing it to you....
    Drop a few a few and  you'll turn into a ghost pdq....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, I think all 3 TE's will see significant action next week. I would like to see Hernandez used outside the slot more often, or run 2 slot WR's with Hernandez and Wes....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I agree with the game planning theory.  The Steelers are a pass-rushing team, and BB probably felt that Crumpler and Gronk would provide better blocking than Hernandez.  That's why he was the third TE last night.