Alex Smith Outstanding

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Alex Smith Outstanding

Like I said in the other thread, hes not Joe Montana, but he might just be Phil Sims. And it also shows what you can do when you have a D you can rely on. How effective would Brady be if he had Smith's defense? The world may not be ready for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty if Brady played like Smith did in either of their losses or like he did against Seattle you would probably have a straight up coronary.  I cannot believe you are talking about not throwing picks and then mentioning a trio of QBs who all have more picks than Brady in less passing attempts. Smith is the definition of average.  There is a reason Harbaugh worked out Gomer this offseason despite Smith coming off a career year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty if Brady played like Smith did in either of their losses or like he did against Seattle you would probably have a straight up coronary.  I cannot believe you are talking about not throwing picks and then mentioning a trio of QBs who all have more picks than Brady in less passing attempts. Smith is the definition of average.  There is a reason Harbaugh worked out Gomer this offseason despite Smith coming off a career year.

[/QUOTE]

I think hes a little better than average. Hes very efficient, although a little sloppier this year than last. But no one is saying hes Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hole on Russ..I don't know where to start on this weird rant...are you saying you want Brady to be more like Alex smith? Alex smith is not in Eli's league, forget aboutn Brady's. Those 2 guys win games , Alex smith lets his defense do it and aLl he has to put up is about 17 points per game. 

I am going to quit before I say something disparaging...you often makes some valid point but not on this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

That's Niner football. Time consuming drives with lots of running, some short passes, move the chains, ball control. It's not explosive but safe and works well with their very good defense. They don't have as many possessions as a team like the Patriots but it works for them. If I have a QB like Brady, Manning, or Rodgers I want him to have Extra possessions . Alex Smith maybe not so much. Works well for them though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Any chance Rusty can get to take a subtle dig at Brady he will.

It's sickening, really.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Putting Alex Smith adn TB12 in the same sentence jsut isn't right. Rusty would you rather have ahd Alex Smith as your QB for the last 10 years?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Turning into a great game manager type like Schaub is in Houston or what Eli does in NY. Lean on the run game, don't throw any INTs, move the sticks.

The QBR is the most overrated stat in sports. Move the sticks. 3 TDs, 300 yards, no turnovers, rest your D.

That's the key.  Maybe Brady can channel what he created someday yet again. The clock management in this one shows how much Alex Smith helps his nice D.

We're not far off from this.   The way they run their offense though, kills the way we run ours. Smith is under center more frequently, Gore is the lead back and they just don't take chances in the air.

Hunter is our Vereen or Woodhead.   The difference is, he isn't considered the feature back.  

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Turning into a great game manager type like Schaub is in Houston or what Eli does in NY. Lean on the run game, don't throw any INTs, move the sticks.

The QBR is the most overrated stat in sports. Move the sticks. 3 TDs, 300 yards, no turnovers, rest your D.

That's the key.  Maybe Brady can channel what he created someday yet again. The clock management in this one shows how much Alex Smith helps his nice D.

We're not far off from this.   The way they run their offense though, kills the way we run ours. Smith is under center more frequently, Gore is the lead back and they just don't take chances in the air.

Hunter is our Vereen or Woodhead.   The difference is, he isn't considered the feature back.  

[/QUOTE]

Eli has 8 int's this year at the half way mark He had 16 int's last year. He had 25 int's the year before.

Smith is nothing like Eli.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any chance Rusty can get to take a subtle dig at Brady he will.

It's sickening, really.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, very sickening and SICK.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Big turn around from last week.  After last weeks game I thought Smith should be looking over his shoulder for more Colin Kaepernick to take plays away from him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

When you have an elite D you don't need a high stat QB, just need a good game manager. When we had our D you notice Brady was considered more of a game manager then an elite QB. But, then the D starting falling apart and Brady needed to morph into an elite high stat QB just to keep winning. Hopefully we are starting to see the D trending back towards the elite catagory because Brady is getting older and will eventually retire. The next QB I'm hoping can be a good game manager and has time to grow like Brady did, provided the D is there to help them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If Smith were the QB of THIS team we would lose by 20 points every single week. Don't go confusing San Fran's D with ours. Wow, just wow. I'm beside myself right now.

Yeah it's great that Smith is "managing" games, it's because he doesn't have to win them. Did you watch him play the Giants in the NFC Championship game? His defense stood on their heads during that game - all they needed was a QB that good do anything...he couldn't.

For the love of God!! Brady manages games and wins them! He has the least interceptions in the league. Put Brady in San Fran and they win the Super Bowl last year. Easy.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You have already made it clear in the past you would rather have Smith than Brady. Learn the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

He just wants... no need to argue.  That is why he posted a thread like this.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This thread was good for something after all!

I can add it to your list of stupidity (I forgot your infatuation for Smth...darn)

Carlos Dunlap=Not as good as Cunningham

Ocho Cinco=would of been good if not for Brady

Merriweather=Second best safety in the AFC

Patrick Chung=Troy Palumalu

LOgan Mankins=overrated

Clay Mathews=overrrated

McCourty=Revis

Alex Smith=better thaaaannnn Brady!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

You have to have a D that can keep a game low score to manage a game Rusty. How many point did they score verses held seattle's high powered offense again? SF is a team built around its D. Even you Rusty can't be that trollish. You can always become a SF fan, I'm sure they have a message board and would love to hear how much you love thier team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually, our D held the Giants to 13 points in the SB.  In the NFC title game, the SF D allowed NY 38 minutes of time, mostly due to two fumbles by a rookie SF kick returner.

Funny how our D DOES hold teams to 10-14 points for 3.5 qtrs and it's only when our offense can't move the sticks or run it decently, that those 10-14 pts allowed become 21 or more.

Hmm.

Do you really want to see a SB here again or not, because it ain't happening with the way the offense played im SB 42 or SB 46, hence the losses.

[/QUOTE]

HERE WE GO AGAIN.... BASH BRADY IN THE SUPERBOWL WHEN ITS WEEK 8 OF THE NEXT SEASON.  GET OVER IT! We get it the offense ruined your hopes and dreams.  Brady failed your whole offseason of being able to stick it to all the giants fans. For someone who always says he is so mush smarter than everyone you have some real hangups.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Everyone hates you, Rusty.  You made them hate you, one post at a time.  Any Rusty post is just a regurgitation of 1000000000 posts just like it for the last few years.  You are a tiresome nagging one note song, and people are TIRED of you.