AJ hawk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

AJ hawk?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_hawk_could_be_cut_by_super_bowl_champs/4271489

rumor has it that due to his high salary he is going to be cut by the packers.  I wouldn't mind pairing him up with mayo in the middle!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: AJ hawk?

I always liked his play. Can he move to OLB?

He seems small to do it.

I don't see him wanting to come here because of the Mayo/Spikes/Guyton combo.

It's not a guarantee he'd start over Spikes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to AJ hawk?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aj_hawk_could_be_cut_by_super_bowl_champs/4271489 rumor has it that due to his high salary he is going to be cut by the packers.  I wouldn't mind pairing him up with mayo in the middle!
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

He had a grand total of 1/2 sack in 2010. Why in the world would we want him and his $10 mil salary?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he was an OLB at The Ohio State University and quite a beastly pass rusher there and provided alot of pressure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If the price is right why not. We signed Stroud so you never know with BB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He was a very good OLB in a 4-3. He is not able to play OLB in the Pats 3-4 with any real effectiveness. In the Pats scheme he would be an ILB. I expect that the money will be spent elsewhere but he would be a good player to get - money issues aside.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't think he'd be a good fit. If thry're going to run a 3-4 they need outside passrushers who can also cover. They are pretty good inside. They just need pressure to take the heat off the secondary. Unless the CBA gets done there will be no FA signings, anyway. I suspect if that's the case there will be more visits than usual. And a mad rush once a deal is in place!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hawk is much better than spikes and he doesn't have the off field issues for which spikes was suspended during his college career or NFL career. Hawk is an animal and one hell of a LB.  Do i think we will sign him, no but it would be amazing to see him next to mayo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He was a beast in college and has bever lived pu to the #10 pick. Someone said he's better than Spikes...I don't see how you come to that conclusion when Hawk has been mediocre for a few seasons, and you've only seen Spikes play in 13 total, and he was playing pretty well before the suspension...which leads me too...

Look at Hawk in college and now...he reaks of 'roids to me. Ironic considering Spikes' suspension, I know. But Hawk BY FAR had his best year in Year 1, has 9.5 sacks TOTAL in 5 YEARS to go with 8 picks, a robust 2 forced fumbles and averages about 100 tackles per season. Average to below average across the board. Oh, and to anyone suggesting to realistically bring in Gholston, go back to watching the NBA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Best thing I've seen on Hawk is Brady Quinns sister

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdf63. Show rdf63's posts

This is simply a financial issue. Hawk makes $10M last year and if he stays with the Packers it has to be reduced. He is a good ILB but would be expensive and we don't want another Adalius Thomas type of situation again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: AJ hawk?:
    [QUOTE]Best thing I've seen on Hawk is Brady Quinns sister
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

is this a dude in drag?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]This is simply a financial issue. Hawk makes $10M last year and if he stays with the Packers it has to be reduced. He is a good ILB but would be expensive and we don't want another Adalius Thomas type of situation again.
    Posted by rdf63[/QUOTE]

Are you the Patriots CFO?? What the frig do you know about the finances?? I'm tired of all this WHINING about how "this guy cost too much" or "that guy cost too much". People cry about all the armchair GM's well what about all the armchair CFO's?? The Pats have PLENTY of money and our great owner Robert Kraft is one of the GREEDY faces of this whole CBA debacle. In other words lump him along with Jerry Jones and the head dictator Roger Goodell. Billiionaires crying about money! Oh, Kraft is also a big advocate of an 18 game sched.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ hawk? : Are you the Patriots CFO?? What the frig do you know about the finances?? I'm tired of all this WHINING about how "this guy cost too much" or "that guy cost too much". People cry about all the armchair GM's well what about all the armchair CFO's?? The Pats have PLENTY of money and our great owner Robert Kraft is one of the GREEDY faces of this whole CBA debacle. In other words lump him along with Jerry Jones and the head dictator Roger Goodell. Billiionaires crying about money! Oh, Kraft is also a big advocate of an 18 game sched.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

LOL.  You do realize that in all likelihood the salary cap will be back for any 2011-2012 season right?  What's wrong with fans not wanting the cap space appropriately utilized?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am not saying that spikes is a bad player i am just saying that hawk is better/faster.  Spikes has a bright future if he can stay out of trouble and continue to progress.  I just want the LB core to be one of the strengths of this team like it was during the SB years with vrable, bruschi, colvin, seau.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Some people are seriously ready to say that Brandon Spikes is not a good player after stepping out as a starter in his ROOKIE year???? Did anyone notice how effectively teams were able to run the ball on the Pats when he was suspended for the last four games??? Sometimes this board leaves me scratching my head... If the off field issues continue it may be a problem but something tells me BB wont tolerate it and that's a thing of the past! The kid is a player and has a good future on this team!
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think it's a strange analysis. To see a rookie MLB come in and play 3-4 and play well and then look for an upgarde is weird, especially the way BB used Guyton and Fletcher in passing downs.

