All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited

Check this out:

4 Miami players arrested this offseason.

Plus one commenter was nice enough to document an entire history of Brandon Marshall's misgivings:
    - 2004 - college - Charged with misdemeanor trespassing, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, assault on a police officer 

- 2005 - college - Charged with misdemeanor retail theft 

- 2006 - involved in an argument outside a Denver nightclub with patrons; argument is reputed to have led to shooting that took Darrent Williams' life 

- 2007 - allegedly fired a gun at his own father outside a bowling alley; father refused to press charges 

- 2007 - Atlanta hotel - domestic dispute, struck his fiance with a closed fist; officers noted her bruised face; she refused to press charges 

- 2007 - South Florida - fiance filed police charges after a verbal domestic dispute 

- 2007 - Arrest; Colorado - domestic violence & false imprisonment 

- 2007 - Atlanta - domestic dispute - police find Marshall's fiance with a large cut on her thigh; no charges filed 

- 2007 - Atlanta - domestic dispute, Marshall punched fiance's face, then rammed her friend's SUV with his Escalade while trying to flee; no charges filed 

- 2007 - Atlanta - domestic dispute, Marshall hit fiance's face and choked her; no charges filed 

- 2007 - Arrest; Denver - DUI 

- 2008 - San Juan - Marshall hit fiance's face, choked her. Police report filed, no charges 

- 2008 - Arrest; Atlanta - 2 police calls in one night; Marshall was cut, Fiance was cut on the face; Marshall threw fiance's belongings out of the 20th floor condo window 

- 2009 - Arrest; Atlanta - arrested after an outdoor fight with his new fiance was witnessed by police 

While the Pats may have contract questions with Brady and Mankins and while they may have questions at outside linebacker, running back, and possibly left guard, things could be worse.  Upon realizing just how long the list of Marshall's discretions is, I'm glad he's not a Patriot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited

Very good player but sooner or later he will probably become a problem for Miami.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That Marshall...what a guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

She must really love him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

A. the phins didnt want him talking him talking to a guy who prides himself in being trained by dom imus and asking questions that a team doesnt want to take a PR hit on
    B. marshall hasnt been in trouble since the phins traded for and signed him...so ill give him the benefit of the doubt
    C. crusty, vontae davis have never been in trouble in his life...and i believe the same could be said for channing crowder
    D. this thread reaks of wishful thinking

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's simple.  If you're playing for the Fish and you want a big raise, do what Brandon did.  Down a fifth, drive home and hit somebody fragile.  The coach will call you a real man.

The Patriots had settled on a starting punter before their 2008 16-0 run.  He got involved in a domestic assault in August.  He immediately got punted all the way to T.F. Green Airport and the Patriots found some inadequate JAG to do his job that season.  That's one way to stop domestic assaults and DUIs -- put a six or eight figure price tag on them.  The other way is to perform due diligence and steer clear of these nuts in the first place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

This thread is pathetic..I mean c'mon really? When he's torching your secondary this year I'm sure you'll still be talking about his rap sheet. Notice how the world "allegedly" was used for most of those cases. I'm sure you'll be using the same lame excuse when he scores 4 td's against your secondary this year and how happy you'll be because "he's not on your team"...riiiigggghhhht. The man is no saint but let's see how he delivers on the field this year. At least he's not running over Meter maids because he's too high to drive or killing someone because they're driving drunk(Dante Stallworth anyone?)..and yes he was a Patriot. Marshall was charged and convicted of an oui...that's it. If we're discussing character issues he why not bring up a certain Qb who cheated on his girlfriend and had a kid with another woman? That's ok though because he plays for YOUR team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"Notice how the world "allegedly" was used for most of those cases"

Yes it is obvious a conspiracy against Brandon Marshal is out there. Good stuff bud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

is any of this really going to matter when the phins are smokin the pats like a blunt on sundays? eh? eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

so someone is going to have to point out to me how all is not well in miami...or did i miss something there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited:
    In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : Hilarious. I'd also like to compare weed possession or other minor misdemeanors to Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Marvie Harrison and Ben Rapelisturd's crimes. Those are all "allegedly" too. lol Lots of alleged crimes by all of those lovely individuals.
    Posted by russgriswold

Too bad 3 of those 4 won superbowls ...Again Marshall is no saint but to write him off because of his so called "rap" sheet is homerism at it's finest. Maybe Marshall realizes he has to grow up? Cris Carter did it. He had his off the field troubles when he was a young receiver. He eventually matured and became a great leader for his team. I'm not saying he's going to turn into Carter but his talent is undeniable. The 93 Cowboys were full of questionable character players but they braught it on the field every sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : Yes, it makes  perfect sense to reference a Moss misdemeanor or the lack of birth control one night by Bridget Moynihan as a plan to force Brady to marry her and compare it to Brandon Marshall's rap sheet. You are a very logical fan. lol Bill Parcells just bet the farm on Brandon Marshall leading Miami to a SB.  Good luck.
    Posted by russgriswold

