All you Frauds want Mankins back!??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Re: All you Frauds want Mankins back!??

Si

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mankins, though I think he's massively overpaid and never shows up in the big games or commits costly penalties during those games, is our best run blocking OL with Solder a close second. 

Though it seems as if the Patriots are better without Mankins, they are not. He'll always give you 110% on everyplay and he managed to play with a TORN ACL AND MCL THROUGHOUT OUR PLAYOFF RUN LAST YEAR!!! 

The guy is all heart, I do wish he were a better pass blocker though since Osi made him look like a chump in '07 and JPP made him look like a chump last season (though on a bum knee), but there is NO ONE ELSE ON THE ROSTER THAT I WOULD RATHER HAVE PLAYING LG when Logan Mankins is willing to play. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Mankins is a beast.  The O line is currently surpassing our expectations as there was a huge amount of concern with them during preseason.  But Mankins does make this line better when he is healthy, which he hasn't really been this year.  Furthermore, he's the only offensive lineman we have that has attitude and a mean streak, which fires up the players around him and is a great psychological edge against the opposing D. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like him, but would rather give the money to Wes and go with Thomas at guard, draft another next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Although guards are something I believe you just don't pay for (unless they're an all world talent/change the way the position is played type). I think having Mankins on the team is a good thing - he's a good player, he's tough, physical and really you need guys like that on the team.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I disagree. Mankins has always been one of the if not the best run blocker in the game. He has always been a decent not spectacular pass defender. I don't think it's his fault we went so predictably and laughably pass heavy the last few years that all the opposing lineman could just assume it's a pass and launch off the line of scrimmage exposing his weakness more. In any kind of balance between run and pass, not only will he shine in the run game, he'll also do much better in the pass game since the opponents have to guess. I think part of the reason our OL is doing well this year is the run/pass balance.