All done here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: All done here

I guess this mighty clown is JintsFan since this thread was dug up a few minutes after the Giants Troll was scorched by Dave on another thread.

EXPOSED!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Your a good poster man but obviously your taking the whole internet forum thing a bit too seriously."

Yah - Dave good luck. Hope you find greener pastures, no one should stay here if they don't like being a part of things. Looks like the forum got under your skin further than it should have so I'm glad you're moving to a better spot for yourself. 

Enjoy the season, if we advance far in the playoffs drop in and say hi...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

two coments to the OP post:

Your are dead wrong. Every fan has the right and should express themselves anyway they feel compelled. That is what boards are all about... getting both spectrums of perception and everything in the middle.  You want to tell people to get in line and only say positive things? Wake up to the First Amendment dude.

Who cares if you leave the board? Its a desparate expression of self importance to announce it, like its an event.  Like a previous poster said, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your are dead wrong. Every fan has the right and should express themselves anyway they feel compelled. That is what boards are all about... getting both spectrums of perception and everything in the middle.  You want to tell people to get in line and only say positive things? Wake up to the First Amendment dude.

Who cares if you leave the board? Its a desparate expression of self importance to announce it, like its an event.  Like a previous poster said, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe it's a simple expression of frustration.

I remember being on this board back in 2004, when Pats fans (like MacPac) and non-Pats fans (like SteelerJim) were knowledgable football fans who enjoyed talking about various aspects of Patriots football, and could do so competently or, at least, in an entertaining way. In fact, when I was serving in Kuwait, I could keep more current with the Pats by hitting the bulletin boards than by reading the articles by Globe football reporters.

Now, sadly, an interesting, intelligent discussion about Pats football is depressingly hard to find. The forum has degenerated into:

1) Petty arguments from Pats fans bashing either the offense or the defense or certain players or certain coaches;

2) Non-Pats fans, with no insight on Patriots football, clogging the board with childish insults;

3) Whiny Pats fans, who, if the team doesn't draft all-pros every year; doesn't score every drive; doesn't three-and-out every opponent drive; doesn't win every game in a four touchdown rout...are ready to declare the season a total bust and BB the worst coach/GM of all time;

4) Guys who post any sort of fesces just to see their name and post-count on screen; and

5) Unknowledgable football fans, who have never played the game, but nevertheless find it necessary to wax endlessly about their genius, in complete oblivion to the ignorance they lay in their digital wake.

Towards that last point (#5), I have been a Bruins fan since I was a kid. I check out their bulletin board every day during the season, but I never post there, other than to say congratulations after a good season. The reason is that, though I have watched them for more than forty years, I have never played hockey, and one simply cannot understand the nuances of a game one has never played. So I'm content to read the thoughts of a few good posters over there who intimately know the game from experience.

Likewise, I read Mbeaulieau's draft thread religiously, but never post to it. Why? Because I don't follow college football closely enough to have a "scouting eye," so I don't feel I have much to offer. Still, his thread is one of the main reasons I come to this board, because it is hard to find his brand of intelligence elsewhere. Were he, and a couple of others, to leave, I would not be far behind.

So, while Davedsone's rant may have come across as whiny or self-important, I fully  understand the impetus behind it. The world is changing, and not for the better. People are becoming dumbed down and egoed up, and social media gives those who would never be listened to in the public square a place to express things no one wants to hear.

Online football heaven for me would be a Patriots forum where a discussion could be had about, say, tight end play (on which, I am not an expert), where Patriots fans who have actually played tight end could competently discuss the nuances of the postion. I would be in bliss if the discussion were so intelligent that a Russ Francis or Don Hasselbeck or Christian Fauria or East Boston Jerome felt compelled to drop in every once in a while. Posters would not have to agree, but they ought be thoughtful about why they believe what they believe.

Or (for something I do know about) a discussion about Devin McCourty, with Pats fans who actually played defensive back (as I did, albeit at Waltham High School), could speak openly, honestly and intelligently about his strengths and weaknesses (i.e., with respect to handwork, footwork, vision, play diagnosis, change of direction, backup speed, closing speed, upper body strength, elevation, ball skills, ball awareness, sideline awareness, run contain, tackling, jamming, blitz capability, playing in space, coverage ability, philosophy for usage in various defensive schemes, leadership qualities), without resorting to name-calling, grandstanding, bullsh!tting, or simpleton comments like, "He's great" or, "He  blows." There are but a handful of posters on this forum who could carry on a meaningful discussion here...but dozens with useless opinions they will proffer ad nauseum.

Instead of such heaven, we have our board, which hovers slightly above unmoderated hell. The endless whining; the endless Rusty/Babe nonsense; the endless Green and Blue New Jersey dudes with nothing to say but the need to speak; the Contrarians who can't get enough attention at home...

...and yet, a little light piercing the darkness...a Zbellino insight can make the experience worthwhile. An agsBill can make the experience thought-provoking. An Mbeaulieua thread can make the experience uplifting. A LazInTheNuthouse rant can make the experience psychotic, neurotic and thoroughly entertaining.

