Allen Robinson Round 2 pick for the pats ,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Allen Robinson Round 2 pick for the pats ,

Allen Robinson*, WR, Penn State 
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 204. 
    Projected 40 Time: 4.59. 
    Projected Round (2014): 1-2. 

1/13/14: Robinson played really well for Penn State in 2013. He demonstrated nice speed and run-after-the-catch ability to go along with his size. The junior recorded 97 receptions for 1,432 yards and six touchdowns. Robinson has shown nice quickness to get separation and pick up extra yards. He turned in many prolific games, including contests against Ohio State (12-173), Illinois (11-165) and Indiana (12-173). 

Robinson could be on the bubble between the first and second day of the 2014 NFL Draft. How well he runs at the Combine and his pro day will have a big impact on his draft stock. Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien developed Robinson well for the NFL. 

8/3/13: The 2012 season was a challenging year for Penn State and Robinson was one of the bright spots. He excelled in the Nittany Lions' new pro-style offense. Robinson hauled in 77 passes for 1,018 yards and 11 touchdowns after barely playing in 2011. He has good size and the only question is if he has enough speed for the NFL. 

the guy is beast we need a high WR the guy has speed and good hands 

a great round 2 pickup for the pats 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1go3MU9Cou4#t=94

p.s. an obrien coached WR is always a good thing .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1909246-allen-robinsons-updated-2014-nfl-draft-stock-after-declaring

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Allen Robinson Round 2 pick for the pats ,

I simply do not see a rookie coming in with this team, this offensive philosophy/play book and this QB and making an immediate sizeable contribution. I really think what we saw from Dobson and Thompkins is the high end of any first year players expectations with the Pats.

The key to this teams success at WR will be growth for Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins, signing an experienced free agent, and Amendolas health.  Any draft choice is for growth down the road IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

and what does this guy bring to the table that Dobson & Thompkins do not???

on the offensive side of the ball, drafting a Tight End and a Center are much bigger needs than Wide Receiver

defensively, we need some young, tough tackles and an athletic linebacker

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

You wanna talk WR in the draft? 

Kelvin Benjamin

Bradin Cooks 

Martavis Bryant

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd like a bigger RZ threat but not with a 2nd. Not to mention Robinson is tagged as a fringed 1st round talent so he might not even be available in the back of the 2nd. Personally I'd like to use the 1st and 2nd to find an anchor on the DL (which imo is more needed then another WR) and a top end TE (which we saw how much better the O functioned with Gronk so a TE could be more important then a single WR).

Some names with similar size and good ball skills to take a look at in the draft are:

Brandon Coleman from Rutgers 6'6" 220 4.6 - Because of a knee injury slowing down his season his stock is dropping but the previous year many considered him a player to watch with a high 2nd low 1st round grade. Concerns over that knee and his speed might drop him to the back end of the 3rd to late 4th range. Seems like a BB type of pick, high talented player from a school he likes dropping a couple rounds lower then his talent level because of injury. If he's available in the mid rounds his talent is worth the injury risk but not any earlier then very late 3rd range

Cody Latimer from Indiana 6'3" 215 4.6 - He showed flashes of great play but was inconsistent against some of the bigger schools. Still the talent is there if he can unlock it. Like Robinson and Coleman the question surrounds his speed. Many feel he should have stayed in school to improve his route running consistency but has high day 2 upside. Looks to go late day 2 to mid day 3 range.

Cody Hoffman from BYU 6'4" 215 4.6 - Hoffman would be right up there with Robinson if not for a hammy issue early in the year and being suspended by the team. That suspension killed his stock dropping him to the day 3 range but make no mistake about this kids talent. He had great games against better secondary's like Washington and Wis. In 12' he had one of the best stat lines for a college WR dispite having an inconsistent mediocre QB. If you want someone with Robinson ability and size without having to spend a low 1st high 2nd this would be the guy you'd want to target. Again, another BB type of move, high talent guy dropping multiple rounds because of red flags. 

Alex Neutz from Buffalo 6'3" 205 4.55 - From a smaller school he could be overlooked but he has advanced route running ability and catches the ball at the point of attack. He also uses his body well to block out defenders allowing him to artifically create separation to compensate for the lack of speed. Has some upside but still a roll of the dice on talent level compared to the names listed above. Can be found mid day 3. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

on the offensive side of the ball, drafting a Tight End and a Center are much bigger needs than Wide Receiver

[/QUOTE]

Agree with most, not all. We need to beef up ghe interior of the OL badly,  as well as get another TE in case we lose Gronk again. We don't need another LB, we already have 3 of the most athletic LBs in the NFL.

