Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/report-raiders-are-favorites-for-mcnabb/

I posted about this on Friday and many folks here said it was a bogus deal and it would never happen. Now, Schefter is reporting that it's likely the Raiders will give up what the Eagles are asking for. They apparently don't care about the one year left on McNabb's contract either since they'll likely franchise him. McNabb would never object to this because he's getting $20 million guaranteed if he's franchised.

With that said, I am now all for dumping the 2011 first round pick this year. Get it out of the way and cash in considering how deep the talent pool is this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb

In Response to Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/report-raiders-are-favorites-for-mcnabb/ I posted about this on Friday and many folks here said it was a bogus deal and it would never happen.... I am now all for dumping the 2011 first round pick this year. Get it out of the way and cash in considering how deep the talent pool is this year.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Nah, they're still going to stink.  Remember, Tom Cable and Al Davis are running the show.  Jon Gruden isn't walking through that door. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb:
    In Response to Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb : Nah, they're still going to stink.  Remember, Tom Cable and Al Davis are running the show.  Jon Gruden isn't walking through that door. 
    Posted by Muzwell

Part of me wants to say that but think about it: their defense was pretty good last year. They could have won a few more games had Russell just made a few more plays. Sure, you can say that about any time but with the Raiders, their defense kept getting stops but Russell couldn't capitalize. I know they have nobody to throw to and they're iffy at running back but they still have free agency and the draft. I don't think Al Davis is shying away from spending either (just not on the right guys, ha!). Also, look at their schedule:

Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Away:
    Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

I see at least 8-9 wins. I know that's laughable with Oakland but they tossed around the Chargers last year but just didn't have a competent QB to cap off the beatings. Chargers, at this moment are the same as last year or worse.

Just saying. They'll be better than we think. How many of us counted the Dolphins in 2008 as formiddable? What about the Jets last year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb : Part of me wants to say that but think about it...They'll be better than we think. How many of us counted the Dolphins in 2008 as formiddable? What about the Jets last year?
    Posted by apdynasty23

Maybe, but the Dolphins had a huge boost from the incoming Sparano/Parcells group and love him or hate him, Rex Ryan transformed the Jets.  That stuff matters, and I don't see Tom Cable pulling out wins.  I doubt McNabb would be particularly excited about the move either at this stage of his career.  The Raiders are a weird dysfunctional collection of talent.  It worked fine when Gruden ran the show, because he's smart and knows how to win, and he had a QB in Gannon who was just as smart and perfect for what Gruden wanted to do. 

Cable is an idiot, and McNabb will be in his first year playing for an idiot in a system and a place he doesn't know, getting used to new receivers and he's going to be miserable. 

I'm not seeing it, but I guess stranger things have happened.  I think the pick still has a lot of value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Adam Schefter: Raiders Favorites to Land McNabb:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/report-raiders-are-favorites-for-mcnabb/ I posted about this on Friday and many folks here said it was a bogus deal and it would never happen. Now, Schefter is reporting that it's likely the Raiders will give up what the Eagles are asking for. They apparently don't care about the one year left on McNabb's contract either since they'll likely franchise him. McNabb would never object to this because he's getting $20 million guaranteed if he's franchised. With that said, I am now all for dumping the 2011 first round pick this year. Get it out of the way and cash in considering how deep the talent pool is this year.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I agree with you and have said the same thing about dumping that 2011 pick for whats going on in this draft. There are too many things up in the air to wait until 2011. Take what you can get in this very so called deep draft and help your team (Patriots) build right now. The earth is going to end in 2012 anyway so get the Super Bowl rings now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The earth is going to end in 2012 anyway so get the Super Bowl rings now!
    Posted by Stompper

Good movie!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

if they get mcnabb and he can stay healthy, and big sey can stay healthy, our pick will really lose value. i dont think they will be a playoff team, but they could be an 8 win team easy. mcnabb's leadership could really go a long way towards improving that team. its not like they dont have any talent. and we all know that if they start russell again that pick would be top 5 easy. this trade could be a big blow if it happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think BB would be happy with a 10ish pick. Even if they slot in the draft pick contracts it's sill going to be expensive to get an unproven high pick.