al harris?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

al harris?

he got released and he could bring a veteran knowledge to the dbs. he is good and he could mentor devin mccourty. our dbs are alright but next year with mccourty, bodden and harris playing corner would be sick with merriweather and chung both out at safety. at least if we pick this guy up than we dont have to use a draft on a db and we could use that at like O or D line or receiver. anyone else thing we could use him. i'm sure we could make a roster spot to if needed. i'd be very happy to see him on our defensive back field with mccourty

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: al harris?

I am a fan, but why was he released?  That's the question.  Woodson and he held the fort there in GB.

Who outplays him now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Which one was he?  Milli or Vinilli?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

I think they should get him,Patriots always in need of corners.Which would take the best reciever away from Mccourty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nah, they'd keep McCourty on the left, Harris would compete with Arrington the right, his normal side.

BB doesn't move CBs around in this system.

He plays mostly a zone scheme, so there is no point to move CBs around for match up purposes.

Not sure about any of you, McCourty has been outstainding for a rookie starter at LCB.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Big question is why did they release him in the 1st place? I suspect it has less to do with injury (he passed physical) and more to do with a couple of their younger corners starting to play well. Who knows.

He still has to clear waivers however. At least we are not last in line this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Word is he is healthy and hungry per the new Globe national writer who replaced crappy Breer, Greg Bedard. Would be a cost issue or obviously how he is seen in this system here/how BB feels the quality and depth is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

They dropped him because they had 3 younger CB's who have according to them have the potential to be pretty good corners.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I am all for bringing in Al Harris. He is used to the cold weather. Has played deep into the playoffs. We need a 2nd CB and his experience is valuable and he is not old by any means.

Hope the Patriots sign Al Harris.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: al harris?:
    [QUOTE]I am all for bringing in Al Harris. He is used to the cold weather. Has played deep into the playoffs. We need a 2nd CB and his experience is valuable and he is not old by any means. Hope the Patriots sign Al Harris.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

All these reasons are why I would want to bring him in.  Good post.  The veteran leadership and skills he has would bolster our secondary.  McCoutry, Harris, Arrington, Butler would be a good crew going down the stretch. 

Plus I am sure he could play a little Safety as we are hurt in that area. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

he had knee surgery and the guy who is filling in for him has been very stable and is still pretty young. his name is tramon williams i think

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

If he is healthy now and can run, Al Harris is worth a shot.  We can use the help as Arrington does not look to me like the answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Al Harris was a big part of why that D was good last year, you just don't release a guy like that.  There's a reason and I think the Pats have a good scouting dept that will turn all the stones before they say yey or ney but overall he wouldn't hurt.

He can play the role we all thought Bodden would before the season ending injury.  Harris has been around and has played in a 34 D for a few years now.  He wouldn't hurt unless there's something that's not known yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well, he has the right hair.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

definitely worth a shot... Harris has been an effective corner over the years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Problem is Harris has not been on the field this year recovering from a horrific injury. How long until he can get on the field? Week 10? Week 11?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

[QUOTE]Problem is Harris has not been on the field this year recovering from a horrific injury. How long until he can get on the field? Week 10? Week 11?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    He's not 100% yet, and the packers figured they would be better off with the roster spot due to their young corners stepping their game up.  So he would still be productive but not 100%

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: al harris? : He's not 100% yet, and the packers figured they would be better off with the roster spot due to their young corners stepping their game up.  So he would still be productive but not 100%
    Posted by J-Money12[/QUOTE]
    So let me get this straight. A not yet healthy Al Harris who has not played a snap this year should be expected to out perform Arrington or a 100% healthy practicing every day Butler?
    Pats December games include the Jets, Bears, Bills and Dolphins (and the Packers). I'll take the DB that can hold the edge and is a sure tackler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It would depend on how healthy he was (he did get cleared by the doctors to play). Some veteran leadership in the secondary may help out a lot. Even if they switched on and off, depth at DB is a good thing! I'm sure BB is doing his homework. Does anyone know what his salary is? They'd have to pick it up if they put in a claim. If he clears he'd only get the minimum (GB would have to pay his contract salary). Not that there's an issue with the cap! I'm sure it would be a one year deal, and he'd be playing for a spot next season, somewhere. He could be a solid addition. The Packers just have a couple good younger guys who are cheaper.