Adalius Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Adalius Thomas

In Response to Adalius Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else as surprised as me that the season will start without any team signing this guy. I mean I knew we were overpaying for him at $7m per season but for no team to want him........ sheesh. Is he really that bad?
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

As was mentioned before, if you sign a vetern before the season starts, he is guarenteed the full years salary.  If you sign him after week 1, then you just have to pay him for the games he plays and is on the roster.

This was/is the Jets reasoning on him as seen on Hard Knocks.  They have interest in him but not until after week 1.

Could be the same situation here with Jarvis Green.  Pats may wait until after week 1 so as to not have to pay him full year in case it doesnt work out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Adalius Thomas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Adalius Thomas : ...Could be the same situation here with Jarvis Green.  Pats may wait until after week 1 so as to not have to pay him full year in case it doesnt work out.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

and Burgess...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Yea its the same reason a guy like Keith Bulluck from the Titans is still not signed, once the season starts someone will sign these guys.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

He's on the Giants bro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

It does seem like some of the old vets are getting boned because of the current labor situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I am a little surprised because as bad as he was last year, he still has talent. I 'd hate to see him do well with NY after week one, but I wonder how he'll do after missing a training camp like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No one wants him. The Jets want him to play back-up to Jason Taylor, but that's only until Pace comes back. They'll cut him soon after. 

He's just not good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMuscle. Show BostonMuscle's posts

Maybe you should get married leon, if anyone would!!! Seems like you have too much time on your hands

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Killa-Welcome to the NFL 2010-Bullock signed in the off season and is starting on Sunday. Does the married life already have you that far away from reality? What's it been 10 months???
    Posted by MasterHess-[/QUOTE]

Ouch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You can talk about all this labor BS all day but if the guy was worth a f*ck then he would have been signed.  You think anyone was waiting for week 1 to sign Brandon Marshall, or Ben Watson, or any one of the hundreds of less than mediocre players available? 

No, if anyone thought that he could make any impact at all then they wouldn't just let him sit around and get signed with someone else.  Obviously every team feels that he is not worth the veteran minimum.  That tells you everything you need to know.  I think Pierre Woods finds a job before Thomas, after all he did play better than him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

OFF SUBJECT.
        Shenanigan,  Your comment on letting Moss go  should be required reading for all those espousing such. It appears that all your comments are well thought out. Look forward to more of the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Adalius Thomas : As was mentioned before, if you sign a vetern before the season starts, he is guarenteed the full years salary.  If you sign him after week 1, then you just have to pay him for the games he plays and is on the roster. This was/is the Jets reasoning on him as seen on Hard Knocks.  They have interest in him but not until after week 1. Could be the same situation here with Jarvis Green.  Pats may wait until after week 1 so as to not have to pay him full year in case it doesnt work out.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

I really do not want to see Jarvis Green back on this team...Give Brace and Pryor a shot...Let them the chance to either fail or succeed at that position...That's my two cents!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]You can talk about all this labor BS all day but if the guy was worth a f*ck then he would have been signed.  You think anyone was waiting for week 1 to sign Brandon Marshall, or Ben Watson, or any one of the hundreds of less than mediocre players available?  No, if anyone thought that he could make any impact at all then they wouldn't just let him sit around and get signed with someone else.  Obviously every team feels that he is not worth the veteran minimum.  That tells you everything you need to know.  I think Pierre Woods finds a job before Thomas, after all he did play better than him. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with TSWFAN.  You really speak to the bottom line here.  If he was considered any good NO team would wait.  The guys that get signed after the teams no longer have to guarantee the salary are the ones not deemed very good.