Adrian Wilson Hamstring Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson Hamstring Injury

This thread is to cover your own azz in case he gets cut. Maybe you shouldn't berate other posters because their opinion differs from yours. You look really dumb if/when what they were saying turns out to be true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think Wilson is PUP eligible.  I think once you practice (even in preseason) you lose eligibility for the PUP. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think the guy is done...cooked. In the very limited times I've had to watch him he has looked like a guy that is stiff, slow and uninterested out there. He has been invisible for the most part.

I was very very skeptical when they signed him - I thought he was too old, but I was hoping he could give us a little something for half the season or so until his legs gave out. It looks like his legs are just too far gone.

I'll be surprised if he makes the cut today, I hope I'm wrong, but this guy is as far away from Rodney Harrison as you can get at this point in his career. I kept waiting for him to lay someone out, but he never came close. I wouldn't be surprised if he just retires this weekend, but it looks like Belichick will handle him with care with this "hamstring injury".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mysterious ham string injury...possible IR move to save face? I hope not, we need a physical presence.

"Defense Wins Championships"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I just think the guy is done...cooked. In the very limited times I've had to watch him he has looked like a guy that is stiff, slow and uninterested out there. He has been invisible for the most part.

I was very very skeptical when they signed him - I thought he was too old, but I was hoping he could give us a little something for half the season or so until his legs gave out. It looks like his legs are just too far gone.

I'll be surprised if he makes the cut today, I hope I'm wrong, but this guy is as far away from Rodney Harrison as you can get at this point in his career. I kept waiting for him to lay someone out, but he never came close. I wouldn't be surprised if he just retires this weekend, but it looks like Belichick will handle him with care with this "hamstring injury".

He doesn't play the same kind of role as Rodney, so no one should have been expecting that.

The question was always is he a full time player or a subpackage guy. It's clear to me he is a subpackage guy.

I just think it's odd you'd drag a guy across the country, have him be here, learn the system, be here the whole time and drag it out to the 6 PM cut off to cut him over a hammy tweak.

Meanwhile, Dennard is in court in a week with a hammy all of preseason.

It just doesn't seem like a BB thing to do to a guy with that kind of a resume.  Maybe he was playing with the hamstring in these preseason games to get his reps under the condition that he needs the reps in live game action.

Why are they waiting to cut Adrian Wilson? Makes no sense.

I would just keep him Inactive, rest the hammy for the Bills, Jets and Bucs and then cut him loose in your 3rd down subpackage down in Atlanta for matchups on either Gonzalez or jacquizz Rodgers on 3rds.

We have really slow LBs and if the idea is to improve that coverage, so you can play press man, with Logan Ryan, Dennard and Talib, all superb press man guys, why on earth would you not use a guy who has looked great on 3rd downs in those formations?

Who is going to do it?

We've been looking for it for years.

[/QUOTE]

Collins has looked better than AWilson in that role

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Bummer. I was very high on the signing, but will be the first to eat crow if he's cut. 

let's hope he sticks and can perform, because we need a physical presence in the secondary. 

Let's go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He doesn't play the same kind of role as Rodney, so no one should have been expecting that.

The question was always is he a full time player or a subpackage guy. It's clear to me he is a subpackage guy.

I just think it's odd you'd drag a guy across the country, have him be here, learn the system, be here the whole time and drag it out to the 6 PM cut off to cut him over a hammy tweak.

Meanwhile, Dennard is in court in a week with a hammy all of preseason.

It just doesn't seem like a BB thing to do to a guy with that kind of a resume.  Maybe he was playing with the hamstring in these preseason games to get his reps under the condition that he needs the reps in live game action.

Why are they waiting to cut Adrian Wilson? Makes no sense.

I would just keep him Inactive, rest the hammy for the Bills, Jets and Bucs and then cut him loose in your 3rd down subpackage down in Atlanta for matchups on either Gonzalez or jacquizz Rodgers on 3rds.

We have really slow LBs and if the idea is to improve that coverage, so you can play press man, with Logan Ryan, Dennard and Talib, all superb press man guys, why on earth would you not use a guy who has looked great on 3rd downs in those formations?

Who is going to do it?

We've been looking for it for years.

I don't think Belichick is afraid to throw him on the street, he may be talking to him right now..."we're going to release you, but if your leg heals up we may bring you in for another look in a few weeks...here's a little bag of cash". That type of thing.

I think they aren't afraid to put Collins out there in a coverage...or even Fletcher (although I think he will be exposed). The problem is they signed the wrong guy...took the wrong approach. I still think this defense would look a whole lot better with Goldson - I thought he was a difference maker - I think we could of handled his contract and it would of changed that entire secondary. Now it's too late. I don't like what I've seen out of any of our safeties in camp...A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon. Reports are that T. Wilson played very well against the Giants - I still don't like his physical skill set.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Count me among those who thought AW was a good fit here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think Wilson is PUP eligible.  I think once you practice (even in preseason) you lose eligibility for the PUP. 