What we need is a beast of a SS to help move Duron along. By week 10, Harmon should be the starting SS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dobson brings some to the table if he can get some consistency but still Dobson has trouble gaining separation and doesn't fight for the ball. Robinson is better at creating separation and does fight for the ball. Thompkins though has already hit his ceiling. There's a reason he was healthy scrathes at the end of the season. Thompkins might make for a good #3/4 WR but he's not a starter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

A couple of things:

1.  Robinson will not be there at the end of Rd 2.

2.  He's played (2) years in a B.O. offense, exceling in both, so the ramp up time should theoretically be reduced, if they were to target him early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with most, not all. We need to beef up ghe interior of the OL badly,  as well as get another TE in case we lose Gronk again. We don't need another LB, we already have 3 of the most athletic LBs in the NFL.

What we need is a beast of a SS to help move Duron along. By week 10, Harmon should be the starting SS.

[/QUOTE]

I think you might be thinking too much of Harmon. He's a nice sub SS but he hasn't shown anything more than a James Sanders type of ceiling. If they find a beast of a SS I just can't see Harmon taking over at any point in the season. Esp, considering he couldn't even beat out Gregory

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like a bigger RZ threat but not with a 2nd. Not to mention Robinson is tagged as a fringed 1st round talent so he might not even be available in the back of the 2nd. Personally I'd like to use the 1st and 2nd to find an anchor on the DL (which imo is more needed then another WR) and a top end TE (which we saw how much better the O functioned with Gronk so a TE could be more important then a single WR).

Some names with similar size and good ball skills to take a look at in the draft are:

Brandon Coleman from Rutgers 6'6" 220 4.6 - Because of a knee injury slowing down his season his stock is dropping but the previous year many considered him a player to watch with a high 2nd low 1st round grade. Concerns over that knee and his speed might drop him to the back end of the 3rd to late 4th range. Seems like a BB type of pick, high talented player from a school he likes dropping a couple rounds lower then his talent level because of injury. If he's available in the mid rounds his talent is worth the injury risk but not any earlier then very late 3rd range

Cody Latimer from Indiana 6'3" 215 4.6 - He showed flashes of great play but was inconsistent against some of the bigger schools. Still the talent is there if he can unlock it. Like Robinson and Coleman the question surrounds his speed. Many feel he should have stayed in school to improve his route running consistency but has high day 2 upside. Looks to go late day 2 to mid day 3 range.

Cody Hoffman from BYU 6'4" 215 4.6 - Hoffman would be right up there with Robinson if not for a hammy issue early in the year and being suspended by the team. That suspension killed his stock dropping him to the day 3 range but make no mistake about this kids talent. He had great games against better secondary's like Washington and Wis. In 12' he had one of the best stat lines for a college WR dispite having an inconsistent mediocre QB. If you want someone with Robinson ability and size without having to spend a low 1st high 2nd this would be the guy you'd want to target. Again, another BB type of move, high talent guy dropping multiple rounds because of red flags. 

Alex Neutz from Buffalo 6'3" 205 4.55 - From a smaller school he could be overlooked but he has advanced route running ability and catches the ball at the point of attack. He also uses his body well to block out defenders allowing him to artifically create separation to compensate for the lack of speed. Has some upside but still a roll of the dice on talent level compared to the names listed above. Can be found mid day 3. 

[/QUOTE]

Dobson is 6'3 215...

Give him a chance to grow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Dobson is 6'3 215...

Give him a chance to grow.

[/QUOTE]

I know he is and I'm willing to give him time but I do think we need a fighter in the RZ and I just don't see Dobson being a fighter. He has trouble out jumping CB's 5" shorter than him. The reason for the height though was in reference towards the OP's post. If he was looking for size those are names I would look out for. There are other WR's in the 5'10"-6'0" range I like too but just off the original post those are the names with size that came to mind for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see us end up with either Coleman or Hoffman.  I might even like Hoffman a little more.  One of these guys might be there in the 4th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm very intrigued by what I've seen from Latimer.  Solid NFL build, particularly in the lower half... really explodes off the line and elevates well.  I also really like his effort/phsyciality as a blocker in space, maybe the best I've seen in this class so far... he also works an effective double move and tempos his routes well.  I'd even go so far to say that I like him better than I liked Dobson last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

again why the heck continue drafting lesser talent in round 3-5 WR is a position you need to draft in the first round .

