Accolades for your favorite GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Accolades for your favorite GM

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/football-best-gm-business-sports-nfl-football-valuations-10-managers.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Accolades for your favorite GM

Right but look at the end result from his days in Buffalo and Indianapolis. What does all this really mean if you don't win it all? And not only do you fail to win it all but you fail that many times?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phizzeldickus. Show Phizzeldickus's posts

In Response to Accolades for your favorite GM:
    [QUOTE]http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/football-best-gm-business-sports-nfl-football-valuations-10-managers.html
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]
    May I jump in and comment here? Well yes, Im new from Philidelphia Pa and I can say this is a very good post indeed. I can testify as a fan from Philadelphia that the ownership there has a great fan base but treats them very poorly. New England has what it seems a great ownership that cares about its fans, and lets be honest shall we?, this is a business and nothing more. The better team owners treat the fans the more capital it will create for themselves and the team. This goes back to the simple addage of Sir Sheldon Von Papsmear who said, "Give them what they want, give them what they desire and I shall own their hearts!" Of course he was talking about Greeks but the same  can be said for anyone seeking entertainment. Humans are a culture based on being entertained and will pay most unusual prices for this luxury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Accolades for your favorite GM:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Accolades for your favorite GM : May I jump in and comment here? Well yes, Im new from Philidelphia Pa and I can say this is a very good post indeed. I can testify as a fan from Philadelphia that the ownership there has a great fan base but treats them very poorly. New England has what it seems a great ownership that cares about its fans, and lets be honest shall we?, this is a business and nothing more. The better team owners treat the fans the more capital it will create for themselves and the team. This goes back to the simple addage of Sir Sheldon Von Papsmear who said, "Give them what they want, give them what they desire and I shall own their hearts!" Of course he was talking about Greeks but the same  can be said for anyone seeking entertainment. Humans are a culture based on being entertained and will pay most unusual prices for this luxury.
    Posted by Phizzeldickus[/QUOTE]

One day, perhaps you'll hit on one of these bits that is mildly amusing or even marginally entertaining.

This one ain't it.

Personaly, I liked the fake union organizer bit the best.

He was dumber than a box of rocks, but at least he was a loudmouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Accolades for your favorite GM:
    [QUOTE]Give me BB over Polian. BB has been a GM for 10 years and has 4 SB appearances and 3 wins. Polian has been one since 1986 and has 6 SB appearances and one win. I am pretty sure BB's % is much higher and this data proves one does more with less and does it better. Thanks for playing today.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I don't think that BB holds the GM title.  He runs everything but the GM title goes to someone else.  That's why Pioli is mentioned and not Belichick.

You have to give Polian a nod.  I know you hate the SOB so this probably won't happen.  Indy has been very consistant in winning their division and getting into the playoffs for a pretty good stretch of time which is what the article is based on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think when you break it down Polian is the only one doing his job over there. They've been to the playoffs almost ever year, and they're at the bottom of the payroll list so if you're an owner he's a great GM.

The problem is he needs to get rid of Manning so they can actually have a chance at a SB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Are the Celtic's playing tonight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Accolades for your favorite GM: Polian is a doochebag.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Accolades for your favorite GM : I don't think that BB holds the GM title.  He runs everything but the GM title goes to someone else.  That's why Pioli is mentioned and not Belichick. You have to give Polian a nod.  I know you hate the SOB so this probably won't happen.  Indy has been very consistant in winning their division and getting into the playoffs for a pretty good stretch of time which is what the article is based on. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Polian can have Best GM if he wants.

I'm happier with the Pats taking Best Franchise.

Again, in NE, it's not about individuals, it's about the TEAM.

So go whine to the competition commitee, cut that meat, and shoot to kill Indy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Polian is definitely the best at building the second best. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I actually think Polian is a good GM.  He does what he can for his team.  I don't know how involved he is in the losing on purpose thing, (I just don't think its a good idea) but either way, he gets the job done.  Including bending the rules his way.  Thats fine, maybe it is an overlooked part of BB's plan.  If we can get Jeff Fisher OFF the rules committee maybe we can get on there.  We should be on it, we are a league leading team.  My hatred of the Colts is as a collective whole, not as individual parts.  Well, a little bit of hatred for individual parts, but it's not like they are the Jets or Steelers or anything.