Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's a big baby?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's a big baby?

He mocked the press for wondering whether or not the team would be ok after not doing lockout workouts.  I realize thats no big deal, but then in the games when he scores a touchdown he does this thing where he acts like a boxer putting on his champion's belt. 

With a little trash talk he might reach Philip Rivers realm.  Gotta believe there are some defensive players out there that would like to do nothing more than put him out for a game or two. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant?

You can get away with it when you back it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Does it matter?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

They say it ain't bragging if you back it up! While I like the aw shucks humble approach of Manning and Brady...Rodgers plays in a market that loves their QB's to be brash, remember he learned from the gunslinger himself Brett Favre.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant?:
    He mocked the press for wondering whether or not the team would be ok after not doing lockout workouts.  I realize thats no big deal, but then in the games when he scores a touchdown he does this thing where he acts like a boxer putting on his champion's belt.  With a little trash talk he might reach Philip Rivers realm.  Gotta believe there are some defensive players out there that would like to do nothing more than put him out for a game or two. 
    Posted by UD6

The Colts may not win a game this year while they could win them all. He can do whatever he pleases. He wouldn't being doing it if he were losing and not in Packer Stadium.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

While I find Rodgers' celebration technique juvenile, I've got no problem with him running his mouth. The more people he p*sses off, the more likely he is to get bounced on his head repeatedly, and I am heartily in favor of that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant?:
    He mocked the press for wondering whether or not the team would be ok after not doing lockout workouts.  I realize thats no big deal, but then in the games when he scores a touchdown he does this thing where he acts like a boxer putting on his champion's belt.  With a little trash talk he might reach Philip Rivers realm.  Gotta believe there are some defensive players out there that would like to do nothing more than put him out for a game or two. 
    Posted by UD6

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Now, is there JEALOUSY creeping into your tone? Could it be that your suffering as a fan of a now-miserable team, embarking on a soon to be equally miserable season of pre-Horse Face proportions be eating away at you? Uncomfortable in that the Dolts didn't take care of business sufficiently to have Painter, or the Rental Of The Month step in to produce wins, despite Horse face's absense? 

Must be just eating away at you, festering away week after week, knowing there is no way out for you. Now, just why is this activity by Rogers bothering you? After all, the Dolts don't get to lose to, er, PLAY the Packers this season. Is it that Horse Face's career may be over, and you have NO viable alternative other than losing seasons to get into position to draqft the Next Biggest Thing (possibly tank the season for a chance at Luck?)

Do you also have a problem with folks who have lint on their outer clothing? How do you feel about dandruff flakes? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I have no problem with Rodgers.  He's humble when it comes to deflecting credit to his teammates, he plays the game hard and the right way, and his touchdown dance is just for fun.  In terms of mocking the media, how many players around the league run their mouth nonstop?  Rodgers isn't close to that level.  Obviously Brady is the best but anyone who wouldn't be happy with Rodgers running their team for the next 10 years is out of their mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

its tough when your life's hero is just a shadow of his physical self...(not even metioning his now realistic comparison to trent dilpher... and not comparible to the true elite qbs)

now having said that rogers is pretty cocky...but i guess he has been overlooked for most of his career so he probably figures hes earned it now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Nope!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really doesn't matter how he is in GB to me... but..

Could it be he is starting to read the headlines about himself?  Some pundits have starting to put him up there, if not above, Manning and Peyton this year!  He is on a roll... let's see it last 10 - 12 years then we can talk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant?:
    You can get away with it when you back it up.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

This.  Honestly the championship belt thing is pretty tame and having some fun with the media really doesn't seem like that big of a deal.  I haven't seen anything that is that over the top and the fact is he is an assassin right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think he's gotten pretty cocky. To an extent he has earned to right to be, he is very good, but he also has a better supporting cast then Brady, Brees, Rivers, or maybe even Manning have ever had. Greg Jennings is an absolute beast, Jordy Nelson is looking top notch as well, Donald Driver is a smart, seasoned veteran, James Jones can fly, and Jermichael Finley is playing like a top 5 TE. Throw in this Randall Cobb kid, who looks like a steal, and he gets plenty of help, he has never carried his team like the guys I listed above have.

People go on about how he led them to the promised land with so many injuries, fact is he still had the best WR group in th NFL by a large margin. They would have been in the Super Bowl the year before he arrived if not for a Favre choke, then he leads them to 6-10 his first year I believe. He's good, but experts are acting like he is the second coming of Christ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I just hope he doesn't do the championship belt thing like 6 times when we play him in the SB this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I missed it ... where is the quote?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Don't care. He's coming off a SB and he's the best in the game right now along with Brady. Maybe the Pats will face him in February ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The guy is arguable the best QB today.. him or Tom take your pick.... he can do what he wants as far as I am concerned. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

BTW screw the media, politics, and all spin.... anyone should be arrogant towards those types.  Why not? I say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]He mocked the media because the media needs mocking everyday all day. More QB's should mock the media for being the slime that they are. Rodgers is a humble guy from everything i know about him. The Championship belt thing? Are you kidding me? That makes him arrogant? What the Jets do and say is arrogant. I like the way Phillip Rivers does what he does. I want that kind of player, if I was a starting NFL QB I would talk sh*t too. Rodgers made fun of the media for being morons which was GREAT. Other then that you got nothing. Could it be that maybe an INdy fan does not like that Rodgers is being called the best? And that Manning is barely even in the conversation right now.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    You might think that Tas, but its not the case.  The "manning is the best today" ship sailed when the surgery happened.  We'll see how he is when/if he comes back, but I believe his surgery will at least limit him a little. 

No, my feelings (and I realize they are nitpicking) exist because for whatever reason QB's have historically (it seems) operated in a manner like they "have been there" before when they succeed.  I suppose I just find some gestures more bothersome than others. 

The champion belt thing is something I'd expect from a receiver.  Guess I'll have to start changing my perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

he's a beast, what does it matter. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

i actually agree with underdoggggg(g) - i'm gonna go throw up now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant? : Well that was actually completely off the mark.  Age is a bytch.  Hopefully your body is still strong. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Typical respose that mirrors your team.... weak at best.
    Enjoy another loss tonight! You MAY have a chance in the next two weeks, though (KC and Cincy). I'm sure we'll be hearing about how great those wins were, IF...... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant? : Typical respose that mirrors your team.... weak at best. Enjoy another loss tonight! You MAY have a chance in the next two weeks, though (KC and Cincy). I'm sure we'll be hearing about how great those wins were, IF...... 
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

ok - I'll agree.  But how in the world could I have ever been more strong than a "ROFLMFAO!!!!" take from a senior citizen?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers - Anyone else think he's incredibly arrogant? : ok - I'll agree.  But how in the world could I have ever been more strong than a "ROFLMFAO!!!!" take from a senior citizen?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

1) I'm NOT a "senior citizen". I've been around longer than most folks on this board, only because I saw games at BU and Fenway. 

2) My opening sums it all up. You're team (ergo YOU) should have no concern on just what Rogers does, how he plays, OR his successes until such time you go head-to-head with him. So, why the griping? PLUS, he plays in the NFC, where you get to play him once every 4 years (regular season; please refer to your playoff "successes").

It only leads to one HUGE, glaring conclusion: Envy. Dogg, you hit my funny bone straight on with a crushing blow this morning.