Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

I can see why people get excited about these head cases. They're interesting. The guy might be a total nutbag and get suspended and try to choke someone. Or he could be the next Laurence Taylor or something. I mean it seems like the odds of him working out are good. All he has to do is basically not get arrested or punch someone. I've managed to do that my whole life, but it's harder for some people apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    [QUOTE]Most importantly.... Where did Kiper rank him? If they drafted him in the second and Wilson in his spot would it be OK? Will BB get an "A" grade now before anyone actually plays? Will TexasPat go away or keep whining like a girl?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Don't you think it's time to stop sleeping with your BB blow-up doll?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

[QUOTE]Most importantly.... Where did Kiper rank him? If they drafted him in the second and Wilson in his spot would it be OK? Will BB get an "A" grade now before anyone actually plays? Will TexasPat go away or keep whining like a girl?

Exactly.  Let's all just pretend that he drafted Dennard in the second and Wilson in the 7th.  There, doesn't that feel better?  All better now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Kids got a lot of fire!!!!!!! Wahooooo!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Dennard was arrested last week on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest after a bar fight
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Come on, like we haven't all done this before.  GIve the kid a chance.  What a steal in the 7th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Excellent pick! Aside from the obvious 1st round picks Bequette and Dennard were also great picks and guys that should contribute right away Imo. Dennard is a steal at where he was picked, BB knew he would fall and was waiting.

The defense is going to be vastly improved, maybe even the strength of the team now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)

Record: 8-8

Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

It says a lot about last year's draft that Cincinnati can put the focus back on defense with one of its first-round picks in 2012. Dennard is a solid, physical cover corner who would offer a talent upgrade in the secondary. The Bengals could go a few directions here, but after getting a decent year out of veteran Nate Clements, they should look at getting a younger player who can develop even as he helps early. Dennard fits the bill.

January 18th Kiper had him 17th

6 weeks later he ran a slow 40 and became a late 2nd-early 3rd rd talent b/c he was going to be a FS and not a CB, still he's a cover guy and a physical guy, so he'd make a great safety

But the only reason he dropped from 40-70 range to 224 was b/c he assaulted the cop... if he's not going to do stuff like that ever again, he could pair with Chung as a great young safety duo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Assault on a police officer could easily be he pushed or brushed up against the officer while in a sculffle at the bar-cops always upgrade  the charges- I shoplifted when I was 18 and they arrested me for felony theft-later reduced to petty misdemeanor--lets not judge this cop assault thing--I'm sure Billy did some vestigating on the incident and talked to his college coach-chill-he's a steal!In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

yeah the cops always make the charges worse than they are.

I swerved to hit a deer once and hit a stone wall, shifted some stones, got my car stuck in the ditch next to it, had a friend pick me up, figured I'd call a tow truck in the morning since it was 2am.

I was awakended by the cops at my door, gave me a ticket for 'evasion' (which is a felony for property damage hit and run) apparently this 1700's farm stone wall was on someone's property in the middle of nowhere side of the woods and a few stones were out of place. $1,500 in lawyer fee's later I got a ticket for 'traveling too fast for the conditions'

such B.S. hahaha

anyhow thats my rant, hopefully Dennard is a good kid that made a dumb/drunk/college type mistake that so many of us do at that age

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Exactly.  Let's all just pretend that he drafted Dennard in the second and Wilson in the 7th.  There, doesn't that feel better?  All better now?
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

YES!!!

hahahaha

thats what I've been doing all day, 2 weeks ago if we swapped their places nobody would have acted like it was Armageddon yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i really like this signing! low cost, high reward potentially!  if we can get him to tow the line he will be the steal of the draft!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : +1
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

+4

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Exactly.  Let's all just pretend that he drafted Dennard in the second and Wilson in the 7th.  There, doesn't that feel better?  All better now?

thanks for the laugh!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

+5

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

+5

totally done with the "but Mel Kiper said" experts on this board. 

This may have been a great draft or a terrible draft, and we won't know for several years, regardless of what ElDunk might say. 

But the one thing that troubles me is the misinformed stuff. All this talk about how no other team wanted Wilson becuase he wasn't at the combine, then we find out today a bunch of teams were working him out on their own. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Got to love this one, watched him play a couple of times. He can bring it. If he stays cool he will be one of their best dbs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Offer the kid a Hernandez-like contract.

Hernandez got third-round money as a fourth round draft choice.  The only catch is that if he messes up just one time, he loses nearly everything!  Hernandez thought about it and took the extra cash.  He hasn't messed up yet.  Ka-ching!

The Patriots are out a little extra pocket change, but in return they've given opposing defenses all sorts of nightmares.  Win-win.

Dennard can have, say, an extra $100,000 for free!  All he has to do is keep his nose clean for the duration of the contract, he can still drink a little but he can't get caught embarrassing the team, or else he loses some of what he would have gotten as a lowly seventh rounder.  Deal?  If Dennard doesn't sign the deal, he might get cut anyway in August, so he might as well take the deal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dennard was actually considered a late first round prospect before they started the good old draft process of interviews and measurables (of course his last college game didn't help). Then he goes out and punches a cop! The truth is there aren't many guys in an NFL locker room that you'd feel comfortable inviting over to Thanksgiving dinner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's a great thing to do with a seventh round pick . . . most seventh round picks are busts, so if he's a bust, it's no big deal.  If he works out, great!  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though . . . lots of trouble in his past . . . may not be disciplined enough to make it in the NFL. But if he can get his act together, it looks like he's got some talent. Still, even a lot of talented guys don't make it . . . so it's still a long shot.  But in the seventh round everyone is a long shot and if Dennard's a better long shot than most it's a good pick.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]If Belichick can mold him into a good person, he is the absolute steal of the draft.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

I expect Wilfork and Mayo will be having a talk with him real soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I sense this is the guy we all be pulling for! Someone who has fuXxed up and will hopefully come back from it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

yes...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Who knows what really happened, it seems probable he did assault a cop he does appear to be a troubled kid. I like to judge people more strongly on what they do rather than what they have done. This kid has all the talent in the world and has just been given another chance and a great opportunity. Alfonzo Dennard....do something with your good fortune.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

COP on the whole are a waste of tax payer dollars because all they do is write tickets that are essentially overly priced so the government can line its pockets. Most officers are lazy power hungry idiots. There are exceptions, my onw aunt is a detective for the LAPD, but living in Southern California I can tell you the cops out here are about as smart as a woodpecker on an aluminum telephone pole.

As for this kid, maybe BB can find a way to harness the fire inside him that actually made him punch a COP. That or this kid will learn how quickly a 7th round pick can be dropped and completely forgotten in the NFL.