Alright guys, trade deadline tomorrow, thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Alright guys, trade deadline tomorrow, thoughts?

Pats need a WR most imo.

-Larry Fitz, a dream but maybe the guy says screw all these bad Qbs i've dealt with. lemme take a pay cut and try to turn around an offense and get a real SB shot. and Fitz is a smart guy he will learn the offense. what would the price be though??

-Josh Gordon, rumors about teams offering for him. maybe a more reasonable option but how smart is the guy? the talent is insane but what's his football IQ? and what would it take? mallet and a second?

-Hakeem Nicks, don't like guys that have stone hands... but he does have talent. i wouldn't pay much for him. they rumor it to be a 3rd? too high for me.. still could help though.

-Emmanuel Sanders, if the rumors are true that the Pats may make a run at Emmanuel that would be nice. i would assume the price is still a 3rd? to me that is a little high... but we'll see on that.

-Kenny Britt, this guy could be cheap. rumor is 7th rounder gets the deal done. problem is this guy is an idiot. cant control himself and how can he be trusted to learn this complex O? i doubt it. he's talented sure but it will take too much time to get him in the mix. i don't like this one.

-I have no clue what possible defenseive guys are on the block but i am really starting to like Jones & Vellano in the middle and don't see a need there so dont waste draft picks for a DT imo. once Kelly and Armstead get back this interior wil be very good.

i still think there is a need for a cover LB. Collins is getting there but just isnt 'there' yet. seems like he needs a season to be NFL ready. Fletcher looks like he can fill in well but maybe jsut one more cover LB to add the depth we need.

I hope BB makes a move, but hopefully, as he normally does, he makes a smart move that can immediatly help the team. i love where this team is at now. the offense will get better but a Vet WR will really help for the right price. oh, we will see tmrw....

Thoughts? Trade or No? if so, for what?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Alright guys, trade deadline tomorrow, thoughts?

Josh Gordon, if brady throwing him the ball he will put up ski ball numbers.

Larry Fitz pipe dream the $$

E Sanders is the most realistic but doubt it will happen.

Hicks.  No thanks would like another CB don't know who's out there. You people know more then me on that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh Gordon, if brady throwing him the ball he will put up ski ball numbers.

Larry Fitz pipe dream the $$

E Sanders is the most realistic but doubt it will happen.

Hicks.  No thanks would like another CB don't know who's out there. You people know more then me on that.

[/QUOTE]

i thoughts on Fitz is he says 'f this i wanna win. I'll take a pay cut'... just a dream lol
    i like your thinking  on anoter CB i do not like Cole out there... at all and we needs insurance since Talib & Arrington arent 100%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Give me Tony Gonzalaz and I would be freaking happy!  Imagine Gronk and TG together.  No can defend!!  Who would stop them both?  Nobody!

Fitz is a dream, won't happen this year for sure.  Doubt even a chance next year.

I would take Gordon or Sanders if the deal was right, certainly not going to bend over to get either one of them.  I do think having one of em would help the offense more then hoping one of the current cast breaks out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Only way Pitt would trade Sanders is with deal that he has no comm with PAts until after Steelers game.

Gordon is most likely for a WR but I think Dobson had a good game last week just in time to fend that off.

I think it will be a surprise if it happens and will be a LB or DT, not even sure an OL is not possible now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

i like your thinking  on anoter CB i do not like Cole out there... at all and we needs insurance since Talib & Arrington arent 100%

I'm with you on this 1000%

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

I think it will be a surprise if it happens and will be a LB or DT, not even sure an OL is not possible now.

Yes, with the news about seas bass coming out today I think you are correct here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, he is just BAD. worst ball skills i've seen. yes, i do think he deserves a roster spot but he MUST stay on ST only. guy seems to get killed every time he goes out at DB...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i think the Pats have faith in Cannon or Svitek to take the role over fine... Cannon seemed solid yday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB was oozing praise on Cole for his sideline play..he is in good favor right now.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, he is just BAD. worst ball skills i've seen. yes, i do think he deserves a roster spot but he MUST stay on ST only. guy seems to get killed every time he goes out at DB...