Brandon Marshall plays every position? I thought it took a team to win the Superbowl..apparently not in your world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : Too bad 3 of those 4 won superbowls ...Again Marshall is no saint but to write him off because of his so called "rap" sheet is homerism at it's finest. Maybe Marshall realizes he has to grow up? Cris Carter did it. He had his off the field troubles when he was a young receiver. He eventually matured and became a great leader for his team. I'm not saying he's going to turn into Carter but his talent is undeniable. The 93 Cowboys were full of questionable character players but they braught it on the field every sunday.
    Posted by perfect72

I'm not sure what the original post is refering to but I will say as a NFL fan i think it was uncharacteristic of parcells to pay Brandon marshall this much money and basically bank on him to be the focal point of the Fins air game. For what it's worth I think Marshall could easily be the best wr in the league next year even with Henne throwing him the ball. He is that good. However without the proper decision making ability which he clearly does not possess it is too much of a gamble to put this guy in Miami where trouble finds you( I've lived in South Fl for 10 years). As a Patriot fan I am worried about what Marshall brings to the Fins offense and i think it is a reasonable concern. With that said I think BB has taken appropriate counter measures by re-signing Bodden and drafting McCourty with his 1st pick. Lots of high draft picks are now running the Patriots secondary to combat a "Quarter backs league"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol that sounds like a soap opera. Former fiancée new fiancée jesus.

The guy isnt going to be in the league for long. Former Broncos tried to get this guys head together and it didnt work. McDaniels wanted him to stay really bad and he couldnt. Shanny had a bunch of little girls in that locker room and he let them play. McDaniels came along and brought his hammer and they didnt want to listen. McDaniels blew it up and my hats off to him for it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

- 2009 - Arrest; Atlanta - arrested after an outdoor fight with his new fiance was witnessed by police 

"He's a basstard, but I love him." (SMACK)

It is just a matter of time till we hear about more than a slap. All that need be done for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : I am pretty sure having a drug problem and the stuff Marshall has been involved in are a little different, there, professor. You have this little problem understanding contexts.  Do you think stealing salt and pepper packets from McDonald's is the same as assault too? Good god. Seek help. This is like Pitt fans defending Rapelisturd. How hard is it to say, "he's a thug, but I hope it works out for my team"?  Is it that hard?
    Posted by russgriswold

and im sure every single pats fan in the world fully expected randy moss to turn in a model citizen who would never quit on his team, ever!

marshall hasnt done anything in miami and im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he does

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : and im sure every single pats fan in the world fully expected randy moss to turn in a model citizen who would never quit on his team, ever! marshall hasnt done anything in miami and im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he does
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I was a doubter with Moss, I'll admit it but what Russ is trying to say is that there's a huge difference in having some immature behavior and occasional, off-season substance use and having a long list of run-in's with the law.

If they were both my kids, I'd look at Randy Moss and say, "he's a young guy, wants to have fun, is making a ton of money, and maybe his friends aren't the brightest group but he's not raping, killing, stealing, stabbing, etc." With Brandon Marshall, I'd be a LOT more concerned because of all the run-in's with />> the law <<. Once or twice you could perhaps accidentally run into an issue but with that list, you have to see a pattern here...

You are who you hang out with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: All is not well in Miami + Brandon Marshall revisited : and im sure every single pats fan in the world fully expected randy moss to turn in a model citizen who would never quit on his team, ever! marshall hasnt done anything in miami and im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he does
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Good Luck Jimmy the odds are against you. It is a crazy place to live South Beach is where lots of beautiful women are after your money. He will be a target.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

No dought about it, he will have 3 td's a game against us, but he will get in trouble again and that means bye bye.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I miss the good O'l days, 2001, 2003,2004, and the nightmare 2007...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Eventually the punching and choking will result in a death. I do not understand woman who stay with any guy after one hit!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Eventually the punching and choking will result in a death. I do not understand woman who stay with any guy after one hit!
    Posted by raptor64d

I live in Miami, for a guy like Marshall this place is Kryptonite. He will implode here, you do not have the record he has with out having deep problems. This place will open them up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Every team has players with issues even ours.

Nick Kaczur - OxyC
    Kevin Faulk - Pot
    Ty Law - X
    Tom Brady - Manslaughter
    Willie Andrews - Gun

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Think of all the fun our corners will have messing with this touch holes mind.

25. This post has been removed.