Ahh, ok. Thanks for not trolling and just clarifying. Ok, then. I would just rest him for Atlanta for Week 4 and then just keep him on the Inactives.

Nate Ebner over Adrian Wilson?

No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what they think of or will do with A. Wilson but I certainly do not understand exactly why you make it a Ebner vs A. Wilson thing.

Ebner could be his own island in their mind for all we know.

It could be a A. Wilson vs D. Fletcher thing. They might feel A. WIlson at this point in time or his career does not cover any better than FLetcher does for all we know.

You should be careful about the whole yeah but the 3rd down defense has been, yada yada. Two things, Fletcher was hurt last year and played this preseason, and "it's preseason". It means nothing. In fact, I believe it was yourself that correctly pointed out to someone weeks ago when it was mentioned how aggressive the Pats D was that it was not anything new. That back some time a few years ago when they switched to the 4-3 they were ultra aggressive through preseason and then we never saw any of that during the regular season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Ahh, ok. Thanks for not trolling and just clarifying. Ok, then. I would just rest him for Atlanta for Week 4 and then just keep him on the Inactives.

Nate Ebner over Adrian Wilson?

No thanks.

I have no idea what they think of or will do with A. Wilson but I certainly do not understand exactly why you make it a Ebner vs A. Wilson thing.

Ebner could be his own island in their mind for all we know.

It could be a A. Wilson vs D. Fletcher thing. They might feel A. WIlson at this point in time or his career does not cover any better than FLetcher does for all we know.

You should be careful about the whole yeah but the 3rd down defense has been, yada yada. Two things, Fletcher was hurt last year and played this preseason, and "it's preseason". It means nothing. In fact, I believe it was yourself that correctly pointed out to someone weeks ago when it was mentioned how aggressive the Pats D was that it was not anything new. That back some time a few years ago when they switched to the 4-3 they were ultra aggressive through preseason and then we never saw any of that during the regular season.

Sure. Sure. I can see that.  I am just saying, it's like the Tebow thing or the Leon Washington thing.

If Washington looked good on kick offs, which is WHY he was signed, great. But, he hasn't. I want that 3rd down subpackage option to be there. Our 3rd down D was poor in 2011, better last year, but I just feel like you can bounce it one more notch with a big Safety who can''t be overmatched witha big Hybrid TE and still cover that RB well.

Who knows, maybe they are asking those guys to tweak their deals in order to stay.  

What are we down to anyway? 53 with a need at DT?

I think so, that is what I have but could be wrong also.

There are still probably 1 or 2 of 4 or 5 guys that could be cut over the next few days as teams pickup and release after all the cuts, like always.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

PUP him.  Yes, that's a completely suspicious injury, but it works.  BB gets an extra guy on his roster.  Duron Harmon can play Wilson's spot for now.

Last year Demps practiced and played in the final preseason game.  He got "injured".  He got stashed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I don't get the Ebner thing. I really don't.  T. Wilson and Harmon are locks, Gregory has more range than A. Wilson so he starts next to McCourty.

I also think McCourty's great range will offset what Gregory has.

But, we can easily carry 3 Safeties, surprised it's 6 if we are at 53 right now, especially with 5 RBs and 1 FB.

You have to think there is a trade or a pick up coming at DT.

WHat FB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Go get Taylor Mays, he is built like Wilson and younger. He's not much in space, but as a LB/SS hybrid, he works.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Totally agree we need someone to match up with a tight end...been saying it for years, I just don't know if Wilson is that guy, he has the size, but if his legs are done? Over. It's one of the things Rodney did so well, he could run with a big tight end and handle them physically, all of our undersized safeties haven't been able to do that. When we drafted T. Wilson, I thought...here's another undersized guy to cover a tight end...Harmon too.

If Wilson doesn't stick, it's on Collins, because Gregory can't do it. I still might need to see more of Wilson, but if he's running out there in the 4th preseason game then Belichick doesn't like what he's seen thus far. If he had, he wouldn't of been out there...no way, no how.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This is what I have right now but could easily be wrong. I have not double checked any of it.

