Aaron Schobel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Aaron Schobel

He is holding out, talking of retirement, the Bills are going nowhere for a few years and could use a draft pick, 32 years old, Combine numbers 6'4", 268. Has played in a 4-3, but he is a great player. Can he play OLB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Re: Aaron Schobel

Of course he can play linebacker! He's one of the best edge rushers in the league. He'd be a beastly 3-4 OLB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He has an injury to his neck or back. In either case if he's healthy he'ld be a good addition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

We wouldn't need him to play OLB. He could be a huge contributor as a DE in sub formations and the 4-3. If he can play OLB then that would be great, but he doesn't have to be able to play OLB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Sign him anyway then he won't be able to pick off brady anymore!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I've been following him for a while because he's been so good for so long. He obviously isn't going to win this year in Buffalo so he could give it a go for one year in NE. However, NE isn't a lock for the SB either so he'll probably retire if he doesn't play for Buffalo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If he's healthy, yes, he would be an interesting addition, but one I would pass on. The problem is, I think we have too many sub package DE/OLB types in TBC, Burgess, Ninkovich and possibly Cunningham now. Unless this guy can play all 3 downs at OLB, I don't see him as getting many reps in sub packages unless we jettison some of the above named guys. personally speaking, I would rather have TBC in that role, and hope Crable, Cunningham or others step up to play the OLB position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Burgess and Banta Cain are allready 4-3 DE's

Banta Cain is much better now in the 3-4 than he was but he is not great.

adding this guy will would be great if Burgess was released late in pre season but considering how long it took Burgess to come around I seriously doubt they add an inexperience elder defenseman with out a winning pedigree to the roster.

if they add someone it should be someone who is durrable and comes from a winning program

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Schobel is still pretty awesome and makes a lot of freak plays out there that make you shake your head. Send him over but that's assuming Buffalo would want us to have him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

If Aaron is available at anytime soon - and the Pats don't try to add him, shame on the Pats.  We'll see - but he would be a great addition to the pats D! He would be the OLB / Pass Rusher this D needs on a consistent basis!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

of course it would be great to add him (if he's healthy and motivated to play, which i believe are both question marks), but how do you propose we get this done? i see a lot of talk on here about good players who are holding out or are not in their OTA's or whatever, and everyone yells "go sign him"! but he's not an UFA so i'm not sure how this makes sense.