All of a sudden the Ravens are so dangerous!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

All of a sudden the Ravens are so dangerous!!!

Since Ray has stated his retirement everyone has started talking about how dangerous the Ravens  are going to be in the playoffs. I don't see it. He will give them inspiration but that's it. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: All of a sudden the Ravens are so dangerous!!!

The Ravens did have a solid game a couple of weeks ago and that does make one pause. And they do ahve players who can step up. Even Flacco has done well in some playoff games and they do have some very good skill players. And they do have some play making players on D.

But they do not seem to be the team they were early in the year. I think they are too thin right now but they can kill you if you dont take them seriously.

So while they are not the most feared team in my book you really do need to take them seriously.

The Lewis thing is just hype.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If you make the playoffs you have to be taken seriously.  This is the best of the NFL after all. 

The face of the defense is Ray Lewis and like Lewis the defense has grown slower.  They aren't as feared as they once had been.  They look beatable.  But if you aren't careful they can still burn you.  The Colts will take them serious enough as this is their first playoff show with this coaching staff and a number of players.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If both the AFC favorites (Houston & Balt) win, I think that Balt could give Denver a scare or even beat them.  Remember, these two just met a few weeks ago, and while Denver won going away, it was a horrible pick 6 deep in Denver territory by Flacco late in the first half that really put Baltimore in a hole.  It was basically a 14 pt swing.  Baltimore still has enough horses to play tough, and I'm hoping that both them and Houston win this weekend so that Denver gets to face them in the divisional round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If they are healthy they are still a threat.  Some injuries like they have had then they really look bad.  It will be interesting to see how Caldwell calls the plays for them in the playoffs.  To me, that D just isn't like it used to be.  I think the Colts are riding high right now, I'm taking the Colts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

All of the AFC #3 through #6 seeds are amazingly weak compared to their NFC counterparts.  Baltimore started out as one of the NFL's oldest teams and they got younger as the year went on, which is a backhanded slap at the team.  As their good players broke down with advanced age they had to throw rookies and JAGs out on the field, or they had to let the geezers limp across the field on one leg.  Baltimore just about crashed and burned at the end, except the Giants didn't show up one day and so Baltimore got a division crown.

That said, the Colts are by far the weakest playoff team out there and Baltimore loves playing at home, so mean old Baltimore, and I mean old, will probably advance at home (but don't hold me to this guess).  Then everybody can really truly say how dangerous Baltimore is.  I'd write down "the clash of the titans" but Tennessee isn't any good either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

If the Ravens needed this motivation going into the playoffs, then they don't deserve to be playing. Simply being in the postseason and playing for a Super Bowl should be motivation enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Ravens needed this motivation going into the playoffs, then they don't deserve to be playing. Simply being in the postseason and playing for a Super Bowl should be motivation enough.

[/QUOTE]

I agree..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to FLY2K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since Ray has stated his retirement everyone has started talking about how dangerous the Ravens  are going to be in the playoffs. I don't see it. He will give them inspiration but that's it. What do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]

It's not that I think the Ravens will be that dangerous it's just  the sentiment they'll receive from potential biased officiating much like the Steelers received during Jerome Bettis's final year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They could be a factor. Sometimes when a D is getting old they coast a little bit during the season and dust off the big nasty for playoff time. Nobody should take them lightly. But the chances of them going all the way are very slim.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jim Irsay
    @JimIrsay

It's time to let The Monster get out of it's cage to feed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/MxEb3N7P

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]Jim Irsay

• ✔

@JimIrsay

It's time to let The Monster get out of it's cage to feed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/MxEb3N7P

[/QUOTE]

This is embarassing. -_-

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We nearly beat them with McCourty and Arrington at CB, Talib and Dennard would teach them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's trying to do what Bettis did for the 2005 Steelers by announcing his retirement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Ravens play us as if we have harmed one of their family members. They posses a true hatred for the New England Patriots. In today's league if you underestimate ANYONE you will lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to FLY2K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure that his retirement has much to-do with the reason why the pundits and the national press has jumped on their bandwagon. They're playing at home and are favored to advance. Which fuels further speculative chatter about how they match up against thier next opponent (either the Pat's or the Broncos). While I too am skepital of the Ravens ability to beat either on the road. They do have the componants to make a strong run and have always played us tough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought the Ravens were dangerous even before Lewis's announcement. They haven't been great this year, but they are an experienced playoff team that still has some talented players who won't be intimidated by the situation.  I don't think you should ever count a team with that kind of deep playoff experience out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Want Balt to play Denver before us just to hit them hard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yeah, we'll see. the fans in baltimore will get to see their original team make the ravens eat crow

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'd like to see them beat Denver but seriously doubt it. The only team that can take out Denver is the Patriots. Denver has a good defense, top 3 in the league and a very good offense, top 5. Its going to take a team that can score lots of points to beat them, not Baltimore.