Machiavelli once said (paraphrasing) that stupid people never want to be led by someone  smarter than they, because the stupid live in fear that the smart will implement things they don't understand. By contrast, smart people always want to be led by someone smarter than they, because they live in hope that the smart will implement things they don't understand.

When a community loses a smart man like Davedsone, and is subsequently unmoved by the loss, it says more about the community than the man who left it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Well said sir

• NY-PATS-FAN4
    • First: 09/17/2009
    • Last: 11/06/2012

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well said sir

• NY-PATS-FAN4
    • First: 09/17/2009
    • Last: 11/06/2012

[/QUOTE]

Yes I second that!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe it's a simple expression of frustration.

I remember being on this board back in 2004, when Pats fans (like MacPac) and non-Pats fans (like SteelerJim) were knowledgable football fans who enjoyed talking about various aspects of Patriots football, and could do so competently or, at least, in an entertaining way. In fact, when I was serving in Kuwait, I could keep more current with the Pats by hitting the bulletin boards than by reading the articles by Globe football reporters.

Now, sadly, an interesting, intelligent discussion about Pats football is depressingly hard to find. The forum has degenerated into:

1) Petty arguments from Pats fans bashing either the offense or the defense or certain players or certain coaches;

2) Non-Pats fans, with no insight on Patriots football, clogging the board with childish insults;

3) Whiny Pats fans, who, if the team doesn't draft all-pros every year; doesn't score every drive; doesn't three-and-out every opponent drive; doesn't win every game in a four touchdown rout...are ready to declare the season a total bust and BB the worst coach/GM of all time;

4) Guys who post any sort of fesces just to see their name and post-count on screen; and

5) Unknowledgable football fans, who have never played the game, but nevertheless find it necessary to wax endlessly about their genius, in complete oblivion to the ignorance they lay in their digital wake.

Towards that last point (#5), I have been a Bruins fan since I was a kid. I check out their bulletin board every day during the season, but I never post there, other than to say congratulations after a good season. The reason is that, though I have watched them for more than forty years, I have never played hockey, and one simply cannot understand the nuances of a game one has never played. So I'm content to read the thoughts of a few good posters over there who intimately know the game from experience.

Likewise, I read Mbeaulieau's draft thread religiously, but never post to it. Why? Because I don't follow college football closely enough to have a "scouting eye," so I don't feel I have much to offer. Still, his thread is one of the main reasons I come to this board, because it is hard to find his brand of intelligence elsewhere. Were he, and a couple of others, to leave, I would not be far behind.

So, while Davedsone's rant may have come across as whiny or self-important, I fully  understand the impetus behind it. The world is changing, and not for the better. People are becoming dumbed down and egoed up, and social media gives those who would never be listened to in the public square a place to express things no one wants to hear.

Online football heaven for me would be a Patriots forum where a discussion could be had about, say, tight end play (on which, I am not an expert), where Patriots fans who have actually played tight end could competently discuss the nuances of the postion. I would be in bliss if the discussion were so intelligent that a Russ Francis or Don Hasselbeck or Christian Fauria or East Boston Jerome felt compelled to drop in every once in a while. Posters would not have to agree, but they ought be thoughtful about why they believe what they believe.

Or (for something I do know about) a discussion about Devin McCourty, with Pats fans who actually played defensive back (as I did, albeit at Waltham High School), could speak openly, honestly and intelligently about his strengths and weaknesses (i.e., with respect to handwork, footwork, vision, play diagnosis, change of direction, backup speed, closing speed, upper body strength, elevation, ball skills, ball awareness, sideline awareness, run contain, tackling, jamming, blitz capability, playing in space, coverage ability, philosophy for usage in various defensive schemes, leadership qualities), without resorting to name-calling, grandstanding, bullsh!tting, or simpleton comments like, "He's great" or, "He  blows." There are but a handful of posters on this forum who could carry on a meaningful discussion here...but dozens with useless opinions they will proffer ad nauseum.

Instead of such heaven, we have our board, which hovers slightly above unmoderated hell. The endless whining; the endless Rusty/Babe nonsense; the endless Green and Blue New Jersey dudes with nothing to say but the need to speak; the Contrarians who can't get enough attention at home...

...and yet, a little light piercing the darkness...a Zbellino insight can make the experience worthwhile. An agsBill can make the experience thought-provoking. An Mbeaulieua thread can make the experience uplifting. A LazInTheNuthouse rant can make the experience psychotic, neurotic and thoroughly entertaining.

Machiavelli once said (paraphrasing) that stupid people never want to be led by someone  smarter than they, because the stupid live in fear that the smart will implement things they don't understand. By contrast, smart people always want to be led by someone smarter than they, because they live in hope that the smart will implement things they don't understand.

When a community loses a smart man like Davedsone, and is subsequently unmoved by the loss, it says more about the community than the man who left it.

[/QUOTE]

get off your soapbox man

[/QUOTE]

An ironic confirmation of my soapbox.

16. This post has been removed.