AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inquirer0. Show Inquirer0's posts

Patriots Loss

Pollard, AGAIN!!!!!!  But not ONLY, unfortunately!!!!!  :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: AFC Championship... Ravens vs Patriots Game Thread

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Being part 49er fan, Im not feeling as bad about this as I did the SB last year. Have to root for the K kid and let him get revenge for me.

I actually think the Pats would have been in big trouble against the 49ers but I would rather lose the super bowl than lose the AFC championship game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from John W. Show John W's posts

Ravens have a better quarterback, better receivers and a much better defense. 

Brady's just a great regular season quarterback now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shazam. Show Shazam's posts

How is it that we continue to get so many injuries? Are the Patriots prepping wrong or executing wrong or is it something else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Being part 49er fan, Im not feeling as bad about this as I did the SB last year. Have to root for the K kid and let him get revenge for me.

I actually think the Pats would have been in big trouble against the 49ers but I would rather lose the super bowl than lose the AFC championship game.

Last year I wanted Examiner Bowl, and went 1 for 2. Got the same mess this year, only in reverse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Brady had a QB rating of 63. That is pathetic. He is a CHOKE ARTIST. Either that or he is just not that good. I think he needs to be traded for a package of draft picks and that this team needs to rebuilt around defense first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Shazam's comment:

How is it that we continue to get so many injuries? Are the Patriots prepping wrong or executing wrong or is it something else?

Timing is everything

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkel7213. Show dkel7213's posts

At least I feel safe now, knowing that Ray Lewis won, I don't think he'll go out murdering tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Brady had a QB rating of 63. That is pathetic. He is a CHOKE ARTIST. Either that or he is just not that good. I think he needs to be traded for a package of draft picks and that this team needs to rebuilt around defense first.

He wasnt exactly under pressure tonight either. No sacks that I recall, and he stepped up and threw a lot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcostigan. Show bcostigan's posts

The game was lost when Pollard hit Ridley and they called it a fumble.

There should be a rule, if you drop the ball because your unconscious...it's not a fumble..it's a dead ball or maybe a dead guy....Pollard is a PSYCHOPATH!

Watching a Harbaugh/Harbaugh SB will suck

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

The Pats can win next year ... they have to get a little luckier with HEALTH!!!

They missed not having Edelman on Special; Teams ... he was a playmaker ... plus he was becoming a deep threat+slot guy

Sign a tall prototypical dep threat WR with the $11mm used on Welker

Gronk lasts the year ...

Dennaed, Jones and Hightower a year under their belts and healthy

SIGN TALIB !!!!!!!

And a couple decent draft choices

THAT IS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Like I said , excuses are lame. Now, we are hearing that Talib getting hurt was the difference. What a joke. He was not even a part of the team all year. And , how did he get hurt ?  What happened ? What a joke.  The Pat's could not even convert numerous third and short opportunities. They were thoroughly whipped. The Ravens dominated the line of scrimmage. If you think this is going to get better next year, you are delusional.  Like I said , it was a great run. But it is over. Face the facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncursed04. Show Uncursed04's posts

Ravens played better, hat's off to them. But Niners look like the bigger juggernaut. I think Jim will win the Harbaugh Bowl. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whodagaff. Show Whodagaff's posts

Offensive Coordinator should be fired

Brady should retire

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He wasnt exactly under pressure tonight either. No sacks that I recall, and he stepped up and threw a lot.

SHHHHHH.   Don't tell Babe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcostigan. Show bcostigan's posts

Bottom line is   No Pressure On Flaco..

He was having fun  :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Another year where the Pats record breaking offense can't get on track against a good defense when it counts.

The entire team was sucking wind in the 2nd half. No points by the O and making the Ravens look like a great offense which they aren't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Like I said , excuses are lame. Now, we are hearing that Talib getting hurt was the difference. What a joke. He was not even a part of the team all year. And , how did he get hurt ?  What happened ? What a joke.  The Pat's could not even convert numerous third and short opportunities. They were thoroughly whipped. The Ravens dominated the line of scrimmage. If you think this is going to get better next year, you are delusional.  Like I said , it was a great run. But it is over. Face the facts.

3 points in 3 quarters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skoynk. Show skoynk's posts

I'm tired of this!  Brady's best days are long gone.  I seriously think they should trade him - chokes way too much and can't seem to win the big games anymore.  Heads need to roll on coahing staff as well.  Really, really tired of this sh*t.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BWK3. Show BWK3's posts

How is Ridley not ruled down on that fumble? Really??!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boobryan. Show boobryan's posts

Patriots need a couple of pass rushers. My guess they'll go out and get them.

Defense wins Championships, and this was not a Super Bowl Defense. The offense is fine, although today they made too many mistakes.

When the Pats won their Super Bowls they did it with great defense and with takeaways. We got none today. Ravens defense did today. And so thats that.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsinDC. Show PatsinDC's posts

Well, the Ravens are who they thought they were- a few thugs and "huck it up and hope for the best" QB. Pats moved it at will against this "vaunted" D and a few drops and injuries took what should have been a laugher for the Pats and made it possible for the Ravens to win. Nothing really to see here; we learned nothing and the NFL has been made less compelling by the fact that we're going to have to wait until next season before Brady gets his 4th ring.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spectator22. Show Spectator22's posts

Agree with Sporter81 (9:53 PM).  Time for a new offense including the quarterback - Brady is becoming less and less relevant and that will continue to get worse.   Pat's Nation will be begging the media not to hype up acquisitions like Brandon Lloyd as the answer to the wide receiver deep threat - he's not the type to go up and get the ball away from a d-back - the best teams have 2 or 3 guys that can do that. Gronk is great but is injury prone.  Hernandez gets alligator arms after he takes a hit - notice Pitta for Baltimore takes the Mayo hit and scores on the next play - that's part of what the Pat's are missing. Is Bill shopping the wrong groceries?  

By the way, Shalise, was the fumble tonight by Ridley "unavoidable" as well? Couldn't have been that he was out of control again tonight like he was against the 49er's........

Plenty to look at on defense too - starting with the pass rush.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boobryan. Show boobryan's posts

In response to John W's comment:

Ravens have a better quarterback, better receivers and a much better defense. 

Brady's just a great regular season quarterback now

Ya right don't delude yourself. Brady will be a Hall of Famer, Flacco won't be. You're nuts if you think othetwise.