Abraham Rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Abraham Rumors

This guy's "sources" might be as reliable as CC, but he is saying we are the favorites to land Abe.  I hope it gets done.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/4/29/4282234/rumor-patriots-likely-to-land-veteran-john-abraham

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Abraham Rumors

May be no room for Abe now...  :)

Is he gonna be a late camp addition who isnt asked to practice?  I would think that boat has sailed unless some sort of arangement

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

I am in the building today, as are most of the local media. There is zero conversation about this amongst the media...zero. Not to say it wont happen, but nothing discussed.

The person who knows Abe the best is Cimini. He says Abe 50% will retire...40% will return to the Falcons...10% will sign with another team...

Just another opinion

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Rkarp1's comment:

I am in the building today, as are most of the local media. There is zero conversation about this amongst the media...zero. Not to say it wont happen, but nothing discussed.

The person who knows Abe the best is Cimini. He says Abe 50% will retire...40% will return to the Falcons...10% will sign with another team...

Just another opinion

That sounds about right...the guy is 35 after all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If it can be done for depth and experience, I'd be okay. What's the harm in increasing competition for training camp?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd take him, rookies can be highly inconsistent. Don't want to rely on them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

hope so!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

If it can be done for depth and experience, I'd be okay. What's the harm in increasing competition for training camp?

I think the problem with that theory is that he won't want to do a whole camp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

no, the problem is the Harrison contract. He signed for 2/$4.5 and if that is the maret for Abes or Freeney it might simply not be worth playing this year and putting the body thru the rigor.

If he does, ATL is home at least

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting to see if the Pats do sign him, when they do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brant is pretty high on Grissom who we may have signed.  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

IMO now we look at camp cuts and UDFA'S we have what we have.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

no, the problem is the Harrison contract. He signed for 2/$4.5 and if that is the maret for Abes or Freeney it might simply not be worth playing this year and putting the body thru the rigor.

Always a question with older players, but most of them are more interested in staying in the game than in the money. When we got Waters, he certainly wasn't chasing the big bucks the first year, but by year two - the commute from TX to Boston became more important than the game or the money. Most of these guys are forced into retirement, the ones that still have enough skill to play when they leave are very rare.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

I'd be surprised to see him signed or even invited to camp by BB.  However BB is his own man it seems and often does what's least expected.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I won't speak for Freeney, but Abes put up 10 sacks and forced 6 fumbles on arguably one of the least talented defensive lines in the league.  Seriously look at the Falcons depth chart and tell me who else on that line isn't a JAG.  His numbers were far superior to Harrison and he had less help imo.  Plus they do play different positions.  He might be able to command a bit more money than that (although I have no idea what price tag BB has put on him).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I won't speak for Freeney, but Abes put up 10 sacks and forced 7 fumbles on arguably one of the least talented defensive lines in the league.  Seriously look at the Falcons depth chart and tell me who else on that line isn't a JAG.  His numbers were far superior to Harrison and he had less help imo.  Plus they do play different positions.  He might be able to command a bit more money than that (although I have no idea what price tag BB has put on him).

I doubt today with the cap number where it is, and the injuries they have (Gronk, Ballard, Hernandez) making Fells not yet released, that Pats would go 1/$2M for Abes.

I am actually pretty content where they are at DE...it is DT that I think they need another body (I still think Armstead is on the end, not tackle)