Albert Breer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Albert Breer

For those of you not graced by the boston globe today here is AB's predictions for the AFC East.

Miami     10-6
    Jets       10-6
    Patriots    9-7
    Bills         3-13

I did not bother reading the rest of his affluent sewage, that was enough for me.
    Why is this guy even here? Ron Borges junior?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Albert Breer

Wow. I don't even click on his stuff in hopes of not giving him the clicks/reads.

I plan on sticking with Reiss and ESPNBoston.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

don't worry the guy only lasts 2-3 years at each destination and by my account he is on borrowed time ---- THANK GOD!! He is the worst!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

As posted in another thread......He is always the last with news, the last with updates, and always the last with breaking news.....I think he takes information from other journalists!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I don't think he's the best reporter but it's also pretty stupid to trash him for a prediction just because you don't like it or agree with it.  He doesn't work for the Pats and isn't paid to be a cheerleader. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I don't know. He's bad, arguably their worst analyst, but so is Gasper and Shalise.  Monique is pretty good.  She's the best one working on the Pats for the Globe.

They have a couple of interns, one being Rob Mays, who puts together good work, but they aren't the beatwriter types with hands on access and the ability to fully cover the team like these drips.

But, it's very clear the Breers, Gaspers and Young types are instructed to formulate negative and baiting premises in order to generate the revenue the NY Times expects to see from the website portion of their sales.

I might suggest the same approach, but it won't work in this market.

Fans here are too smart and passionate to play along.  And, if they think quick views and scans of their weak columns or crap on their blog is being taken seriously, they are very much  mistaken.

Reiss is the only one who has legit coverage.  Schefter is very good for a national coverage person.  LaCanfora is solid at NFL Network.

Other writers like Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwin, etc, have good understanding of the game and at least make sense.

Only Beer would think NE's BB and Brady are somehow not a major advantage in a QB/Coach based league.

Miami and NY have as many, if not more, issues than NE does.

And their QB and coaching positions are MAJOR question marks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

No, he does not work for the Pats, he only works for the lowly globe and he only is the main reporter for Boston.com, and he only does a horrible job on reporting all things Patriots. This is not one bad article but an accumulation of 2 years of bad reporting. If you were paying attention you would know that he is extremely slow at reporting news, he is the copy/paste king and he focuses on sensationalistic and negative news. A pot stirrer.

Ron Borges junior as i said earlier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You guys must like being ticked off by him 'cause you keep reading his sh!t.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Most fans don't know--- they are slanted by EMOTION- not reality. Patriots are weaker than before the SBs . Only Brady, Moss. hopefully Welker, and the O, MUST outscore opponents in 2010. the D wiil not hold enough- no pass rush, weak 2ndary. the D line- Wilfolk, LB- Mayo. This entire unit lacks leadership,plus, plus. Hope I'm all wrong. Perhaps BB will perform a miracle.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The most wins I've seen any reporter give the Pats is 10.  The general consensus is 9 from what I've seen.  So he falls in line with the middle of the roaders.  So this is not ground breaking news or anything that's close to being out of the norm.

I don't read much of Breer's stuff.  It seems very knee jerk reaction type of journalism. 

The concerns for the defense are real.  But I do believe that the defense gets too much of the attention in the overall scheme of things.  The offense should be potent.  The punting game alone should will not place the Pats into very uncomfortable situations like it did last year.  Exposing a questionable defense even more. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm with digger on this one.

There's a very specific reason why Albert Breer doesn't bother me at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

The guy is absolute garbage.  You can just tell what articles are his by the title.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Garytx, most of the reporters I've read that grade the Pats out at less than ten wins, site the Patriots are really, really,  old and need to get younger. In other words, most of them are "cut and pasters" and really have no clue about the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

BTW, how do you tell who wrote an article on here without opening it up? They used to tell you on the teaser on the main page but they don't anymore so I stopped reading most of them. I'd probably read more if I knew they weren't written by Breer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

whether you think the pats will have 10 wins or not doesnt matter breer has miami winning 10 most sportswriters, analysts, ex jocks have miami finishing 3rd in the diision.. hey are as young as the pats on D and dont have 1/2 the offense the pats do...... breer likes miami... hes infatuated with the jets and he hates the pats...  and hes a patriots reporter...   controversial or just stupid???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Albert Breer:
    [QUOTE]Most fans don't know--- they are slanted by EMOTION- not reality. Patriots are weaker than before the SBs . Only Brady, Moss. hopefully Welker, and the O, MUST outscore opponents in 2010. the D wiil not hold enough- no pass rush, weak 2ndary. the D line- Wilfolk, LB- Mayo. This entire unit lacks leadership,plus, plus. Hope I'm all wrong. Perhaps BB will perform a miracle.    
    Posted by jaycee1m[/QUOTE]

I don't think you remember the 2001 team.  Or 2003,  or 2004 for that matter.  Remember having to use Troy Brown as a defensive back?  Remember Antowain Smith?  Who played corner opposite Ty Law?  How many times did we watch punt fall short?  What did Jermaine Wiggins do OUTSIDE of the playoffs in 2001?

Point I'm trying to make here, those teams were not held in high esteem by the media.  only exception was the 2004, they got SOME love, but in truth, the Media wheels didn't start really liking us till 2005, which is laughably ironic.  

