Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?

I thought last night would be his arrival and for the most part he didn't disappoint.  He's absurdly accurate, but can also make plays with his feet.  To think if his receivers could hang onto a pass - Donald Driver's injury hurt in that regard.  He's always been a 65-67% passer and he's carried that team at times because they only have that high school running formation and a 3rd string RB.

Do you think he's a top tier QB now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?

I didn't think he'd ever make it to the top tier, but I think this season he's been impressive.  He's at least the equal of Brees, I think.  Brady and Manning are still tops--mostly because they've done it consistently for years--but Rodgers is right there knocking on the door.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I voted yes.

I was impressed when he played his first preseason game in Dallas in 2006 and was ridiculed because it was preseason.

People always say "it's preseason", but you can tell how the QB runs the offense if he's going to make it or not. 

He reminds me of Brady, really.

Calm, great mechanics, humble, leader, good character, appears to have the drive to want to get better.

He's the opposite of a Jay Cutler or Mark Sanchez type. 

The next guy in line who I can totally see making a SB run is Matt Ryan. I think Rodgers is a little better, but those two are very similar.

Ted Thompson gets the last laugh and Brett Favre will be mowing his lawn in Mississippi in about a month texting Jen Sterger.

It took Brees a while because of the team he played on.  SD wasn't quite ready yet and then he was left for dead, but I always felt Brees was ready to be a top tier QB.

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Manning
    Rivers

This is my top 5 heading into 2011.

6-10 is Ryan, Roethlisberger, Cassel, Vick, Cutler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?:
    [QUOTE]I thought last night would be his arrival and for the most part he didn't disappoint.  He's absurdly accurate, but can also make plays with his feet.  To think if his receivers could hang onto a pass - Donald Driver's injury hurt in that regard.  He's always been a 65-67% passer and he's carried that team at times because they only have that high school running formation and a 3rd string RB. Do you think he's a top tier QB now?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Very good but not top tier yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?:
    [QUOTE]I think so, if he wins a few more then he will really be in that league. But right now he is as good if not better then Drew Brees and I consider Brees to be very good so thats a good thing.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Are you nuts? They won 1 Super Bowl. Get a life

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

H E double toothpicks NO! I don't get it! I don't see It! I really dont know what all the hoopla is about.  No way Rodgers is there yet.  A few more of these type of seasons then yes, but as of now no, not yet!  They gotta prove it year in and year out for the next few season in order to be mentioned as a great team and a great QB!

Seriously, I never thought they were really impressive this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?:
    [QUOTE]...Rodgers Brady Brees Manning Rivers This is my top 5 heading into 2011. 6-10 is Ryan, Roethlisberger, Cassel, Vick, Cutler.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'm with you until Cutler. Nothing to do with the NFCCG, but I just don't think he belongs in that company. I suppose the problem is if not him, who? I'd rather roll with Eli or Romo than Cutler if it was my team. Palmer is a close call, and Bradford will pass him some day soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He has to be teetering at 10ish, though. He led them to an NFC title game.

I put Sanchez behind Cutler.   Sanchez is a poor man's Cutler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Not yet, winning a SB doesn't push you into the elite bracket.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I believe they were calling the sightly more retarded Manning elite after the 2007 Super Bowl.  Funny how the talking heads are always so eager to give QB's titles. 

Maybe it's as simple as him just playing in a shitty division and in a Super Bowl against a team that gave hit 21 points including a fumble on what would of been the game winning drive at the 30.

Let's have a few years of consistency before we anoint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

After his first two or three seasons, did folks place Brady in the top echelon so fast?  One SB win and he is suddenly top echelon?  Let's see a track record first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]HSanchez is a poor man's Cutler.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Ooohh . . . now that's heartless.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There's been a rush to judgment on Rodgers because the media is lusting after someone -- anyone -- they can anoint as the league's next Manning or Brady. He's a good quarterback . . .   and a good story, having both successfully filled the shoes of the Human Turnover, and done so after having falling precipitously in the draft, but I agree with those who would like to see a little more consistency out of him (and answer the injury question). The Packers went on a nice little six-game run, but I don't think we should be getting carried away.

Let's not forget, they needed three turnovers to squeak by a Steelers team that was lucky to be in the Super Bowl itself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Brees threw 22 picks last season.
    thats not elite.

there are 4 elite QBs in the NFL right now.

Brady
    P. Manning
    Rodgers
    Rivers

the rest are not elite.
    Brees is hella good, but hes not elite.  hes with big ben at the second level, maybe vick too.

then id put Freeman Flacco, Cassel and Ryan at the third tier, possibly a Bradford sighting there too

below those guys i put Eli Manning [35 turnovers last season], cutler, sanchez in the decent starter and barely franchise QB material.  [schaub is here too] and [Kolb has the potential to be here as well]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I voted no, too early to tell but then no real criteria were provided.  Wouldn't Rapistberger have to be included?  He's got two rings and has been three times, doesn't that put him in this elite company?  Brees has won one Stupid bowl and really did not have a stellar season this year, so he's in the good pack with the likes of Ryan in Atlanta and Rivers in San Diego..  Manning and Brady are Manning and Brady, the class of the league.  No, Aaron Rogers is a good Q.B..   Lets see what happens in the future before we move him into the HOF.  Please?

