Adrian Wilson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Adrian Wilson?

Just cut from the Cardinals. Aging star, decline in play last season, probably not going to get a huge deal...The perfect BB guy!

In all seriousness, I would highly consider him. He's a SS, was an all-pro in 2011 and could probably be had at a cheap price. I would prefer a veteran in the secondary to help out the young guys and he could be the guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Adrian Wilson?

Cardinals released SS Adrian Wilson.

The move saves $3 million in salary cap room. Wilson said in December that he didn't expect to be back for a 13th year in the desert, and he was right. The 2001 third-round pick is just one year removed from an elite campaign, but saw his play slip in 2012. Wilson was demoted out of nickel packages in November. With the safety market loaded with experienced talent, Wilson may have to wait a while for a new deal. He's going on age 34.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

He's exactly what we need. Reminds me of Rodney is so many ways.

Get him at all costs... perfect fit at SS next to McCourty. Even a better fit than Reed or Goldson.

Yes, yes, yes! A million times over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Get him at all costs... perfect fit at SS next to McCourty. Even a better fit than Reed or Goldson.

+1  He'll also be at the price IMO.  But lets see if more people get released.. the secondary is getting flooded with talent right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Definitely worth taking a look at. He could bring it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ditto. Have him in. Question is if looks better than Gregory, what do you do with Gregory? I don't want a second stringer making that much cash. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Ditto. Have him in. Question is if looks better than Gregory, what do you do with Gregory? I don't want a second stringer making that much cash. 

I would cut Gregory.

Ideally, you would hope Tavon Wilson could improve enough to be a #2 safety.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabePariIIi. Show BabePariIIi's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Good.  Now Brady doesn't have to do it on his own

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Just cut from the Cardinals. Aging star, decline in play last season, probably not going to get a huge deal...The perfect BB guy!

In all seriousness, I would highly consider him. He's a SS, was an all-pro in 2011 and could probably be had at a cheap price. I would prefer a veteran in the secondary to help out the young guys and he could be the guy.

PLEASE!  I wanted him 2 years ago and I agree he fell off a bit last year but believe me, he would still be the best safety here by a long shot. Dude has the ideal size and can run, hit and cover pretty well if he is healthy. Just has to fit our system but only other 2 guys with similar measurables that may be available are W.Moore and K.Phillips. Any other guy is a just a JAG and wont make a difference here(see gregory last offseason). We passed on Landyr last year, lets hope BB does the right thing after losing out on Goldson too last year. Have to get a difference maker back there. People were praising freeking B.Pollard after the Sb for his work and thats why I said the SS aint dead and you still NEED that intimidator back there

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I would love for adrian wilson to come here. If hes still the guy in this video bring him in for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7W71aUr5s

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Why do you think Arizona is cutting him? Bad cap management!

Idk they only save 3 mil by cutting him.  Maybe they just think he is getting too old.  Guy was a beast in 2011, but most of what I've read indicates he slowed down last season.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Two thumbs up for at least kicking the tires on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

BB a genius for positioning himself perfectly both in choices in FA and price.

LOL @ Mt Hurl and RKarp for downplaying/not understanding the Jets problems.

I guess I'm still waiting for those players to be cut because of "salary cap hell" that are under the age of 34 (Wilson will be 34 next season). Hey I'd love to have a strong safety on this team - not like Chung can do it - mark my words...one will be signed this off season. Why? Because we haven't had one in five years (despite all the love you gave that bust Chung). Hey remember when you said he changed our defense when he was on the field? What did you mean by that? Did you mean offenses started laughing their brains out when he came down into the box, or that QB's pitched a tent when they saw him in coverage? Either way I could see how it would affect our defense. LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-07-24/Cardinals-Adrian-Wilson-new-contract/56470064/1

I guess wilson found out what the biz is about. He signed a new deal in 12 with 2 years remaining to lower his cap hits and still got released a year later. He was a free agent in 09' despite what idiots here say to stir the spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bring him in, the guy has been really durable his entire career and he is a legit strong safety.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Bring him in, the guy has been really durable his entire career and he is a legit strong safety.

I just hope he is motivated by being released. He seems to be pretty loyal to AZ and the article I posted from last year talks of him never wanting to play eslewhere so lets hope he can be a Rodney type signing and he doesnt decide to just hang em up! Im sure BB is just the man to lure him in if he is considering it though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully Wilson is on pats list now! Absolutely.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would LOVE Wilson, perfect fit, mentor, leader, still durable and a hard hitter. Then maybe draft a SS like Rambo in rd 3, Wilson can backup DMC, Gregory can restructure or be cut

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

drop him