A.D. goin to the Jets!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

A.D. goin to the Jets!

Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2251

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: A.D. goin to the Jets!

In Response to A.D. goin to the Jets!:
    Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked! http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2251
    Posted by BBRULES23

Oh so now you know more about where AD is going than the guy who won us three Super Bowls?  I guess Kraft oughta be getting his news updates from you.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets!:
    Were you asleep the last two seasons? Worry about?  I am in tears watching the Jets destroy themselves move by move.
    Posted by russgriswold

The Jets went to the AFC champ game, The Pats got embarrassed in Gillette in rd one.  The Pats only one the east by one game, now the Jets are a much better team than last year's Jets.  Let's try to deal with reality here!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Reality is Indy laid down for NY as did Cincy and that was an 8-8 team at best. And rookie QBs always regress in their second year, especially with AFC Champion T-Shirts already printed. "Went to the AFC title game"?  Really? Sure about that?  You sure they weren't handed 2 games to avoid going 7-9?  Gee, if you have the #1 rush offense and D was is your QB so bad (12 TDs and 20 Ints)?  That's pretty awful. At one point they lost 6 games in a row. They were lucky to even get past SD. Beating an injured Cincy team is nothing to write home about either. There seems to a lot of discontent int he locker room in NY too.   Read up, son. It's a mirage. They had an awful draft, lost a lot of key players that were part of building towards a better team this year. A lot of those players are now gone. Pats will run it right at Devito at DE, Taylor at OLB and Cromartie.  Poorly, poorly built team.
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't know dude. It's nice to be jingoistic and say that Jets will implode and we will prevail. The fact is, we don't know if that will happen. They have added some serious talent, who can produce at high level, or go bust. I do hope they go bust, but I was also hoping for superbowl last year. So, we can just 'hope' that the locker room in NYJ gets corroded by adding such 'questionable' talent, but I think we are hoping too much. Rex is a good coach and knows how to handle his ship. He can get production out of AD, and other players. Our players fit to the scheme (like AD being used as MLB), but Rex typically tries to fit the scheme to player's strength (like putting Gholston as DE). So he might get some production out of all these players. So I am pretty cautious about calling them dead.

Before you guys start rambling that I am NYJ fan, want to declare that I've been a NE season ticket holder for last 5 years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rules23-  Why are you such an angry Patriots "fan"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

cant wait to see him throw a fit when he doesnt crack the starting lineup! adding this guy to the locker room is going to be great...if you're a pats fan. pkus he's just not that good of a player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked! http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2251
    Posted by BBRULES23

why you always so negative. AD is a malcontent. the jests are last thing alot of us are worried about. they have 4 months to get some kind of team chemistry together. that will not be that good, two teams laid down for them to get to the playoffs, pretty simple

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

just because AD did squat with us,dosent mean he wont come back and bite us in the azz.last i checked the jets went to the championship game while we enjoyed watching it[ sarcasim] while our team lossed in the first round.and no knowbody laid down for anyone.if we start saying this how many will say it about us in the past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

just because AD did squat with us,dosent mean he wont come back and bite us in the azz.last i checked the jets went to the championship game while we enjoyed watching it while our team lossed in the first round.and no knowbody laid down for anyone.if we start saying this how many will say it about us in the past.
    Posted by mosseffectredux

may I ask what the Jets have done that inspires your confidence in them? Serious question, not trying to be a know it all

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

besides them going to the championship game with a rookie QB,that now has a year under his belt,add another great receiver.add players on there no.1 ranked defense.sure we added holt,and crumpler.but no one on the defense side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : I seriously doubt any team laid down as you say for the NY Jets.Posted by Wendylee03

i guess you didn't see the same game we saw, when all the indy fans starting booing and the colts threw away their chance for an undefeated season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

so does that mean the two games they played in the playoffs before the championship game were laid down games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

besides them going to the championship game with a rookie QB,that now has a year under his belt,add another great receiver.add players on there no.1 ranked defense.sure we added holt,and crumpler.but no one on the defense side.

Not expecting to change your mind, but Santonio had all of 5 touchdowns last year, I'm hesitant to call that "great".  Their running game has taken a clear step backwards, and as with all things in the NFL, teams adjust, everyone knows what the Jets try to do on defense...Not saying it's a bad unit, far from it, but I think the Pats will handle it FAR better this season...The Pats pass rush concerns are legit

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

im not saying we cant contend.but our defense has to play lights out against key teams.we cant give QB,s all day to just pick us apart.on paper out side what they already had on there team,they look real solid.the only diffrence i see on the pats is Holt and crumpler.this is out side of me hopeing like H.LL our 1st and 2nd year players step up and surprise,but that remains to be seen.it would be nice to see an addition to the defense that has a nice resume.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I think he'd be a good fit for the Jets. I don't like the Jets, and I don't like A.D either.....perfect. He brings nothing to the table for the Pats.....so it makes no sense to hang onto him. I hope the Jets sign him to a 3-4 year contract...let him be their problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

im not saying we cant contend.but our defense has to play lights out against key teams.we cant give QB,s all day to just pick us apart.on paper out side what they already had on there team,they look real solid.the only diffrence i see on the pats is Holt and crumpler.this is out side of me hopeing like H.LL our 1st and 2nd year players step up and surprise.

