Alfonzo Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Alfonzo Dennard

Patriots may have just gotten the steal of the draft. This guy had top-round talent, and dropped because of a recent arrest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Re: Alfonzo Dennard

If Belichick can mold him into a good person, he is the absolute steal of the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"He could likely be picked in the late first or early second round."

Except he punched a cop last week.  Plunge! 

BB's players can usually control their violent tendencies.  They work out pretty well.  Exception:  Matt Light was a lousy puncher against Miami.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Most importantly.... Where did Kiper rank him? If they drafted him in the second and Wilson in his spot would it be OK? Will BB get an "A" grade now before anyone actually plays? Will TexasPat go away or keep whining like a girl?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    [QUOTE]Most importantly.... Where did Kiper rank him? If they drafted him in the second and Wilson in his spot would it be OK? Will BB get an "A" grade now before anyone actually plays? Will TexasPat go away or keep whining like a girl?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : +1
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

+2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

For all of you worried about free safety, that's for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Most importantly.... Where did Kiper rank him? If they drafted him in the second and Wilson in his spot would it be OK? Will BB get an "A" grade now before anyone actually plays? Will TexasPat go away or keep whining like a girl?

Perfect post. You beat me to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots have selected Nebraska cornerback Alfonzo Dennard in the seventh-round (224th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Dennard was arrested last week on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest after a bar fight in Lincoln, Neb. In his final collegiate game, the 2011 Capital One Bowl against South Carolina, Dennard was ejected for fighting.

According to the Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview, Dennard was projected to be a second or third-round selection. He rated 106th overall in the draft by Scouts, Inc.

The 5-foot-10, 205-pound Dennard was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2011. He played in 10 games (all starts), recording 31 tackles and six passes defensed (no interceptions). In 2010, Dennard started all 13 games, notching 30 tackles, four interceptions, and seven pass break-ups, earning second-team All-Big 12 honors.

Dennard is a native of Rochelle, Ga.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Held Michigan st star BJ Cunningham without a catch for the 1st time in 41 games, and Marvin Mcnutt to 2 receptions for 1 yard!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

This is certainly pretty important.  Hopefully, these picks won't pull a Crable on the team.  I guess we really won't find out for about 3 years how this years draft went.

However, the picks certainly give us reason for more optimism...even if some the picks appear odd...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : Perfect post. You beat me to it.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Just respond with a +3.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I was going to post another smart a $$ comment about how BB is drafting without a clue but I can't rise to the Shenanigan standard for nailing it.  I hope Wilson and this kid turn out to be the best safety combo in the league.  Actually I'll settle for productive and effective with Dennard getting his act together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hope he stays in great football shape while in prison. Did the Pats take him on recommendation from Lawrence Phillips?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This doesn't mean much, but NFL.com gave him a grade of 85.7...which by their standards, is the grade of an immediate starter...most people in the 7th round have a grade in the 50's to high 60's.

2nd round pick Janoris Jenkins had a grade of 86.

Interpret that as you will

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Great pick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Guy assualted a police officer and all people care about is if he is talented enough to help on the football field......sigh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Actually since they did get Dennard then yes it does kind of change things. You have two CB/FS converts one with a 2nd round grade (both arrest) and one with a 7th round grade. Both are taken with respective picks just flipped so now that the value present is what we expected then yes I think that changes everyone perspective. It was never the Wilson pick it was the perceived value at that pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]This doesn't mean much, but NFL.com gave him a grade of 85.7...which by their standards, is the grade of an immediate starter...most people in the 7th round have a grade in the 50's to high 60's. 2nd round pick Janoris Jenkins had a grade of 86. Interpret that as you will
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

Jenoris Jenkins is another 2012 NFL draft prospect. He is expected to be selected in the first round and is regarded as one of the best of the field at cornerback. However, he has a much more checkered past than Dennard. For his alleged role in a 2009 bar fight, in which he was tasered, he received probation. In early 2011, after being caught with marijuana twice, he was removed from the University of Florida team and he transferred to North Alabama

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I guess when you punch a cop a week before the most important time of your young life you get red flagged!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Assault on a police officer could easily be he pushed or brushed up against the officer while in a sculffle at the bar-cops always upgrade  the charges- I shoplifted when I was 18 and they arrested me for felony theft-later reduced to petty misdemeanor--lets not judge this cop assault thing--I'm sure Billy did some vestigating on the incident and talked to his college coach-chill-he's a steal!In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard:
    [QUOTE]Guy assualted a police officer and all people care about is if he is talented enough to help on the football field......sigh
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Interesting pick ... football talent wise ... great value .... maturity ...  ???? -- 

Have to hope that he does better than Merriweather in the long run and that the Patriots also learned a lesson about who is a thug ... who can turn the corner.

The key to ultimate success will be "how coachable is he?" 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

For those that whine and complain about giving Pats grades now and wait three years...stuff it. I'll rate now on my perception of their selections, and if I feel so compelled, I'll rate them again 3 years from now just to satisfy you. Because it sounds like you all are so annoyed that anyone would want to express their opinion in a number rather than 6 paragraphs. I suggest you also write to all the sports media outlets and compkain to them about rating teams draft as well. I change my rating from: -A day 1; F day two; A day 3: Overall Grade = B Looking forward to a kick butt D this season and a Super Bowl victory!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Assault on a police officer could easily be he pushed or brushed up against the officer while in a sculffle at the bar-cops always upgrade  the charges- I shoplifted when I was 18 and they arrested me for felony theft-later reduced to petty misdemeanor--lets not judge this cop assault thing--I'm sure Billy did some vestigating on the incident and talked to his college coach-chill-he's a steal!In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

If you click the link and read the article, he was actually in a bar fight, which the cops where called to break up, he literally punched the cop, and it took 4 officers to subdue him.  He was also ejected from his last game for fighting. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Alfonzo Dennard : If you click the link and read the article, he was actually in a bar fight, which the cops where called to break up, he literally punched the cop, and it took 4 officers to subdue him.  He was also ejected from his last game for fighting. 
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Kids got a lot of fire!!!!!!! Wahooooo!