I can see the disappointment with Spikes's judgement, but if the Pats don't see an issue and see them as poor decisions that won't re-occur, he's got as much talent as Hawk does there.  Keep him and continue to develop.

Plus, he's going to be far cheaper than Hawk as a free agent.

Mayo drives the bus at MLB and I like Spikes, Guyton and Fletcher as spot players.  Good mix.

That's not their issue. Their issue has been getting a pass rush from the edge, OLB play, and a settled DE spot for a full season.

Every single player on D will be even better if they get improved DE play and a pass rush.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]i am not saying that spikes is a bad player i am just saying that hawk is better/faster.  Spikes has a bright future if he can stay out of trouble and continue to progress.  I just want the LB core to be one of the strengths of this team like it was during the SB years with vrable, bruschi, colvin, seau.....

I think it's getting there. If they go high end in the draft at OLB, they are there in terms of talent.

Experience is coming.

Mayo has it, Spikes and Cunningham are getting it, Fletcher has some, Guyton has a bunch, and they have it in reserve types at OLB with Nink and TBC.

You get a Ryan Kerrigan at 17, for example, and this probably changes your entire view of the quality here.

Bruschi wasn't Bruschi until BB returned here and they started scheming with veteran players.

But BB already had experienced 3-4 guys here with McGinest, Law, Ted Johnson, Milloy, etc.

He had guys who knew where to be what to do already here by 2000.

BB is just starting from the ground up this time around. The base is now pretty much developed.

I saw improvement in every single LB this year from 2009 and the rookies were solid learning the 3-4.

Where is your complaint specifically, pass coverage?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

BBR Reigns---- says it all--- Draft-- 2 highest prioriies-- DE and OLB, both that have reps for getting to the QB!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

if we signed him could we have hawk and spikes up the middle because didnt mayo play a olb in college. I dont know if he did but i think he was but even than if he did in college it comes down to a 3-4 vs 4-3 he ran. Sound good mayo at olb, hawk and spikes mlb, and cunningham at olb on the other side. I'd rather draft a young olb in the first round but if this would work it saves us a pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

now is the time. He was just cut by the Packers...............

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

if he could rushe the passer he would have done it in GB

packers released him because hes a bad fit in a 3 4 D

hes gonna sign with a 4-3 team and play OLB

we should stay away from him, apparently hes a cancer in the locker room 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

mayo is too short to play OLB in BB's defense. but i wouldn't mind having a great rotation at ILB between mayo, hawk, spikes, guyton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AJ hawk? : I agree. I think it's a strange analysis. To see a rookie MLB come in and play 3-4 and play well and then look for an upgarde is weird, especially the way BB used Guyton and Fletcher in passing downs. I can see the disappointment with Spikes's judgement, but if the Pats don't see an issue and see them as poor decisions that won't re-occur, he's got as much talent as Hawk does there.  Keep him and continue to develop. Plus, he's going to be far cheaper than Hawk as a free agent. Mayo drives the bus at MLB and I like Spikes, Guyton and Fletcher as spot players.  Good mix. That's not their issue. Their issue has been getting a pass rush from the edge, OLB play, and a settled DE spot for a full season. Every single player on D will be even better if they get improved DE play and a pass rush.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

bbreigns,

"Every single player on D will be even better if they get improved DE play and a pass rush."

so who you gonna get for that? who is on your radar and how and when do we get him?

thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]mayo is too short to play OLB in BB's defense. but i wouldn't mind having a great rotation at ILB between mayo, hawk, spikes, guyton.

good point! but will he take less than 10 m a yr?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]BBR Reigns---- says it all--- Draft-- 2 highest prioriies-- DE and OLB, both that have reps for getting to the QB!!!!!
    Posted by jjaycee[/QUOTE]

jjaycee,
        my sentiments too. so who do you go after?