I don't know how this team will do, but I believe that many of my concerns watching last years games were addressed.  Our offense seems set to have a varied attack that concentrates on converting on 3rd down and scoring in the red area.  Our defense, slow and bad in coverage, is faster and seems to defend the pass better.  The pass rush still makes me nervous, as I haven't seen them get there yet.  But they are close, and scheme MAY fix that.  But we were in most games last year, and small improvement on D and larger improvements on O should get us over the top.  Dolphins are a bit better, but not much.  Jets actually took a step BACK on offense, I think.  Defense seems the same.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

I miss Mike Reiss and Reisses Pieces
    ohh, the boston globes glory days

ESPN boston is where its at

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Did you stop to consider that maybe he does this to get read?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]Garytx, most of the reporters I've read that grade the Pats out at less than ten wins, site the Patriots are really, really,  old and need to get younger. In other words, most of them are "cut and pasters" and really have no clue about the Pats.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

You have just proven how little you actually know about the Patriots with this post.  Good job

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Most fans don't know--- they are slanted by EMOTION- not reality. Patriots are weaker than before the SBs . Only Brady, Moss. hopefully Welker, and the O, MUST outscore opponents in 2010. the D wiil not hold enough- no pass rush, weak 2ndary.he D line- Wilfolk, LB- Mayo. This entire unit lacks leadership,plus, plus. Hope I'm all wrong. Perhaps BB will perform a miracle.    
    Posted by jaycee1m[/QUOTE]

Where do people get the idea that the Patriots secondary is weak? Butler and McCourty were going to be the starters next season, how are they weak? And as far as pass-rush goes, Murrell got to Drew Brees in the preseason, but last night Jared Allen couldn't find Drew Brees with a flashlight. I know it was just preseason, but Murrell still had to face the starting RT of the Saints. We've yet to see Jermaine Cunningham play, but we just write him off. I'm not saying we have an all-pro OLB unit, but if Belichick is scheming for a defense I wouldn't be so quick as to write them off. Can we have some faith in our coach, please? He's schemed defenses to 5 different SB wins. Let him do what he does best. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I like what I saw from McCourty's play as far as the excitement be brought.  When our D seemed flat during the preseason he seemed excited to be out there playing his position.  The one play I am sure all of us remember was when he knocked the ball away from Roddy White on the slant.  He plays physcial and looks like he welcomes the challange.  I believe he will be a play maker for us, but with that said I am sure he will also get burned here and there as this should be expected from a rookie CB.

I also want us to be more excited about the potential with Darius.  This guy looked like our best CB at times athletically last year, even though Bodden showed us his great consistency.  Darius flashed us some play makig ability and if he get's his hands on it he can take it to the house.  I'm sure BB's scheming is going to help these young guys out.  BB did not show the world in preseaosn his defensive plans.  Let's get serious because he doesn't even talk about injuries, why would he give all his schemes away in preseason.  I still see needs in pass-rush, but maybe that's in the works.

Of course we are going to go through some tough times with this young D, but BB is not insane as some have said.  This guy is not playing russian roulette here.  I am sure he see's something special in time.

I think we are going to be surprised.  Only concern of our CB's is depth, not the starters.

CB's must have a short memory.... and Tom Brady....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

That's kind of funny, I have the Pats at 10-6 (a strong ten-and-six, not a flakey ten-and-six like 2009), the Jets falling somewhere around .500, the Bills just below .500, and Miami rounding up last with a less than .500 record as well. I think I am one of the only people in America picking the Bills to finish third in the AFC East this season, and the Dolphins last. Interesting, we'll see what happens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

As soon as I heard that Brady had signed his extension, I immediately came to BDC to see if Breer had anything to break...but yet again, scooped by Schefter, and of all people...PETER KING! haha sorry Breer

But in all honesty, it's not that he hates on the pats, he doesn't write anything people of the area want to read. Prime Example: going on a tour of other teams' training camps?! I don't give two sh$%s about what the redskins are doing in TC! What I want to know is how our guys look and what's going on down in Foxboro.

Example 2: That slam article on Moss the other day saying things rarely end well with Moss...you know why that is?! Because he got stuck with nobody to throw him the ball, and he was tired of busting his behind and wasting his SUPREME talent only to have his QB get sacked again and again..once Culpepper got busted up, it was all downhill from there. And let's not forget, it was ONLY 2 teams, one of which was Oakland. That doesn't even count as a team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

".He is always the last with news, the last with updates, and always the last with breaking news.....I think he takes information from other journalists!"

Yup, he's horrible. But pretty much the entire Globe stinks now. Gasper blows too, and Mazz hasn't lifted a finger off his keyboard to do actual primary research in ages. 

Having said that I'm not sure I see what's so wrong with Breer's picks. It's not really off what most folks have picked, though not all are high on Miami. I think Miami's gonna be solid. I see a three horse race for the division.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

People who are 100% confident in our corners going into the season just aren't grounded in reality.  I'm not saying our corners will be bad--in fact, I have very high hopes for McCourty and am hoping for the best from Butler--but these guys are too young and untested for anyone to know whether they can play at a high level or not.  And even if they do turn out to be top-notch players, they are certain to go through at least some growing pains this year.  Corner is a hard position to learn, and guys don't usually step in and play perfectly from their first day in the NFL. 

I'm sure even BB is nervous about his corners this year.  So, yeah, it's wrong to say corner is a disaster for us yet--but it's equally wrong to assume we have nothing at all to worry about with our starting corners.  Time will tell, but going into the season corner is a big question mark. It could turn out fine.  It could be a disaster. 

Tomorrow's game will certainly be interesting, though, because our young guys get matched up with good receivers on a team with a good quarterback.  If our corners hold up well, I'll be significantly more confident about their ability to hold up for the season.  If they struggle, though, I won't get all depressed, because it's still early and they've got some time to learn before we're really in trouble. This could be a work in progress and our week seven corners could have the same names as they did in week one, but be very much better players.