Agent, David Dunn

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Agent, David Dunn

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Naw, I think you are reaching here.  I really don't think agents are nearly as involved in backgrounds of their clients, let alone their personal stuff as much as say... the player's boss would be. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

Your immaturity continues to shine. Did you just say that you don't think agents aren't involved in their clients' backgrounds?

Are you kidding me? Of course they are involved!  These agents are also their agents in college, too! THey go to their houses! They meet the parents, see where they grew up, etc. DUnn is the guy who negotiated Hern's promotional contracts, too.   So, if those rumors are floating around in that industry, and you can guarantee the corps he signed on with for his sponsors asked about what their client is all about, too.

When Hernandez signed on as a rookie, Dunn had little leverage. Reason?  Red flags like weed, immaturity and high school gang associations (now we know about it).

Hernandez only had 200K guaranteed in his rookie contract. Fact.  200K. That was MILES away from any other player taken in the pre cookie cap 2010 draft of Rd 4.  And, that somewhat proves it's a bit more than just the weed, so it's safe to say not only the agent that "gang life" element at least existed.  Kraft and BB knew it too, but they clearly thought it was in his past.  But, to deny the agent didn't know?  Please, TFB12.

So, BB knew of the red flags and used it. Who knows if they protected themselves with certain language in his new deal (you'd have to think every deal an NFL franchise lays down has something, especially within this new CBA).

But, come on, your're so naive, TFB12, it's becoming embarrassing to read.

"Hernandez only had 200K guaranteed in his rookie contract. Fact.  200K. That was MILES away from any other player taken in the pre cookie cap 2010 draft of Rd 4.  And, that somewhat proves it's a bit more than just the weed, so it's safe to say not only the agent that "gang life" element at least existed.  Kraft and BB knew it too, but they clearly thought it was in his past.  But, to deny the agent didn't know?"

From Wikipedia, "To compensate for the small signing bonus, the deal also includes a series of roster and workout bonuses that add up to an additional $700,000, which means that Hernandez can wind up getting the money a third-rounder would over four years, but he's gotta walk the straight and narrow line to do so."

His signing bonus was lower, but his contract was MUCH higher than the other draft picks in that 4th round. The first pick in that round got a 4 year, $2.3 million dollar contract with a $552,000 signing bonus. Hernendez got a 4 year, $3.7 million dollar contract despite being drafted 14 picks later. Only one other player in that round got a contract worth over $3 million, almost all of them were in the $2.3 million range. To somehow conclude that because his signing bonus was a little lower than other picks in that range "somewhat proves it's a bit more than just the weed, so it's safe to say not only the agent that "gang life" element at least existed." when you look at the total contract is wrong.

http://forum.walterfootball.com/showthread.php?18052-2010-Draft-Signings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Do you really think that a agent cares what his client does ?The agent is working to get the best deal possible for his client and gets paid from that its that simple! The employer in this case the pats have much more to lose then the agent ,so the Pats arent going to take the agents word and learn on the agent for advise like ned said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

As long as the agent is raking in millions off guys like Hernandez they pretty much ignore the shaddy stuff.  The agent can counsel the players to some degree but they don't want to pizz them off to where they get a new agent.  Sure the agent knew Hernandez was trouble but he is in no way responsible for his actions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

LOL - $58M for a bum like Sancheez and $41M for a gang-banging, weed-smoking sociopath....and the conclusion is his career is in jeopardy?

The logical conclusion would be he's a superagent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Sorry no "Nanny agents" on record......

Blame game efforts must then continue I'm guessing....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The writing was already on the wall.  They didn't need David Dunn to put out more warnings, disclaimers, or anything else like that.  It was a known fact that Hernandez was a shady kid with possible gang ties prior to the draft....

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots selected Florida tight end Aaron Hernandez in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL draft despite various red flags that reportedly caused other teams to remove him from their draft boards completely.

Belichick certainly took a major risk on Hernandez, and by the sounds of it he may have been the only one willing to do so at such an early point in the draft.

There’s a reason many teams stayed away from Hernandez. Hearing the phrase “potential gang ties” should steer any team clear away from a player, even a team known to practice the so-called “patriot way.” Maybe Belichick thought he could help Hernandez turn his life around. Perhaps he just didn’t care.

Either way the decision was a bad one. The writing was clearly on the wall. Belichick stands alone on this one.

One AFC executive says Belichick was the only one willing to take Hernandez in the fourth (per Rotoworld):

The executive says that Hernandez was a clear second-round talent at the time, but his off-field issues raised serious red flags. Many teams completely removed him from their draft board. Although Hernandez appeared to keep his nose clean through three seasons with the Patriots, we’re now learning of other incidents prior to Wednesday’s murder charge. A Connecticut man has filed a civil suit in Florida alleging Hernandez shot him in the face in February, he reportedly had a run-in with a Jets fan in May in which a gun was involved and a picture has surfaced of him standing in a mirror holding a gun. Hernandez also had failed drug tests while with the Gators and is rumored to have gang ties.

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/06/27/bill-belichick-may-have-been-only-one-willing-to-take-aaron-hernandez/

------------

Pathetic attempt by Rusty to play the blame game and point fingers at Dunn.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sick of the blame game, not just in this case, but in our whole liberal society. Its never the individuals responsibility to do the right thing, get an education, stay out of the wrong places, stay away from 'those kinds of people', work 40 (or more) hours a week to pay the bills and get ahead, raise the kids right etc, etc, etc... There is someone else to blame (or it's society in general), its always someone elses' fault... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm going to stick up for numbnuts on this one. That agent got a sweet deal very early with very suspicious terms that just don't ordinarily happen. It's worth some conjecture, and not necessarily subject to being dismissed out of hand.

Think real world. Maybe a PI was hired to scope some things out to give the agent a leg up on what his little cash cow was up to. Who knows? Weirder shyte has happened.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm going to stick up for numbnuts on this one. That agent got a sweet deal very early with very suspicious terms that just don't ordinarily happen. It's worth some conjecture, and not necessarily subject to being dismissed out of hand.

Think real world. Maybe a PI was hired to scope some things out to give the agent a leg up on what his little cash cow was up to. Who knows? Weirder shyte has happened.

What a strange day, I'm agreeing with him too. I feel kind of embarrassed and ashamed at the same time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

What a strange day, I'm agreeing with him too. I feel kind of embarrassed and ashamed at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. But if we agree when he is actually not completely FOS, that might allow him to improve his warped view on the world? NAH!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I think the blame should go to his elementary school. When he handed in his Curious George book report and did the make-it-rain celebration to the teacher in 3rd grade, then told the 5th grade teacher he was 'gonna discount double check her fine self after class', and then threatened to bust a cap in the principals heiney for not letting him cut in lunch line, someone should have seen the warning signs.