1. Tom Brady (QB)
    2. Ryan Mallett (QB)
    3. Stevan Ridley (RB)
    4. Shane Vereen (RB)
    5. Brandon Bolden (RB)
    6. Legarette Blount (RB)
    7. Leon Washington (RB)
    8. Rob Gronkowski (TE)
    9. Michael Hoomanawanui (TE)
    10. Zach Sudfeld (TE)
    11. Danny Amendola (WR)
    12. Aaron Dobson (WR)
    13. Josh Boyce (WR)
    14. Julian Edelman (WR)
    15. Kenbrell Thompkins (WR)
    16. Matthew Slater (WR)
    17. Nate Solder (OL)
    18. Sebastian Vollmer (OL)
    19. Marcus Cannon (OL)
    20. Will Svitek (OL)
    21. Chris McDonald (OL)
    22. Logan Mankins (OL)
    23. Ryan Wendell (OL)
    24. Dan Connolly (OL)
    25. Vince Wilfork (DT)
    26. Tommy Kelly (DT)
    27. Joe Vellano (DT)
    28. Chandler Jones (DE)
    29. Rob Ninkovich (DE)
    30. Justin Francis (DE)
    31. Michael Buchanon (DE)
    32. Jake Bequette (DE)
    33. Jerod Mayo (LB)
    34. Dont’a Hightower (LB)
    35. Brandon Spikes (LB)
    36. Jamie Collins (LB)
    37. Dane Fletcher (LB)
    38. Steve Beauharnais (LB)
    39. Jeff Tarpinian (LB)
    40. Aqib Talib (CB)
    41. Alfonzo Dennard (CB)
    42. Kyle Arrington (CB)
    43. Logan Ryan (CB)
    44. Marquise Cole (DB)
    45. Devin McCourty (DB)
    46. Steve Gregory (S)
    47. Tavon Wilson (DB)
    48. Adrian Wilson (S)
    49. Duron Harmon (S)
    50. Nate Ebner (S)
    51. Stephen Gostkowski (kicker) (ST)
    52. Ryan Allen (punter) (ST)
    53. Danny Aiken (long snapper) (ST)

PuP/NFI: Armon Armstead, Mark Harrison

PS(options?): George Winn, Quentin Sims, Justin Green, Kline, Marcus Forston, Kanorris Davis, TBD, TBD

IR: T.J. Moe, Tyronne Green, Markus Zusevics, Cory Grissom

** Edit - I see Francis is still on there so I am obviously missing someone.?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Never liked the signing anyways.  Many better options available at the time.  Low risk/no reward here.  Bad hammy for an older player.. good luck with that.  Time to move on and bring in someone else.

#blownopportunity

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Go get Taylor Mays, he is built like Wilson and younger. He's not much in space, but as a LB/SS hybrid, he works.

Isn't he one of the dumber guys in the NFL? I mean if you can't figure out how to play for Cincy defensively, how are you going to play for Belichick?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Francis was cut and your missing develin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

This is what I have right now but could easily be wrong. I have not double checked any of it.

1. Tom Brady (QB)
    2. Ryan Mallett (QB)
    3. Stevan Ridley (RB)
    4. Shane Vereen (RB)
    5. Brandon Bolden (RB)
    6. Legarette Blount (RB)
    7. Leon Washington (RB)
    8. Rob Gronkowski (TE)
    10. Zach Sudfeld (TE)
    11. Danny Amendola (WR)
    12. Aaron Dobson (WR)
    13. Josh Boyce (WR)
    14. Julian Edelman (WR)
    16. Matthew Slater (WR)
    17. Nate Solder (OL)
    19. Marcus Cannon (OL)
    20. Will Svitek (OL)
    21. Chris McDonald (OL)
    22. Logan Mankins (OL)
    23. Ryan Wendell (OL)
    24. Dan Connolly (OL)
    25. Vince Wilfork (DT)
    26. Tommy Kelly (DT)
    27. Joe Vellano (DT)
    28. Chandler Jones (DE)
    29. Rob Ninkovich (DE)
    30. Justin Francis (DE)
    32. Jake Bequette (DE)
    33. Jerod Mayo (LB)
    35. Brandon Spikes (LB)
    36. Jamie Collins (LB)
    37. Dane Fletcher (LB)
    39. Jeff Tarpinian (LB)
    40. Aqib Talib (CB)
    41. Alfonzo Dennard (CB)
    42. Kyle Arrington (CB)
    43. Logan Ryan (CB)
    44. Marquise Cole (DB)
    45. Devin McCourty (DB)
    46. Steve Gregory (S)
    47. Tavon Wilson (DB)
    48. Adrian Wilson (S)
    49. Duron Harmon (S)
    50. Nate Ebner (S)

PS(options?): George Winn, Quentin Sims, Justin Green, Kline, Marcus Forston, Kanorris Davis, TBD, TBD

Francis was cut and you're missing develin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

[QUOTE]