The WR core doesnt have a BIG IMPENDING WR , dobson hasnt shown much separation at the line of scrimmage, all the other WR are under 6'0 , all other team will take away Edelman (if he resgins)/Amendola from the game , stuck up the middle and it will be like 2009 again.

we have seen it already in the AFCCG game that when no WR can get separation , brady gets sacked and the OL Cant give him enough time .

we need bigger and stronger WR no more amendola/boyce /edleman /slater , BB has to draft some talent and please no more CB .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

again why the heck continue drafting lesser talent in round 3-5 WR is a position you need to draft in the first round .

The WR core doesnt have a BIG IMPENDING WR , dobson hasnt shown much separation at the line of scrimmage, all the other WR are under 6'0 , all other team will take away Edelman (if he resgins)/Amendola from the game , stuck up the middle and it will be like 2009 again.

we have seen it already in the AFCCG game that when no WR can get separation , brady gets sacked and the OL Cant give him enough time .

we need bigger and stronger WR no more amendola/boyce /edleman /slater , BB has to draft some talent and please no more CB .

[/QUOTE]

They should keep building up the trenches with early picks... you win games from the inside out, not vice versa. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They should keep building up the trenches with early picks... you win games from the inside out, not vice versa. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree. DL, interior OL, but I also think a TE should be in the cards in FA or draft. 

Any thoughts on Mark Harrison? Isn't he on the PS? He has the size, speed, athleticism folks covet. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would love this and if I could add an interior DL it would be Christmas in April....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Follow up on Mark Harrison....6'3", 235, 4.38 forty. That is special. If he can pick up the offense, he and Dobson outside would look nice, with Boyce and Edelman in the slot. 

he was placed on the nfi list, so not on PS. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow up on Mark Harrison....6'3", 235, 4.38 forty. That is special. If he can pick up the offense, he and Dobson outside would look nice, with Boyce and Edelman in the slot. 

[/QUOTE]

that size is a TE in the Hern mold for this offense

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that size is a TE in the Hern mold for this offense

[/QUOTE]

perhaps. Depends on how bb wants to mold him. But yes, he could play the Hern role, or drop 10 lbs, work on his speed, quickness and play outside. I think he could play either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I would bet money on BB (not) drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe a TE, but no way he drafts a WR early.

Everyone keeps talking about skill players which is all fun....but if you really want our skill players to perform better, you have to start in the trenches. Our OL gets pushed around with strong front fours...which shuts the run game down, and then they pin their ears back and rush TB knowing he's going to pass.

I would go get a 1st round OL....are there any beast Centers out there? Then go find either a DT or SS. Maybe pick up a back up for Vollmer in the 3rd. If there is a game changing SS in the end of the 1st round...grab him, and pick up your center in the 2nd.

Sorry folks, but our WRs are not the reason we lost to Denver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would bet money on BB (not) drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe a TE, but no way he drafts a WR early.

Everyone keeps talking about skill players which is all fun....but if you really want our skill players to perform better, you have to start in the trenches. Our OL gets pushed around with strong front fours...which shuts the run game down, and then they pin their ears back and rush TB knowing he's going to pass.

I would go get a 1st round OL....are there any beast Centers out there? Then go find either a DT or SS. Maybe pick up a back up for Vollmer in the 3rd. If there is a game changing SS in the end of the 1st round...grab him, and pick up your center in the 2nd.

Sorry folks, but our WRs are not the reason we lost to Denver.

[/QUOTE]

didnt we already waste enough draft picks in the first and second riund on safeties

DMC , chung merriweather,wilson , harmon most have been busts i would rather draft and take a chance on a WR

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see the Pats draft needs as:

DT

OL/C

SS

TE

Order of selection will be whatever BB decides.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see the Pats draft needs as:

DT

OL/C

SS

TE

Order of selection will be whatever BB decides.

[/QUOTE]

The best player available might just be Lousiville S Calvin Pryor... he's a 6-2 210 athletic hammer of a S.  Best S in this class, IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclejack02130. Show unclejack02130's posts

Hate to say it, but cut Vince and free up the cash, before the injury he looked old, fat and slow-now he could come back but he looks huge.  Sometimes these guys hit a wall real quick.  But agree, we need OL help esp at center and dominent DT.  Year after year no pass rush, Jones gets garbage sacks.