AFC East Preview by Don Banks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

AFC East Preview by Don Banks

Good read if your a Pats fan! Not so much if your a Bills, Jets or Fins fan!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/08/23/afc-east-preview-2012/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: AFC East Preview by Don Banks

In Response to Re: AFC East Preview by Don Banks:
    [QUOTE]Nice article... I'm down here in Florida and it's a sad case for the Dolphins. A once prized organization that seems to be like a ship at sea, lost with no power or destination of direction. The Jets......oh well!!! Unfortunately for the Jets, Rex Ryan may have had a direction for this team but as the Head Coach it has been, and is nothing more than a circus act gone amuck. The Jets brain trust would be better off ending the buffoonery and sending Ryan packing. The Bills, Again like Miami, a francise that seems to be the definition of the Higgs Boson. You know they are there somewhere, but you just can't find them. All I can say as a New England Sports fan is to thank the Sports Gods for Kraft, Belichick, Brady, Auerbach, Bird, and Bruce Leeroy!!! Woohooo
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

Bow down to your master. Yeah, coolie, kiss my converse!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The advantage of being in a cheese division is that  you pile up wins and get home field advantage in the playoffs.

The disadvantage is that it gives you a false idea of who you are.

You don't train for the heavyweight championship by beating up your little sister and I am beginning to wonder if feasting on the Miamis and the New Jerseys (green) of the world is much help when the Baltimores and the New Jerseys (blue) come calling and the tension rachets up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The advantage of being in a cheese division is that  you pile up wins and get home field advantage in the playoffs. The disadvantage is that it gives you a false idea of who you are. You don't train for the heavyweight championship by beating up your little sister and I am beginning to wonder if feasting on the Miamis and the New Jerseys (green) of the world is much help when the Baltimores and the New Jerseys (blue) come calling and the tension rachets up.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I agree and not to mention it seems like we play weak divisions from the NFC every year. When we played NFC North Rodgers was out. We played NFC east last year and they only had 1 team above 8-8 the 9-7 Giants. We have had some relatively easy schedules, and this year we play probably the worst division in football. Rams,Seahawks, and Cardinals, aren't gonna give us too tough a time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AFC East Preview by Don Banks : I agree and not to mention it seems like we play weak divisions from the NFC every year. When we played NFC North Rodgers was out. We played NFC east last year and they only had 1 team above 8-8 the 9-7 Giants. We have had some relatively easy schedules, and this year we play probably the worst division in football. Rams,Seahawks, and Cardinals, aren't gonna give us too tough a time.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Actually we have had some years when we play what appears at the outset to be a hard schedule. But more to the point, the Pats have been to two SBs in the last 5 NFL seasons and come hugely close to winning each one. Their record outside their division during the regular season has been very strong. So frankly I am not sure what the issues are here. The Pats keep winning during the regular season and they have been to 2 of the last five SBs. That is very competitive. What is it that you expect in real life? Even Lombardi admitted perfection is not possible. His point was that to reach for it makes you the best you can be. Sounds like the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from buffalobills. Show buffalobills's posts

Let me just say this...you say Buffalo is nothing, even though most analysts have them making the playoffs, because they have not performed in the PRE SEASON.... What the f---have the PATS done this preseason besides letting Brady get rocked, hurried and made him look, while normal.  If the preseason is any indication of how the teams will be, the Pats will be no good either

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Let me just say this...you say Buffalo is nothing, even though most analysts have them making the playoffs, because they have not performed in the PRE SEASON.... What the f---have the PATS done this preseason besides letting Brady get rocked, hurried and made him look, while normal.  If the preseason is any indication of how the teams will be, the Pats will be no good either
    Posted by buffalobills[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying "Buffalo is nothing because they have not performed in the PRE SEASON." We are saying they are not a threat to us based on past and expected performances of the players on each team rosters! Even you are smart enough not to compare Buffalo to New England....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hadn't read this article. I liked the rear view mirror view of Pat's domination in AFC East and amazing success in NFL with TB and BB.
    Looking though the front windsheld this year I'm most concerned about TB's protection with the O-line.
    D is looking lie a candidate for most improved.
    I'm ready for football!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I think it's a stretch to have the Bills winning 10 games.  8 or 9 is possible, but I doubt double digit wins.

And yet, they're so much better than the Jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

division games are always tough....your little sister can scratch your eyes out when your not paying attention

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to AFC East Preview by Don Banks:

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AFC East Preview by Don Banks : I agree and not to mention it seems like we play weak divisions from the NFC every year. When we played NFC North Rodgers was out. We played NFC east last year and they only had 1 team above 8-8 the 9-7 Giants. We have had some relatively easy schedules, and this year we play probably the worst division in football. Rams,Seahawks, and Cardinals, aren't gonna give us too tough a time.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Actually we have had some years when we play what appears at the outset to be a hard schedule. But more to the point, the Pats have been to two SBs in the last 5 NFL seasons and come hugely close to winning each one. Their record outside their division during the regular season has been very strong. So frankly I am not sure what the issues are here. The Pats keep winning during the regular season and they have been to 2 of the last five SBs. That is very competitive. What is it that you expect in real life? Even Lombardi admittejjjd perfection is not possible. His point was that to reach for it makes you the best you can be. Sodjjyus likel the Pats.

[/QUOTEjj......................The point  is if we had a few tough, grind it out games against elite competition(teams with winning records, that kind of stuff then maybe we have a better chance of winning a tough, grind it out SB]