1. Tom Brady (QB)
    2. Ryan Mallett (QB)
    3. Stevan Ridley (RB)
    4. Shane Vereen (RB)
    5. Brandon Bolden (RB)
    6. Legarette Blount (RB)
    7. Leon Washington (RB)
    8. Rob Gronkowski (TE)
    10. Zach Sudfeld (TE)
    11. Danny Amendola (WR)
    12. Aaron Dobson (WR)
    13. Josh Boyce (WR)
    14. Julian Edelman (WR)
    16. Matthew Slater (WR)
    17. Nate Solder (OL)
    19. Marcus Cannon (OL)
    20. Will Svitek (OL)
    21. Chris McDonald (OL)
    22. Logan Mankins (OL)
    23. Ryan Wendell (OL)
    24. Dan Connolly (OL)
    25. Vince Wilfork (DT)
    26. Tommy Kelly (DT)
    27. Joe Vellano (DT)
    28. Chandler Jones (DE)
    29. Rob Ninkovich (DE)
    30. Justin Francis (DE)
    32. Jake Bequette (DE)
    33. Jerod Mayo (LB)
    35. Brandon Spikes (LB)
    36. Jamie Collins (LB)
    37. Dane Fletcher (LB)
    39. Jeff Tarpinian (LB)
    40. Aqib Talib (CB)
    41. Alfonzo Dennard (CB)
    42. Kyle Arrington (CB)
    43. Logan Ryan (CB)
    44. Marquise Cole (DB)
    45. Devin McCourty (DB)
    46. Steve Gregory (S)
    47. Tavon Wilson (DB)
    48. Adrian Wilson (S)
    49. Duron Harmon (S)
    50. Nate Ebner (S)

Francis was cut and you're missing develin

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Hammy is about as real as Rusty's Canadian girlfriend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

May affect his status, per Jeff Howe

That would suck.  Would really affect our 3rd down D, especially in man coverages.

I still have no idea why you'd keep playing a guy you wanted to use a subpackage player for effect on 3rd downs to improve your LB coverage on that part of the field.

The last preaseason game is on NFLN and I keep seeing our slower LBs not handle the TE or the RB out of the backfield on 3rd downs.

My post from 8/30 regarding Wilson;

1. some good, some bad

posted at 8/30/2013 12:21 PM EDT

• rkarp
      • First: 1/29/2008
      • Last: 8/31/2013

I was in attendance last night, and I have not yet had a chance o watch the taped game, but I saw a lot of good, and just as much bad...

-I do think the Pats go with 7 OL, of which I am not a big fan of. But assuming Connolly starts, after Cannon and Svitek, I do not feel the PAts have an 8th OL that is NFL ready...PS yes, but not ready for the NFL. If BB looks for an 8th OL, I think it comes from the waiver wire

-I think OL Kline and McDonald are on the PS, and are not claimed by other teams.

-I actually liked what I saw from Bequette last night, for the first time seeing his potential. He was not good on setting the edge, but he could be a guy that can create pressure. I think if the PAts try to put him on th PS, another team will grab him. BUchanon clearly outplayed him this preseason, and no rrom for both however.

-I still like Mallett, a lot. He can make throws that many QB's cannot. He can move, roll and throw a deep ball. He is lacking touch that will only come with repetitions. Bedard said there are "Mallett throws" and there are "non Mallett throws"....this offense, as built around TB, has a lot of "non Mallett throws"....if Mallett was forced to play, I think the offense adjusts to Mallett's strengths. I still see a Rodgers situation...took some time...but there is a pro bowl QB in there some where.

-I am still very impressed with Boyd.

-I thought the Mallett int was on Dobson.

-I think the Pats have to keep Cunningham and put him on short term IR...that is how thin the DT position is. IMO this is where Brace is hurting the PAts. If he could simply be a #3 or #4 rotational guy, it would have been huge. Disappointing for a 2nd rd choice.

-something is odd on the Ras I roster cut. He is so much better than Cole...is Ras I incapable of playing at all this year? would he have been a candidate for short term IR? reminder, Talib has been injury prone (as seemingly most CB's are)

-I have taken a lot of heat for my comments on AWilson. I saw 3 missed tackles last night. He also had the opportunity to lay some wood when he was perfectly positioned in the hole, but he short armed the tackle. I wonder if he is injured? SOme thought AWilson was the answer at SS. Some thought he was the answer as a sub LB. I se neither. He might make this roster, but it is because of short comings with TWIlson and Gregory. I do not think that AWilson has forced himself onto this roster and a meaningful role based on what I have seen in camp and in preseason games.

-I think the PAts must keep 1-2 DB's on the PS...this group still has me worried. I know we have not seen much of Dennard so far, but is he ready to step in and play to last seasons level? Arrington (on the outside), Ryan and Coles along with Talib make me nervous

-why dont we see trades in the NFL anymore?

-my opinion, not based on anything. I feel we have seen the last pass by Tebow in his NFL career, and it was a doozy.

25. This post has been removed.