BTW, I am not interested in a bunch numbers known as stats. My criteria would be, how many years in the league, trips to the play-offs and the win loss record there, trips to the real show and the win loss record there. Rogers isn't in the elite category yet, he just isn't. He may never get back to the real show. We will see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]There's been a rush to judgment on Rodgers because the media is lusting after someone -- anyone -- they can anoint as the league's next Manning or Brady. He's a good quarterback . . .   and a good story, having both successfully filled the shoes of the Human Turnover, and done so after having falling precipitously in the draft, but I agree with those who would like to see a little more consistency out of him (and answer the injury question). The Packers went on a nice little six-game run, but I don't think we should be getting carried away. Let's not forget, they needed three turnovers to squeak by a Steelers team that was lucky to be in the Super Bowl itself.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

Accurate assessment.

The media loves to get some fresh hype. It's why they needed Spygate to turn NE into the devil.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now? : What happened to your big conspiracy? Thought Pittsburgh was supposed to win?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]Hey look at you!! Yeah I guess I was way off huh? Way off that the Patriots would lose to the Jets, the Jets would lose to Pittsburgh and the Super Bowl would be between Pittsburgh and Greenbay.

Pittsburgh didnt win the Super Bowl but the initial effect of making Big Ben a hero in his home city and the team was achieved. The spin doctors turned a negative situation into a storybook ending.    Now you can sit there and go back to your fantasy world where things like this happening are impossibe,.
    The NFL, WWE, and your wife are all happy to see men like you that have no clue how the real world operates.  Go back to sleep Peter Pan!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now? : [QUOTE]I believe they were calling the sightly more retarded Manning elite after the 2007 Super Bowl.  Funny how the talking heads are always so eager to give QB's titles.  Maybe it's as simple as him just playing in a shitty division and in a Super Bowl against a team that gave hit 21 points including a fumble on what would of been the game winning drive at the 30. Let's have a few years of consistency before we anoint. WRONG! no one ever said Eli was "elite" after SB 42 so I don't know who "they" are or where you heard that from. Not even Ginas fans here in NY said that. Hell, some thought the jury was still out AFTER the game. BTW, you sound like yet another Pats whiner who overreacts when Tom Golden Boy isn't given all the praise and told he walks on water. Rodgers is very talented and has a ring at 26 with a good team/organization around him. Of course, if he won 8 in a row you'd still say Tom Golden is better. And he replaced a legend who owned the city to boot...not drew bledsoe.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

please explain? cause I'm a "GINA" fan too...are we talking about the same thing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

My early prediction for the next elite QB, not that I think he is there, nor will he be for a little while is:
    Josh Freeman in TB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd say he is, he's had three very very good years in a row now, plus the Super Bowl victory. I think ther will always be guys ruitinely brought into the Brady/Manning club...but do they have one year memberships or can they hang? You got to love how Brady and Manning have sustained all these years at the level they have, but put Rodgers there for now. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

still a one year deal like brees last year. for this year and right now, he is top echelon! if he slips as bree sdid, he will not be and could just be another  one year top 3 wonder along with rivers 2 years ago, carson palmer 4 years ago and so forth. fact is what makes manning and brady great is the longetivity and the different tests they have gone thru. so far noone has held #3 for a long time, lets c if rodgers can stay healthy and effective! if rivers makes  a move, could be #3 too! i know manning and peyton will be there, lets c! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donk3. Show donk3's posts

Aaron Rogers is on his way as being THE guy.  He looks so comfortable back there and seems to have a blast playing the game.  Why can't he be one of the elite?  There's plenty of room at the top.  I personally want to see him excell so the media say "Bret who?"  Rogers comes in after the most over rated player in NFL history and is doing nothing but making plays.  #4 would never sacrifice his stats for the good of the team and Rogers seems to be a team first guy.  I will always be a Pats fan, but I am also a football fan and give a guy credit for being a great player.  I am not saying Rogers is great yet, but he has the potential to be great. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj121212. Show brughj121212's posts

He is elite just like Brees but noone is on Brady/Manning level 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Aaron Rodgers: in the top echelon of QBs with Brady, Brees, & Manning now?:
    [QUOTE]I thought last night would be his arrival and for the most part he didn't disappoint.  He's absurdly accurate, but can also make plays with his feet.  To think if his receivers could hang onto a pass - Donald Driver's injury hurt in that regard.  He's always been a 65-67% passer and he's carried that team at times because they only have that high school running formation and a 3rd string RB. Do you think he's a top tier QB now?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    you need to remove Manning and add Rivers