I think your underestimating the potential impact of the rooks this year, Gronkowski and Hernandez seem tailor made for Jets games, with Gronk you get the physical presence to keep Brady clean, and Hernandez flying down the seam takes away another free rusher.  They are rookies, and I could be totally wrong, but a little healthy optimism doesn't seem unwarranted  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

im not saying we cant contend.but our defense has to play lights out against key teams.we cant give QB,s all day to just pick us apart.Posted by mosseffectredux

You're right, and A.D. was part of the reason why this kept happening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

In Response to Re: A.D. goin to the Jets! : You're right, and A.D. was part of the reason why this kept happening.
    Posted by tmot1234

I agree he was one part of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Thomas was a bad match here, but that doesn't mean he'll be a bad match in every system.  He played well for us in 2007 (playing ILB) and for the Ravens before then.  I just think he wasn't able or wasn't willing to do what BB expects of an OLB and that led to tension between him and the coach.  I don't know for sure because I'm not coaching him obviously, but I suspect Thomas is the kind of player who needs to be let loose and not play disciplined or make complex reads.  I think BB wanted him to play a more mental game and that didn't suit his style.  If AD goes to the Jets, I bet Ryan lets him just tee off on the QB . . . and suddenly he'll be a terror as a pass rusher again, but probably won't be much else.  BB maybe should have used him that way too, but BB believes in team defense and wants guys who can make reads and change up what they do based on what the offense is doing rather than just charge forward with one task.  AD has all the physical talent we need at OLB, but I think his style of play and BB's just were like water and oil.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

A.D. is a second tier player , we expected way too much from him. Hes not the guy whos going to carry your team , like a Ray Lewis/Ed Reed. Hes a guy who thrives off of players like that and in return this allows him to do what he does. If he does go to the jets their not going to ask him to be "the man" , just play within their system and make some plays. Seriously this wasnt hard to predict , I saw it coming and so did everyone else. Forget about me , just look at any article written around the time he came here , I remember one from S.I. It was from their season preveiw magazine , players spoke off the record saying he wasnt the guy that everyone thinks he is etc. In terms of the jets I dont know how anyone can say they havent got better , besides losing Jones , what else has hurt them? Ranking on Sanchez makes you look like an idiot , the kid was a rookie! And theres no debate about the fact that he played much better in the playoffs. He already throws the ball on the run as well as anyone in the league and now he has some serious weapons around him. Edwards , Holmes , J.C. , Keller , and it really doesnt matter who the RB is , anyone can run behind that o-line. Cmon you should know that if your a real football fan! Theres also no debate that the 'fins got better as well. Listen the division will be tough this year , not to mention we have one of the hardest schedules in the league. So what , its not going to be a cake walk to the SB , big deal. Stop the bitchin , you guys sound like gurls! At least deal w/ the fact and fact is both the jets/'fins have got better on paper , I think both will be much better on the field too. That doesnt mean we cant also be better. Brady was inconsistant all year and Moss played almost the entire year w/ a bad back and seperated shoulder. We're talking about 2 top 5 players at their position all time. Things are not that bad , we need to be real fans , not whiny little skirts or as everyone else knows them..Lakers fans!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Thomas puts pats fans in somewhat of a predicament.  Most of you come from the school of "bill can do no wrong".  thus, this thomas issue creates a conundrum. 

Either Thomas is a second tier player which means Belichick misidentified a player's level of skill AND then not onnly acquired him but then also agreed to PAY him. 

Or Thomas really is as good as advertised as Belichick thought, just wrong in the system. 

Either way, Thomas was a Patriot mistake which makes Belichick fallible which means he can screw up plays; he can screw up games; he can screw up personnel including trades, fa acquisitions, and the draft. 

Many Pats fans are hailing the draft, but the truth is no one knows whether any of the players selected on any of the teams will pan out.  the pats could be trending up, holding serve at 10-6 or heading down.  We'll only know when the games are actually played.  I recommend temperance in place of exubrerance. 

The silver lining - if this truth exists for the pats, then it also exists for everyone else which means all of the seemingly great things the Jets and Phins have done must also be approached with tempered enthusiasm. 

Me - I am just happy that the current regimes in Jax, Ten, & Hou all seem to s&ck which means barring significant injury, we can all expect the colts back in the playoffs again next year.  Vegas odds have them #1 to win the SB in 2011.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Looks like A.D. is headed to NY!  Another player for Brady to worry about.  This offseason has sucked!
    Posted by BBRULES23

The offseason is lousy because Thomas is leaving?  That's addition by subtraction if you ask me.  I seriously doubt Brady is lying awake at night worrying about him. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Adalius blows. It's clear that he was a blitzer, like Sergio Kindle. The Pats need a pass-rusher, not a blitzer. Can't say I'll miss him, he was never a factor in NE.

Watch out, Adalius is going to bring his 4, that's right people, 4 WHOLE SACKS, to terrorize the Pats! LORD, HELP US ALL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

AD's 2009 season:

Games Started:    13
    Sacks:                  3
    INT:                      0
    Fumb Forced:        0
    Fumb Rec:            0
    Solo Tackles:       26

I'm scared!