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

BB was oozing praise on Cole for his sideline play..he is in good favor right now.

Man, I praise Cole for his sideline play too!  When he is on the sidelines that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, I praise Cole for his sideline play too!  When he is on the sidelines that is.

[/QUOTE]

lol yes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Per John Clayton ESPN last call

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/lastcall1308/nfl-john-clayton-last-call-week-8

Patriots portion of article:

Patriots must trade for a wide receiver: Bill Belichick has to decide by Tuesday whether to trade for a veteran wide receiver. From the looks of the Patriots after eight games, he should definitely pursue adding Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks or some other veteran who can catch the ball.

Although the Patriots can celebrate a 6-2 start and a 27-17 win over the Miami Dolphins, they need one more experienced hand on offense for Tom Brady. Brady threw for only 116 yards even though he had Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola back on the field. It's pretty clear rookie receivers Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson are struggling in this offense. Dobson had four catches for 60 yards Sunday; Thompkins had none.

It's time to get a veteran. If I were the Patriots, I'd offer a second-round pick and QB Ryan Mallett to Cleveland for Gordon. If that doesn't work, I'd offer a conditional seventh-rounder to Tennessee for Britt. If that doesn't work, I'd call the Giants about Nicks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What I think will happen? Nothing

What I would want to happen? well a lot of things

WR - Don't want a high priced WR but you know I thought Sanders would have been a good Pat this offseason and thought it was a mistake not to get him when they could so if they can get him for a 3rd he'd be a great addition this year and moving forward. If you ask where he fits well since Edelman has fallen away a bit as of late you have a rotation of Edelman and Amendola to keep both fresh, Sanders is on the field most of the time and have Dobson in the 3 man set with Thompkins coming in every so often to spell someone or 4 WR sets. Heck, Sanders can even return kicks

DT - I really and I mean really want Taylor but that's not going to happen so someone a little more realistic is Shaun Rodgers. Big run stuffing DT that can play on early downs for either Vellano or Jones in rotation and then taken off the field on passing downs. Last year of a cheap contract and is a quick fit since he won't be asked to do anything but plug a hole in the center and stop the run. Should also cost an extra cheap pick like 7th round type of pick. Maybe even McLendon from Pitt. Could we get Sanders and McLendon in a package deal for Bolden/Blount and a 3rd?

CB - I like Ryan and once Talib gets back Ryan, Talib, and Dennard should get all the reps so can we trade Arrington and dump the salary somehow? If Arrington's contract was half of what it is I'd keep him but they gave him #2 CB money and he just isn't that.

(pipdream) Coverage LB - Ray Ray Armstrong. No chance Stl would let him go and he was quite a steal as a UDFA but he has the height and size, not to mention he use to be a SS to be the coverage LB/SS we need to cover TE's

Like I said none of the above will happen (Sanders most likely) but it's nice to dream

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I think will happen? Nothing

What I would want to happen? well a lot of things

WR - Don't want a high priced WR but you know I thought Sanders would have been a good Pat this offseason and thought it was a mistake not to get him when they could so if they can get him for a 3rd he'd be a great addition this year and moving forward. If you ask where he fits well since Edelman has fallen away a bit as of late you have a rotation of Edelman and Amendola to keep both fresh, Sanders is on the field most of the time and have Dobson in the 3 man set with Thompkins coming in every so often to spell someone or 4 WR sets. Heck, Sanders can even return punts

DT - I really and I mean really want Taylor but that's not going to happen so someone a little more realistic is Shaun Rodgers. Big run stuffing DT that can play on early downs for either Vellano or Jones in rotation and then taken off the field on passing downs. Last year of a cheap contract and is a quick fit since he won't be asked to do anything but plug a hole in the center and stop the run. Should also cost an extra cheap pick like 7th round type of pick

CB - I like Ryan and once Talib gets back Ryan, Talib, and Dennard should get all the reps so can we trade Arrington and dump the salary somehow? If Arrington's contract was half of what it is I'd keep him but they gave him #2 CB money and he just isn't that.

(pipdream) Coverage LB - Ray Ray Armstrong. No chance Stl would let him go and he was quite a steal as a UDFA but he has the height and size, not to mention he use to be a SS to be the coverage LB/SS we need to cover TE's

Like I said none of the above will happen (Sanders most likely) but it's nice to dream

[/QUOTE]

good thoughts. the best value trade out there seems to be Sanders for a 3rd. but honestly will BB do anything? probably not.... should he? yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

They signed Svitek to spell both OT's...Wha' Happen'd ?...Cannon played well yesterday bit I think they really intended for him to play inside and I think long term that's where he ends up...for now, based on how he played, leave him there at OT..I don't think they need an OT...

DT?...Yeppers to that...If I was a team playing the Pats I'd run off tackle and inside all day long...those 2 replacement DT's try hard but they lack size and experience and are getting chewed up on running plays...most guards weigh in excess of 320 and they simply push them out of the way pretty easily...todays O linemen and D linemen have similar weight lifting programs so the bigger you are weight wise usually results in having more push...It's a matter of physics...given time a smaller D lineman gets murdered inside...

I agree, this is where a smart team with a good running game could do some damage. 

I think these guys are really effective in passing situations though.

Good thing the NFL is pass happy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree with the people saying DT is the more pressing need, but our receivers just aren't getting open consistently enough. Thompkins has disappeared, Dobson may turn into a legit weapon, but right now he is exactly someone you can rely on...Amendola is an injury waiting to happen. 

I just think if we are serious about winning this year, they are going to have to trade for two players...a wideout and a DT. I just don't see that happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with the people saying DT is the more pressing need, but our receivers just aren't getting open consistently enough. Thompkins has disappeared, Dobson may turn into a legit weapon, but right now he is exactly someone you can rely on...Amendola is an injury waiting to happen. 

I just think if we are serious about winning this year, they are going to have to trade for two players...a wideout and a DT. I just don't see that happening.

[/QUOTE]

Well too bad for BB because I decided I want a package deal from Pitt for Sanders and McLendon. I'm already convinced that's the best move so he has to do it right?.....?..... oh wait I'm not Kraft, >.<

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Tony Gonzalez is really the only person I would bite on.  Could get him on the relative cheap for a 1 year rental.  Most of the other names would be too pricey, or too questionable. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I think Fred Davis is the most likely player we would get. Hope we pull off a deal for Tony G though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Tony g would be ideal, but don't see it.

we should have upped the ante on sanders and passed on amendola. Sanders would have cost half the money and would have been on the field more. Anyway, good to make another run at him now, but the price is now less than a third. It should be anyway. 

normally I would say a DT, but without knowing Kelly and armstead timetable, I cant. If both Kelly and armstead can get on the field in the next 2 weeks, I would ride with vellano and jones. Both are playing well. 

If we could get Jared Allen and fit him under the cap, I would do it. He and jones on the outside, velano and jones inside with nink, hightower and spikes at lb would be a very good front 7. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we should have upped the ante on sanders and passed on amendola. Sanders would have cost half the money and would have been on the field more. Anyway, good to make another run at him now, but the price is now less than a third. It should be anyway. 

normally I would say a DT, but without knowing Kelly and armstead timetable, I cant. If both Kelly and armstead can get on the field in the next 2 weeks, I would ride with vellano and jones. Both are playing well. 

If we could get Jared Allen and fit him under the cap, I would do it. He and jones on the outside, velano and jones inside with nink, hightower and spikes at lb would be a very good front 7. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point forgot about Jared Allen. Imagine if we got Allen and Tony G Surprised

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point forgot about Jared Allen. Imagine if we got Allen and Tony G Surprised

[/QUOTE]

love the dreaming but that just seems like alot of Cap to take on haha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

"It's pretty clear rookie receivers Kenbrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson are struggling in this offense."

[/QUOTE]

I could hear the homers grumbling from here when they read this. LMAO

How dare this guy not guzzle the kool-aide!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

DT is the most pressing need, but there are no sure things at DT on the market, so I'd go after the sure thing at TE:  Gonzalez.